Knicks Trade Down - With DEN & UTAH

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#1 » by FutureKnicksGM » Sat May 23, 2015 12:34 am

Trade ID #6580912

Draft night trade -

DEN in: #4, Burke, Calderon
DEN out: #7, Lawson

Denver use Lawson to get the 4th pick in a 4 player draft. Hope to draft their point guard of the future as they start the rebuild (Mudiay).
Get a look at Burke, who might a have a little resale value (late first, early second?) if they want to move him. Jose is a decent vet pg to have around.

UTAH in: Lawson, Hardaway Jr
UTAH out: #12, Burke, Booker, Jerrett, Johnson, Cotton, Cooley

The Jazz upgrade there back court as they try to break into the playoffs. Lawson will get everyone easy looks, and should be more efficient scoring wise playing off Hayward. Takes the pressure of Exum, and lets him develop at his own pace. Hardaway Jr would be able to provide some offense of the bench. If they can sign some front court depth, the Jazz will be making some noise out West.

Gobert/
Favors/
Hayward/Hood/Ingles
Burks/Hardaway Jr/Millsap
Lawson/Exum

NY in: #7, 12, Booker, Jerrett, Johnson, Cotton, Cooley
NY out: #4, Hardaway Jr, Calderon

Knicks trade down hoping a player they still like is available at 7, pick up a late lotto pick and swap Jose's deal for non-guaranteed contracts.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Re: Knicks Trade Down - With DEN & UTAH 

Post#2 » by LApwnd » Sat May 23, 2015 12:37 am

NY getting to much for 4th and dumping Jose....when I proposed these trading down from 4th with LA projected there the most I asked for was 6th/12th w/o even dumping any contracts. Hardaway doesn't add that much value but I guess if the other teams agree then NYK should take that and run.
josh_nuggets
Junior
And1: 25

Post#3 » by josh_nuggets » Sat May 23, 2015 1:14 am

I don't see why nuggets trade up to draft a PG if we take both Burke and caldron

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
He Filled it Up
Veteran
And1: 1,439

Post#4 » by He Filled it Up » Sat May 23, 2015 1:18 am

josh_nuggets wrote:I don't see why nuggets trade up to draft a PG if we take both Burke and caldron

Because they'd still need a starting PG
Count that baby and a foul!
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#5 » by Dr Aki » Sat May 23, 2015 1:37 am

is NY looking at Hezonja at #7 and whoever WCS/Prozingis/Kaminsky/Turner is left at #12?
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,482

Post#6 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 23, 2015 1:41 am

Does NYK do this? I guess if the plan is FA this year, then sure.. But to me Hardaway is getting seriously underrated here.

He's not a star at all.. But there's probably about 50% that 12 doesn't end up as good as him, not saying he's worth 12 but he's not some random throw in either is he? Mix that in with going from Mudiay to whoever is left of WCS/Winsow/Mario?

And I don't see why NYK is paying to dump Jose while trading Mudiay. I guess the idea is adding Rondo and another star this offseason with 7th+12th being potential pieces around the potential big three?

I think Hardaway should go to Den and Burke to NYK if it's being kept as is. Utah fans could probably accept 12th+Burke for Lawson. NYK fans should want a PG on their roster. And Denver fans won't like the OP and probably won't like it with Hardaway instead of Burke but at least now it's 2 out of 3 instead of 1 out of three..
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#7 » by FutureKnicksGM » Sat May 23, 2015 2:02 am

josh_nuggets wrote:I don't see why nuggets trade up to draft a PG if we take both Burke and caldron

Its just to make the $$$ work, Burke could be moved instantly.

LApwnd wrote:NY getting to much for 4th and dumping Jose....when I proposed these trading down from 4th with LA projected there the most I asked for was 6th/12th w/o even dumping any contracts. Hardaway doesn't add that much value but I guess if the other teams agree then NYK should take that and run.

Yea it can work if Jose isn't included.

Something like:

NY: #7, #12

UTA: Lawson

DEN:#4, Burke, non-guaranteed contracts from UTAH.

But dropping Jose definitely adds incentive for NY dropping down in the draft. We can just stay at #4. I guess it depends on how much DEN wants #4...

Dr Aki wrote:is NY looking at Hezonja at #7 and whoever WCS/Prozingis/Kaminsky/Turner is left at #12?

I would look at Hezonja/Porzingis at #7, i'm guessing Phil is looking at Winslow/WCS.
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,614

Post#8 » by nomansland » Sat May 23, 2015 3:13 am

ok I'd take that
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,034

Post#9 » by Reign23 » Sat May 23, 2015 9:00 am

a clear no from NYK. Would rather have #4 or lawson +#7
formerly known as knickst4pe
Justys719
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#10 » by Justys719 » Mon May 25, 2015 5:35 pm

I could see the Jazz trade something like 12, Burke, Hood, 2nd rounder, Booker (non guaranteed deal) for 4, Hardaway. Calderon

Return to Trades and Transactions