Lowry Deals

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,170

Re: Re: Lowry Deals 

Post#41 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:47 am

Def Leppard wrote:HEY MIAMI!

If dragic walks:

Luol and Napier for Lowry?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

Napier sucks and Deng is a band aid solution. Not a fan of handing Miami more talent. We have given them enough in Bosh, Jermaine O'Neal etc
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Re: Lowry Deals 

Post#42 » by DanishLakerFan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:37 am

pipfan wrote:I have a thread going about the Raps blowing it up. I think I remember reports that Maasi wasn't in love with this core, but last year's surprise post-Gay run forced his hand. No team with Lowry/DD as their 2 best guys will compete for a title, but they will get stuck in the treadmill.

All these trades have the goal of Toronto being worse next year, then they get the NY/Den probable lottery pick, their own and have tons of cap space, plus their young core of JV/Ross/Caboclo/Noguiera, plus the #20 and the pieces they get back from dealing Lowry and DD. That way they have proven young talent, potential players, picks and cap space. Of course, a new coach too.

Here some ideas for Lowry trades:

4. Lakers send Randle, Young, and the Houston pick for Lowry
This one might seem funny, but it is only if LA gets Towns or Okafor. I think they should go all in for 2016 at KD and Love. Assuming OKC falls short again and Love might not love Clev-a core of KD/Lowry/Love/Towns could be an instant title contender. But, to get those two interested, they need some win-now talent. Plus, watching Lowry and Kobe battle next season would be fun.

Two first round picks - Randle + Houston pick - for a injury-prone PG? Not really interested, but i suppose if a lot of pieces fell into the right places and we managed to land Karl Towns AND signed Love as a free agent, i think this could be something worth considering. Love and Randle probably wont work together anyway and Lowry, despite his injury woes, is pretty good and would probably fit well with Kobe and Love, i think.

Also, if we could add a solid wing as well in free agency - like Jay Crowder, Demarre Carroll, Arron Afflalo, Wes Matthews or Danny Green on a cheap promise-to-pay-you-later-deal, i think we could be really good.

Wouldn't want to give up the Houston pick, though.

Toronto would obviously not move Lowry unles they were looking at a rebuild and in that case, i think Lowry for Randle would make some sense. Not sure if Lowry is going to land them anything better than that.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#43 » by jimmy keys » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:45 pm

yenrallik11 wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
I would have to agree. If you're not getting back a top pick/blue chip prospect why would you deal Lowry? Dealing Lowry and going full rebuild would require a better return than anything presented above in my opinion.

That's the thing. As much as my fellow Raptor fans are making threads about dealing DeRozan and Lowry, there really is no fire sale going on and our owners certainly won't be tanking as we are hosting the All-Star game next year. There is likely to be a major re-tool (and rightfully so) but not a rebuild. So all of these deals that have Lowry going out for high draft picks and not players than can actually fit in and contribute are definitely not going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Exactly, re-tool. I keep saying it but I'm curious if everyone thinks so too. Need a starting SF and more established center, yes?

No I'd love to see what Jonas could do with a coaching staff that knows how to use him. Re-tooling in basketball usually a sideways move at best, but Masai made a nice re-tool trade with the Kings. I don't see how the Raptors can trade multiple pieces for an upgrade/star player. It would be another 3 for 1 or 4 for 1 type trade if you moved DeRozan for players instead of picks.
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,509

Post#44 » by S.W.A.N » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:55 am

IAMRANDYMARSH wrote:
pipfan wrote:I have a thread going about the Raps blowing it up. I think I remember reports that Maasi wasn't in love with this core, but last year's surprise post-Gay run forced his hand. No team with Lowry/DD as their 2 best guys will compete for a title, but they will get stuck in the treadmill.

All these trades have the goal of Toronto being worse next year, then they get the NY/Den probable lottery pick, their own and have tons of cap space, plus their young core of JV/Ross/Caboclo/Noguiera, plus the #20 and the pieces they get back from dealing Lowry and DD. That way they have proven young talent, potential players, picks and cap space. Of course, a new coach too.

This one might seem funny, but it is only if LA gets Towns or Okafor. I think they should go all in for 2016 at KD and Love. Assuming OKC falls short again and Love might not love Clev-a core of KD/Lowry/Love/Towns could be an instant title contender. But, to get those two interested, they need some win-now talent. Plus, watching Lowry and Kobe battle next season would be fun.

Two first round picks - Randle + Houston pick - for a injury-prone PG? Not really interested, but i suppose if a lot of pieces fell into the right places and we managed to land Karl Towns AND signed Love as a free agent, i think this could be something worth considering. Love and Randle probably wont work together anyway and Lowry, despite his injury woes, is pretty good and would probably fit well with Kobe and Love, i think.

Also, if we could add a solid wing as well in free agency - like Jay Crowder, Demarre Carroll, Arron Afflalo, Wes Matthews or Danny Green on a cheap promise-to-pay-you-later-deal, i think we could be really good.

Toronto would obviously not move Lowry unles they were looking at a rebuild and in that case, i think Lowry for Randle would make some sense. Not sure if Lowry is going to land them anything better than that.

I think if both teams interested that a deal could be made around Lowry for Randle. We can argue about what fillers to add but as a basic premises it works. Raptors would love to have a good young PF to build around.

And really depending on your needs/ wants I would say it could be Demar instead of Lowry, would just mean adjusting the filllers.
We the North
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 4,996

Post#45 » by R-DAWG » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:27 am

S.W.A.N wrote:
IAMRANDYMARSH wrote:

I think if both teams interested that a deal could be made around Lowry for Randle. We can argue about what fillers to add but as a basic premises it works. Raptors would love to have a good young PF to build around.

And really depending on your needs/ wants I would say it could be Demar instead of Lowry, would just mean adjusting the filllers.

If the Lakers sign Kevin Love then this idea makes a lot of sense. Randle and Love together won't work defensively, so if they sign Love they will likely need to move Randle to balance the roster. But LA would be better served moving Randle for a player on a rookie scale deal and using the extra $9 million in cap space to fill the roster.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,413

Re: Re: Lowry Deals 

Post#46 » by Rapsfan07 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:14 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:

If dragic walks:

Napier sucks and Deng is a band aid solution. Not a fan of handing Miami more talent. We have given them enough in Bosh, Jermaine O'Neal etc

I would deal Lowry to the Heat but I would be asking for the #10 pick in return.
Def Leppard
Analyst
And1: 2,217

Lowry Deals 

Post#47 » by Def Leppard » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:58 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:

If dragic walks:

I would deal Lowry to the Heat but I would be asking for the #10 pick in return.
luol and ten? Napier and ten or just ten straight up? Salary still have to match right?

Return to Trades and Transactions