Bos/Chi/Phi

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Bos/Chi/Phi 

Post#1 » by Sportfan73 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:56 pm

Phi trades- Noel, okc 2016
Phi receives- jimmy butler, Gerald Wallace
Chi trades-jimmy, Noah
Chi receives- Noel, nets 2016, okc 2016
Bos trades- nets 2016, Wallace
Bos receives- Noah

Chi gets a young replacement for Noah and the cap space to make a real run at durant as well as two firsts

Bos gets their center and dumps Wallace

Pho clear their front court problem up and get their wing scorer.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,156

Re: Bos/Chi/Phi 

Post#2 » by brackdan70 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:00 am

Cs would not give that up for Noah. he is expiring and a ? after an injury prone season and rapidly falling value. he may bounce back but I think the Cs would rather keep that pick.
Butler would not agree to go to Phily
Sign here
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,643

Post#3 » by Smitty731 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:05 am

Is Butler being traded to Philly as part of a S&T? I can't see him agreeing to go there at all. And the last thing Chicago needs is another big man, when they are already weak on the wing.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,693

Post#4 » by the_process » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:38 am

I don't see why Butler would care where he's playing as long as he's getting paid his max. He hasn't said anything to the contrary that I've heard. I'm just not sure Hinkie is going to start throwing around max contracts when he has an unstable nucleus to build around. Then again, he could consider Butler the nucleus.

With that being said, this is very bad directionally for CHI, they don't need bigs. Can CHI trade Butler's rights since he is an RFA? That way the team that acquires him can give him his full max? Probably not, but worth asking.

I would counter propose...

Embiid to BOS
Bradley, Gallinari, and '17 MIN 2nd via BOS to CHI
BKN '16 1st via BOS, DAL '16 1st via BOS, rights to Chu Chu via PHI (filler to make trade legal) to DEN
Butler S&T, Wallace, and '17 BOS 2nd to PHI
DK-All Day
General Manager
And1: 8,330

Post#5 » by DK-All Day » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:03 am

oyoyer wrote:I don't see why Butler would care where he's playing as long as he's getting paid his max. He hasn't said anything to the contrary that I've heard. I'm just not sure Hinkie is going to start throwing around max contracts when he has an unstable nucleus to build around. Then again, he could consider Butler the nucleus.

With that being said, this is very bad directionally for CHI, they don't need bigs. Can CHI trade Butler's rights since he is an RFA? That way the team that acquires him can give him his full max? Probably not, but worth asking.

Embiid to BOS
BKN '16 1st via BOS, DAL '16 1st via BOS, rights to Chu Chu via PHI (filler to make trade legal) to DEN

Why would anyone trade for Embiid? If he's being traded, something is terribly wrong with his foot. If healthy, he is the (projected) best out of the Big Trio.
Handsome.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,487

Post#6 » by Patsfan1081 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:36 am

If Noah wasn't a one year rental it might be worth the gamble with his age and recent injuries. I still wouldn't move Noel for Butler strait up if I was Philly. Philly should have made more of a play for Winslow or Johnson during the draft.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#7 » by ChettheJet » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:43 pm

Smitty731 wrote:Is Butler being traded to Philly as part of a S&T? I can't see him agreeing to go there at all. And the last thing Chicago needs is another big man, when they are already weak on the wing.

You're right on Butler, the money for him is about the same anywhere he goes but he's not going to go to a rebuilding team, he's more about winning than the 76ers organization has shown.

It's easier to find wing players so I don't disagree with stockpiling bigs. For Chi Phil what I'd suggest is the Bulls trading that conditional Sacramento pick for Joel Embiid. Phil really doesn't need him after the draft and it's a gamble if he is ever going to play, that Sac pick is the same gamble with all the conditions it could amount to nothing if it stretches out too long.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,069

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:21 pm

oyoyer wrote:I don't see why Butler would care where he's playing as long as he's getting paid his max. He hasn't said anything to the contrary that I've heard. I'm just not sure Hinkie is going to start throwing around max contracts when he has an unstable nucleus to build around. Then again, he could consider Butler the nucleus.

Embiid to BOS

Because Butler can get a max from any team in the league with cap space and, all other things being equal, players prefer winning to losing.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#9 » by Cliff Levingston » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:28 pm

oyoyer wrote:I would counter propose...

Embiid to BOS

That's bad for Chicago. Very bad. We're keeping Butler: no need to worry about that.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,748

Post#10 » by Curmudgeon » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:18 pm

Pau Gasol to Boston (using a trade exception)
Olynyk, Boston's 2016 1st rounder (unprotected) Dallas 2016 first rounder (top 7 protected) to Chicago.

No need to involve other teams.

Boston gets a veteran center
Chicago gets a young 7 footer who can score,two first round picks and saves around 6M.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,521

Post#11 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:23 pm

Philly is not near the stage of Jimmy Butler. And Jimmy Butler is not near the Philly stage.

Return to Trades and Transactions