BOSTON - DENVER

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Re: BOSTON - DENVER 

Post#21 » by cl2117 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:32 pm

If I'm the Celtics for me it all comes down to who I'm more likley to resign at the end of the year. They're both equally, in my opinion, risky candidates as far as injuries go (Gallinari has the worse injury with the ACL, but Sullinger has a history of nagging injuries that can add up), so it comes down to who do you think you're more likely to want come summer 2016.

They're both guys who are at a much reduced value because of injury and both guys who have one year remaining on their contract. So since Boston isn't competing this year for a championship, they have to ask themselves who is more likely to be a part of this team for the future.

If they think Gallinari is just going to be a 1 year rental because he's likely to get a nice fat contract in free agency next year and Ainge is iffy about whether or not he would be willing to be the team to give it to him, then I don't do it. Conversely if they think they're done with Sullinger because of the weight issues/injury and don't plan on extending him, then I'd do it.

I don't think it's an overpayment by Boston at all, but I don't think it's worthwhile unless they plan on having Gallinari beyond this year (or would like the option to retain him more easily). Take out the Minnesota first and I'd do it. Leave it in and I' d consider it, but might just stick with Sully.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#22 » by Golabki » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:15 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:I cannot believe this is getting called a big overpay by Boston. It doesn't seem like that at all.

id call it a small overpay
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,863

Post#23 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:43 pm

Underpay or overpay, it's pointless from Boston's perspective unless Ainge plans to pay Gallo beyond this year.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
76ers
Bench Warmer
And1: 773

Post#24 » by 76ers » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:47 pm

Reading this proposal, I see no reason the Nuggets would do this.

Return to Trades and Transactions