Heat/Sixers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Birdie
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,516

Re: Heat/Sixers 

Post#41 » by Birdie » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:44 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:Birdie,

I'm not arguing with you about spending money when it makes sense to. I was in favor of the Thunder matching Kanter for instance. And yeah Cuban should have given Tyson a long-term deal in the summer of 2011. He was plenty young enough to make a long-term deal viable and we knew he fit beautifully alongside Dirk.

I just don't think that Chalmers/Birdman are that essential and thus there is a real argument for moving them if possible. But I won't kill them if they don't. Any time a team is willing to spend in order to increase their chances to win even slightly isn't something I'd heavily criticize. But in terms of value they aren't worth what they cost or close to it.

hahaha, no argument here Chuck, I'm not that stubborn to understand/accept where you're coming from or why you said what you said. No beef here. I totally get it and like I said, I'm neither right nor wrong because I'm not Mickey Arison. I can only speak for myself and pontificate from my throne of virtual billions that mean nothing to me. :lol:

Yea, that's where you and me differ here, while I don't think Rio/Birdman are extremely crucial, I do think they still hold "some" value to hold onto for depth/chemistry purposes. Is that worth 27mil + 9mil in salary, in a vacuum, probably not but then you can make the argument, Luol Deng is 10+mil, if you got rid of him, you save that same exact kind of money. I'd consider moving Deng and signing Dorell Wright to the min, I don't think you lose much there in that scenario.
Come at the king, you best not miss...
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,705

Post#42 » by the_process » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:45 am

Bentley1225 wrote:Given Heat face repeater tax and Sixers are $16 million under salary threshold, ill offer this idea.

To Philly
-Mario Chalmers (1 year, $4.3 million)
-Chris Andersen (1 year, $5 million)
-2018 2nd round pick
-2020 2nd round pick

To Miami
-Hollis Thompson (1 year, $950,000 team option)

Why?
-After Dragic trade to Celtics, this pretty much gets Heat under tax and over repeater tax. They still have depth with minimum contracts to Gerald Green and Stoudamire

Dragic/Johnson
Wade/Green/Thompson
Deng/Winslow/Walker
Bosh/McRoberts/Haslem
Whiteside/Stoudamire

-Sixers get closer to salary threshold while adding 2 2nd round picks for savings Heat acquire.

Chalmers/Jackson/Canaan/
Wroten/Stauskas/Sampson/
Convington/Grant/
Noel/Landry/Aldemir
Okafor/Andersen/Thompson/Embiid

-Sixers get a 3rd PG and a veteran C who can sub in and play minutes now for injured Embiid

Switch Birdman to McBob and switch the 2020 2nd to protection removed from the already owed 2016 MIA 1st... and I think you have a deal that helps both sides tremendously. MIA can go out and sign Ridnour to a vet min deal and be set.
leoshes
Veteran
And1: 5,437

Post#43 » by leoshes » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:26 pm

This is a joke. as a HEAT fan, i dont want anything to do with this. & some of you think we will ad Bob, & JR :crazy: no way.
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,862

Post#44 » by Paz » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:54 am

oyoyer wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:Given Heat face repeater tax and Sixers are $16 million under salary threshold, ill offer this idea.

To Philly
-Mario Chalmers (1 year, $4.3 million)
-Chris Andersen (1 year, $5 million)
-2018 2nd round pick
-2020 2nd round pick

To Miami
-Hollis Thompson (1 year, $950,000 team option)

Why?
-After Dragic trade to Celtics, this pretty much gets Heat under tax and over repeater tax. They still have depth with minimum contracts to Gerald Green and Stoudamire

Dragic/Johnson
Wade/Green/Thompson
Deng/Winslow/Walker
Bosh/McRoberts/Haslem
Whiteside/Stoudamire

-Sixers get closer to salary threshold while adding 2 2nd round picks for savings Heat acquire.

Chalmers/Jackson/Canaan/
Wroten/Stauskas/Sampson/
Convington/Grant/
Noel/Landry/Aldemir
Okafor/Andersen/Thompson/Embiid

-Sixers get a 3rd PG and a veteran C who can sub in and play minutes now for injured Embiid

Switch Birdman to McBob and switch the 2020 2nd to protection removed from the already owed 2016 MIA 1st... and I think you have a deal that helps both sides tremendously. MIA can go out and sign Ridnour to a vet min deal and be set.

I don't see Birdman OR Bob moved TBH. The HEAT need all the big man depth as possible. Can't rely on Amar'e being healthy for long unless he plays only 15-18 mins a game. They also can't have Haslem as their only reserve if someone goes down.

I say the HEAT stand pat.

Dragic/Chalmers/Johnson
Wade/Green/Richardson
Deng/Winslow/Ennis
Bosh/McRoberts/Haslem
Whiteside/Stoudemire/Bird

Looks good to me. Arison isn't leaving me a dime of the money he saves this year so I say spend spend spend.
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#45 » by nba2k16 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:25 am

I think Philly should hold out for a 2022 unprotected 1st round pick. Miami is desperate to get under the tax threshold and the only other team that can do this is Portland.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,705

Post#46 » by the_process » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:09 pm

Wait, do people consider McBob positive value? Because dumping his deal would be the positive value. Birdman has some positive value left, so switching to McBob is a HUGE win for MIA since we can say with some certainty at some point this year Arison is going to cut costs (see 2013: Mike Miller amnesty)

Return to Trades and Transactions