Lowry Deals

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Lowry Deals 

Post#1 » by pipfan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:32 pm

I have a thread going about the Raps blowing it up. I think I remember reports that Maasi wasn't in love with this core, but last year's surprise post-Gay run forced his hand. No team with Lowry/DD as their 2 best guys will compete for a title, but they will get stuck in the treadmill.

All these trades have the goal of Toronto being worse next year, then they get the NY/Den probable lottery pick, their own and have tons of cap space, plus their young core of JV/Ross/Caboclo/Noguiera, plus the #20 and the pieces they get back from dealing Lowry and DD. That way they have proven young talent, potential players, picks and cap space. Of course, a new coach too.

Here some ideas for Lowry trades:
1. Milw sends Mayo (expiring), Ennis, Plumlee, #17 and the Clips future pick
Milw moves MCW to 6th man, where he would be best. They look to be top 4 next year-it is clear they are on the upswing, but could use some leadership and a true floor general

2. Indy sends the #11, SHill and either Hibbert-or if he opts out-into cap space-plus their 2017 pick (top 10 protected). Indy jump starts their reload around Lowry and George. If Bird wants to play faster, Hill is not the answer at PG, but could play the 2 or be a great 3rd guard.

3. Utah sends the #12, TBurke, the GS future pick and cap space for Lowry and Patterson.
I think Utah could make some serious noise with a lineup of Lowry/Hood/Hayward/Favors/Gorbert/Exum/Burks/Patterson-that is an awesome 8 man core with plenty of upside still.

4. Lakers send Randle, Young, and the Houston pick for Lowry
This one might seem funny, but it is only if LA gets Towns or Okafor. I think they should go all in for 2016 at KD and Love. Assuming OKC falls short again and Love might not love Clev-a core of KD/Lowry/Love/Towns could be an instant title contender. But, to get those two interested, they need some win-now talent. Plus, watching Lowry and Kobe battle next season would be fun.
Gremz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,142

Re: Lowry Deals 

Post#2 » by Gremz » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:34 pm

Too much for Pacers. We can't afford that many assets.
CBA
Bench Warmer
And1: 378

Post#3 » by CBA » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:49 pm

Lowry to Utah makes a lot of sense. A move that definitely puts them in playoff contention without sacrificing their future flexibility.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#4 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:15 pm

pipfan wrote:I have a thread going about the Raps blowing it up. I think I remember reports that Maasi wasn't in love with this core, but last year's surprise post-Gay run forced his hand. No team with Lowry/DD as their 2 best guys will compete for a title, but they will get stuck in the treadmill.

All these trades have the goal of Toronto being worse next year, then they get the NY/Den probable lottery pick, their own and have tons of cap space, plus their young core of JV/Ross/Caboclo/Noguiera, plus the #20 and the pieces they get back from dealing Lowry and DD. That way they have proven young talent, potential players, picks and cap space. Of course, a new coach too.

Milw moves MCW to 6th man, where he would be best. They look to be top 4 next year-it is clear they are on the upswing, but could use some leadership and a true floor general

2. Indy sends the #11, SHill and either Hibbert-or if he opts out-into cap space-plus their 2017 pick (top 10 protected). Indy jump starts their reload around Lowry and George. If Bird wants to play faster, Hill is not the answer at PG, but could play the 2 or be a great 3rd guard.

3. Utah sends the #12, TBurke, the GS future pick and cap space for Lowry and Patterson.
I think Utah could make some serious noise with a lineup of Lowry/Hood/Hayward/Favors/Gorbert/Exum/Burks/Patterson-that is an awesome 8 man core with plenty of upside still.

This one might seem funny, but it is only if LA gets Towns or Okafor. I think they should go all in for 2016 at KD and Love. Assuming OKC falls short again and Love might not love Clev-a core of KD/Lowry/Love/Towns could be an instant title contender. But, to get those two interested, they need some win-now talent. Plus, watching Lowry and Kobe battle next season would be fun.

Well, Lowry/Hill/George better win a championship by themselves, because there's no other pieces to make moves after that Lowery deal.

That's a no. George Hill is a fine enough PG for what we do now, and WANT to do going forward. Kyle Lowry is a fine player, but we just can't afford to give up our only 3 1st round picks (SHill is the only one on the roster, and then this year's lotto and the next pick we could trade). It's just a silly overpay that locks us into the inability to do anything else.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#5 » by Golabki » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:04 pm

Houston is an obvious candidate

Jones plus a couple firsts?
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#6 » by mlloyd10 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:28 pm

pipfan wrote:I have a thread going about the Raps blowing it up. I think I remember reports that Maasi wasn't in love with this core, but last year's surprise post-Gay run forced his hand. No team with Lowry/DD as their 2 best guys will compete for a title, but they will get stuck in the treadmill.

No thanks to Lowry for that - He's on the downside or his career. Rather have Ennis moving forward.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,450

Post#7 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:34 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:

No thanks to Lowry for that - He's on the downside or his career. Rather have Ennis moving forward.

Probably top 3 homer response I have ever heard. :nonono:
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#8 » by mlloyd10 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:49 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:

Probably top 3 homer response I have ever heard. :nonono:

Of course Lowry is better than ennis and not saying he is a bad player, but he would be a treadmill move for this team. I dont consider Lowry a move to put us over the top and there is no reason to move future assets if a move doesn't. Bucks are looking like 2016-2017 to be the year they can compete. Id rather give the minutes to Ennis
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,088

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:56 pm

Utah is the best bet. Value seems pretty fair as well. However, if you are getting #12 and Burke, that's it. Asking for more isn't rationale.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
pipfan
RealGM

Post#10 » by pipfan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:43 pm

Houston was a no go because I think he and McHale clashed. I like Utah best too. Remember, Utah gets Patterson in that deal as well-who is a great fit for them off the bench. Patterson is worth the future GS pick.

Lowry was rightfully an All Star starter this year and should have plenty of years left. Plus, his deal will be a huge bargain in 2016.

As for Milw, I just don't see that as a huge loss for them. They should be done in the lottery-their only hope to compete is GA and Parker becoming stars. If they do, they are set-if not, the #17, Ennis, Plumee won't matter
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#11 » by AingesBurner » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:02 pm

I like it as a Utah fan but id rather turn that GS pick into a slew of 2nds, GS is a Curry injury away from being a lottery team...
Ingles is cooked.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,764

Post#12 » by Colbinii » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:14 pm

Kyle Lowry, James Johnson
for
Ricky Rubio, Anthony Bennett, Lotto Protected 1st
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#13 » by Bentley1225 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:29 pm

Dont Jazz fans want Exeum to be the starting point guard by 2016-17 season?. I agree Burke and #12 makes sense but won't this cannibalize path for Dante?
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#14 » by jimmy keys » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:05 pm

yenrallik11 wrote:Not thrilled about anything that has been suggested. Houston offer seems odd. 1sts are nice but likely low with the rockets looking strong for a few seasons to come. Jones is blah, as he is nothing special and the raptors have lots of PFs. LA is crap, bucks need to send back MCW. Utah is not bad, at least a young PG prospect in burke comes back. Too many deals overloading the PF and not bringing back a PG prospect to replace lowry

I would have to agree. If you're not getting back a top pick/blue chip prospect why would you deal Lowry? Dealing Lowry and going full rebuild would require a better return than anything presented above in my opinion.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,712

Post#15 » by eminence » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:14 pm

I would do the Utah deal (I'd rather have it be the OKC first or a bunch of seconds though), but it doesn't really work out for salaries does it?
I bought a boat.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#16 » by AingesBurner » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:34 pm

yenrallik11 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:I like it as a Utah fan but id rather turn that GS pick into a slew of 2nds, GS is a Curry injury away from being a lottery team...

Damn, that is pessimistic and extreme. Curry injury then lotto? The team is quite strong without him. You of course are talking major injury then. Even a badly sprained ankle that keeps him out 2 months doesn't put GSW close to the lottery. Frankly, you want lowry. fresh off a starting spot on the all-star team with fairly solid production compared to his salary. And ya wanna nickel and dime your way to getting him. Gotta give to get dude, slew of 2nds won't cut it. Can add a second or two to that first to get a top PG on a solid contract if ya want

Pessimistic but true, his ankles are made of glass and even a fracture keeps him out and that team is not that great without Curry for a long period of time. Id do a future protected Utah 1st or the OKC 1st and hes honestly a stop gap PG until Exum develops which we will see in a few years hopefully plus Lowry is much older than our current core, Id like to keep him as a future back up if possible.
Ingles is cooked.
pipfan
RealGM

Post#17 » by pipfan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:49 pm

It could be the OKC pick as well, but if were Tor I would want the GS pick-I think it is no protection.

It should work in July, once they have cap space. Utah picks for them, does the deal in July
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#18 » by LApwnd » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:59 pm

LA couldn't say no fast enough....as if lowry is the piece that lures those fa? Lol gtfoh....if we did get okafor or kat along randle and 2 max cap space next season would be 10x more applealing than lowry
pipfan
RealGM

Post#19 » by pipfan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:11 pm

I disagree LA-KD wants to win now. Lowry is an excellent PG, and in his prime. Plus, I think they should go after Love, who plays the 4 like Randle. If I were KD/Love (who are buddies) and I saw these two options
Towns/Lowry
Towns/Randle

I would go with the first QUICK. Plus, they dump Young in this deal-more cap space.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#20 » by LApwnd » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:25 pm

pipfan wrote:I disagree LA-KD wants to win now. Lowry is an excellent PG, and in his prime. Plus, I think they should go after Love, who plays the 4 like Randle. If I were KD/Love (who are buddies) and I saw these two options
Towns/Lowry
Towns/Randle

I would go with the first QUICK. Plus, they dump Young in this deal-more cap space.

Ill take my chances with Clarkson development....he had a much better finish to the season than lowry.....as for kd...lots can happen now till his fa and lowry will be another yr older so i higky doubt kd is salivating at teamming up with him. If we do some hiw get love, id ratjer trade randle for high impact wing

Return to Trades and Transactions