Auction for Okafor (if Towns and Russell are 1-2)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,007

Re: Auction for Okafor (if Towns and Russell are 1-2) 

Post#61 » by R-DAWG » Fri May 22, 2015 2:16 pm

oyoyer wrote:
R-DAWG wrote:
oyoyer wrote:
I personally do not see Mudiay as high risk high reward, I see him as like Elfrid Payton without the defense. Again, though, we are never really sure what Hinkie is thinking so anything is possible, I am just speaking for what I would do. I do hope someone up top falls in love with him for whatever reason though. Let's say for sake of argument the Lakers take Mudiay at 2. What would your Knicks give up to flip spots and assure themselves Okafor? Before you say nothing, realize Hinkie is shopping him everywhere. But I will just give the Knicks Mudiay in my mock draft now and call it a day. :lol:

I'm not willing to give up anything to swap slots for Okafor. I don't like Okafor enough to do that. Shop the pick all you want, I'll challenge you to take a guy that clogs your rotation.

Towns
Russell
Winslow
Okafor
Mudiay
Cauley-Stein

I'd move down and pick up picks before moving up for Okafor. If Towns is available, different story.

Fair enough, can't argue that. Would have thought with his post skills and passing touch he would be a perfect fit for the triangle though.

it would. And if we had a stockpile of picks or multiple young rookie scale players on the roster it might make more sense.

Also, there are plenty of offensive bigs who can't play defense available this summer - sure Love and Aldridge likely won't be in NY but there's still Monroe, Kanter, Lopez and Jefferson.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,698

Re: Auction for Okafor (if Towns and Russell are 1-2) 

Post#62 » by the_process » Fri May 22, 2015 2:55 pm

Good point. I can definitely see Monroe signing with the Knicks.

Return to Trades and Transactions