Post 2015 NBA-Draft Trade Tournament (PM Play-In Round Proposals)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,478

Post#1 » by Karmaloop » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:56 pm

What used to be a staple of this forum has become a bit of a dying breed, but we're back with another edition of the NBA Trade Tourmanet. For those who are not familiar with this, this is a game that allows the fans to take a hypothetical situation and create a trade that fits three criteria: realism, creativity, and effectiveness.

Right now, the tournament is open to EVERYONE and ANYBODY; however a play-in round will occur in which the top 16 proposals will advance into the actual tournament. That means even if you've got one post to your name, or one million posts we want you to play. remember, you're being judged on realism, creativity, and effectiveness.

Realism: Nobody likes impossible scenarios, so do us all a favor and check your pipe dreams at the door. if the deal doesn't work financially in terms of matching salaries, you're automatically going to be disqualified. If there's an odd way of making the deal work financially, be sure to explain in your proposal.

Creativity: Nobody wants to see the 100th iteration of Ty Lawson to Houston, bring something fresh and you get points for coming up with a new idea that hasn't already flooded the T&T board.

Effectiveness: Each scenario has an objective, complete that objective for a chance to advance to the next round. If your objective is to strengthen the Mavs' bench, and you consolidate all of their backups into a starter then you might putout a better product, but it doesn't actually finish the objective.

Remember, you're being judged on all three categories. Failure in one is considered failure in them all but let's have fun.

Finally, I'm looking for three posters to be judges for these proposals. Unfortunately, I need you to be veterans of the T&T forum. If you're interested in judging, please indicate your interest and I'll PM you to discuss it with you. For judges, I'll need a response with 48 hours (24 hours is preferred) of the proposals being posted. If you don't think you can commit to that timeline, please don't apply.

And the final point (yes, this is the real final point), ALL trades should be PMed to me. I will NOT accept any other means of communication unless you clear it with me. If you can't send/receive PMs, quote this part alone and we will discuss it.

And as always, may the odds be ever in your favor. I'll post the play-in scenario here soon. All trades are due by 7/24 at NOON EST. Any trades submitted after that, will NOT be allowed.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Re: Post 2015 NBA-Draft Trade Tournament (PM Play-In Round Proposals) 

Post#2 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:00 pm

I'd help you judge if you want.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#3 » by bondom34 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:01 pm

I'll judge too if you need another.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Karmaloop
General Manager

Post#4 » by Karmaloop » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:07 pm

Play-In Round Scenario

The Toronto Raptors are in a bit of a pickle as their teams is neither a championship contender, nor a team that's poised to win the NBA lottery any time soon. Masai Ujiri has been fired as GM, and your first task on the job is to give the Raptors a real direction. Either make a single trade that pushes the Raptors forward as contenders, or sets them on the course of a rebuild. It's up to you; however remember to keep the three points in mind when making your trades. Assuming DeMarre Carroll and Corey Joseph are off-limits in trade talks because of their FA trade restrictions.

Remember, you have until 7/24 at NOON EST to PM your trades to me. Top 16 will advance.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,166

Post#5 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:24 am

Is this still going on? If so, maybe sticky it for visibility?

Talk about a hard scenario though, especially at this time of the year. I do enjoy a good trade tourny, so I'll try and think of something.
Karmaloop
General Manager

Post#6 » by Karmaloop » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:28 pm

BUMP

Only gotten two trades thus far, but you've still got time to get them in.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#7 » by ChuckDurn » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:17 pm

Karmaloop wrote:Play-In Round Scenario

The Toronto Raptors are in a bit of a pickle as their teams is neither a championship contender, nor a team that's poised to win the NBA lottery any time soon. Masai Ujiri has been fired as GM, and your first task on the job is to give the Raptors a real direction. Either make a single trade that pushes the Raptors forward as contenders, or sets them on the course of a rebuild. It's up to you; however remember to keep the three points in mind when making your trades. Assuming DeMarre Carroll and Corey Joseph are off-limits in trade talks because of their FA trade restrictions.

Remember, you have until 7/24 at NOON EST to PM your trades to me. Top 16 will advance.

Karmaloop, for clarification - one should assume that Carroll and Joseph have signed, correct (i.e. they're on the roster, and other FA/trades have occurred, such as Amir leaving....)?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Karmaloop
General Manager

Post#8 » by Karmaloop » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:45 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:Karmaloop, for clarification - one should assume that Carroll and Joseph have signed, correct (i.e. they're on the roster, and other FA/trades have occurred, such as Amir leaving....)?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

Correct. Any FA transactions that have already happened must be followed in this scenario.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,813

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:04 pm

Sent one in. As the 2-time reigning champion of trade tournaments I feel obliged to defend my crown. :wink:
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Dan Verze
NBA TnT Forum: KOTB Champion
And1: 268

Post#10 » by Dan Verze » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:59 am

Trade sent
Karmaloop
General Manager

Post#11 » by Karmaloop » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:52 pm

Since I only received five entries, I'm going to extend the deadline until Sunday at 11:59 PM EST. Please don't wait until the last minute to send in your trades.
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#12 » by pelifan » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:42 am

Karmaloop wrote:Since I only received five entries, I'm going to extend the deadline until Sunday at 11:59 PM EST. Please don't wait until the last minute to send in your trades.

you got minez?
Karmaloop
General Manager

Post#13 » by Karmaloop » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:13 am

pelifan wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:Since I only received five entries, I'm going to extend the deadline until Sunday at 11:59 PM EST. Please don't wait until the last minute to send in your trades.

you got minez?

Yes
Karmaloop
General Manager

Post#14 » by Karmaloop » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:19 am

I'll post the scenarios sometime tomorrow afternoon. Finally getting my computer up and running again.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,813

Post#15 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:21 pm

Removing the sticky on this. Shockingly karmaloop disappeared again.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#16 » by Hawk Eye » Sat Aug 1, 2015 12:15 am

Chuck Texas wrote:Removing the sticky on this. Shockingly karmaloop disappeared again.

weird? He's usually the most active one in GMAT and never disappears? :roll:

Return to Trades and Transactions