Celtics/Wolves

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,872

Re: Celtics/Wolves 

Post#21 » by Curmudgeon » Thu May 21, 2015 3:34 am

Mattya wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:The Celtics were 24 games better than the Wolves with what they have. Keep the pick as far as I'm concerned-- and keep Pekovic too.

Will do? Thanks :lol:

I'm rooting for ya, because if the Wolves can manage to fight their way out the the bottom 12 next year , the Celtics get their first rounder.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
KG_And1
Pro Prospect
And1: 151

Post#22 » by KG_And1 » Thu May 21, 2015 4:39 am

No Thank You.

Sorry, but no one on Boston's roster is appealing.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#23 » by moss_is_1 » Thu May 21, 2015 6:16 am

Wolves need the blue chip guys more then they need more middling pieces. Value isn't terrible, but the Wolves have too many players that need minutes as it is, this would just add to that.
serevei
Junior
And1: 12

Post#24 » by serevei » Thu May 21, 2015 9:39 am

Slava wrote:Wolves' only need is a top center. The top two picks are the best centers available, fit in the same age bracket as the rest of their core. There really is no reason for them to even entertain the thought of a trade.

PF.
NOLA Glasses
Senior
And1: 131

Post#25 » by NOLA Glasses » Thu May 21, 2015 2:10 pm

Doesn't make much sense for the Wolves in my mind.
New Orleans love.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,140

Post#26 » by GopherIt! » Thu May 21, 2015 7:44 pm

The Brooklyn 2015 first is 15th. I don't see their 2016 pick going a lot lower than that.
Deron, JJ, Thad, Brook & Mason will keep them semi respectable.

Minny isn't suddenly jumping to the 12th slot either. KAT & the T-pups need time to develop. Gonna be at least one more year in the cellar.
Peezo
Rookie
And1: 79

Celtics/Wolves 

Post#27 » by Peezo » Wed May 27, 2015 4:50 am

Yuck. The way to win in the NBA is by having multiple blue blood top-tier superstar players. Marcus smart and the 16 do not accomplish that goal. Just having a collection of "good" pieces like Boston or Phoenix this year does nothing to move the needle.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#28 » by Patsfan1081 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:47 am

wolves_89 wrote:The problem with Boston is that they don't have any one asset that would get the Wolves to even consider a trade. Combining 7 lesser assets isn't going to get you a 19 year old potential franchise player. In the NBA, one potentially elite player should never be traded for a pile of junk unless the team has no choice (i.e. player is going to walk in free agency at the end of the year).

Your talking like Towns is Anthony Davis, even with the injuries I'd still take Embiid over both of them. No one should be selling the farm to move up to get either one of these guys, the way you ruin your team is by putting all your eggs in one basket and trying to just build your team with young talent. Also, Wolves fans should not be calling the Celtics assets junk either, it's more likely Ainge uses his assets and builds a contender befor Minny makes the playoffs again.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#29 » by Patsfan1081 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:56 am

wolves_89 wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:Towns isn't a "potential franchise player." He's a project.

The Celtics were 24 games better than the Wolves with what they have. Keep the pick as far as I'm concerned-- and keep Pekovic too.

A rookie who has the potential to become a franchise player is by definition a "potential franchise player". It doesn't seem like that hard a concept to grasp.

When has Towns ever been touted as a future franchise talent. Most people thought he would go fourth in the draft midway through the season. The only reason some mock him over Okofer now is because Okofer got exposed pbadly on the defensive end late in the season. Just because a player is mocked the first or second pick doesn't mean he couldn't end up a bust, especially in a mediocre draft class like this one. Vonleh most likely would have been a top three pick this year with the freshman year he had.
DK-All Day
General Manager
And1: 8,335

Post#30 » by DK-All Day » Wed May 27, 2015 12:10 pm

GopherIt! wrote:The Brooklyn 2015 first is 15th. I don't see their 2016 pick going a lot lower than that.
Deron, JJ, Thad, Brook & Mason will keep them semi respectable.

Minny isn't suddenly jumping to the 12th slot either. KAT & the T-pups need time to develop. Gonna be at least one more year in the cellar.

But they are also getting a year older and there is no guarantee that Lopez and Young re-sign this offseason. Not to mention that the Pacers with PG will be better, Miami with Bosh coming back will better, Charlotte will be better. The Nets were a Pacers win away from selecting at #12(before being swapped with Atlanta).
Handsome.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,283

Post#31 » by brackdan70 » Wed May 27, 2015 1:49 pm

No for both teams.
Sign here
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,984

Post#32 » by wolves_89 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:39 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:The problem with Boston is that they don't have any one asset that would get the Wolves to even consider a trade. Combining 7 lesser assets isn't going to get you a 19 year old potential franchise player. In the NBA, one potentially elite player should never be traded for a pile of junk unless the team has no choice (i.e. player is going to walk in free agency at the end of the year).

Your talking like Towns is Anthony Davis, even with the injuries I'd still take Embiid over both of them. No one should be selling the farm to move up to get either one of these guys, the way you ruin your team is by putting all your eggs in one basket and trying to just build your team with young talent. Also, Wolves fans should not be calling the Celtics assets junk either, it's more likely Ainge uses his assets and builds a contender befor Minny makes the playoffs again.

I guess we will have to disagree on Embiid, I would definitely take Towns over him and would rate Okafor at about equal value.

With regards to the Celtics, they have a massive number of mid to low tier assets, but it is very hard to turn 10 dimes into a dollar. I much prefer the Wolves future to that of Boston.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,984

Post#33 » by wolves_89 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:42 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:Towns isn't a "potential franchise player." He's a project.

The Celtics were 24 games better than the Wolves with what they have. Keep the pick as far as I'm concerned-- and keep Pekovic too.

A rookie who has the potential to become a franchise player is by definition a "potential franchise player". It doesn't seem like that hard a concept to grasp.

When has Towns ever been touted as a future franchise talent. Most people thought he would go fourth in the draft midway through the season. The only reason some mock him over Okofer now is because Okofer got exposed pbadly on the defensive end late in the season. Just because a player is mocked the first or second pick doesn't mean he couldn't end up a bust, especially in a mediocre draft class like this one. Vonleh most likely would have been a top three pick this year with the freshman year he had.

Towns has been touted by most analysts as a guy who has elite level potential. Whether he reaches his potential is another question, but I haven't seen much of any disagreement that the potential exists. Also if you think Vonley would go in the top three there is something seriously wrong with how you evaluate players.

Return to Trades and Transactions