BOS Upgrade TOR-BOS Deal

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

eitanr
General Manager
And1: 299

BOS Upgrade TOR-BOS Deal 

Post#1 » by eitanr » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:13 pm

Toronto Trades: Kyle Lowry, Patrick Patterson
Boston Trades: Isiah Thomas, Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger

Why for Toronto? Raps have plenty of defense now in their front court and need an infusion of a bit of offense. Sully is a nice post presence who can contribute in their half court. Bradley is actually a great defensive presence, but can be a nice compliment alongside DeMar at the wing. Thomas of course is the main crux of the deal here and provides instant offense for Toronto.
PF J. Sullinger/ L. Scola
SF D. DeRozan/ J. Johnson
C J. Valanciunias/ B. Biyambo
SG A. Bradley/ T. Ross/ D. Wright
PG I. Thomas/ CoJo

Why for Boston? Celtics upgrade the 1 slot and get a guy who can help glue the roster together. Lowry is a capable 1b option so Boston would likely need to push other moves to build up their team. Still Kyle is a talent and though he dipped towards the end of last year, has shown enough regular signs to be a very good PG in this L if coached well. The hope is Stevens can rejuvenate Kyle into the top 5-7 PG he once was. Patterson adds toughness at the 4 and brings another spacing big on the roster. The move also allows more time for Smart and Lowry to play together, a combo that could be killer during stretches.
PF D. Lee/ P. Patterson/ J. Jerebko
SF E. Turner/ P. Jones
C A. Johnson/ K. Olynyk/ T. Zeller
SG J. Crowder/ J. Young/ P. Hunter
PG K. Lowry/ M. Smart/ T. Rozier
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,273

Re: BOS Upgrade TOR-BOS Deal 

Post#2 » by mademan » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:18 pm

hell no from T.O
CBA
Bench Warmer
And1: 378

Post#3 » by CBA » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:29 pm

Raptors signed Demarre Carroll. So you basically have them trading their best player for three guys who wouldn't start on the current team, without reason.

Also, their frontcourt is bad defensively.
eitanr
General Manager
And1: 299

Post#4 » by eitanr » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:43 pm

CBA wrote:Raptors signed Demarre Carroll. So you basically have them trading their best player for three guys who wouldn't start on the current team, without reason.

Also, their frontcourt is bad defensively.

Forgot about Dre...I meam DeMare

Move probably makes a lot more sense swapping Patterson for Ross.
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#5 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:45 pm

Love how Carroll just disappears from Toronto's roster here. This is a easy no from Toronto. This just creates problems, I mean DeRozan as a small forward is bad and I just don't see that team as a top 5 seed in The East
mike d
Sophomore
And1: 18

Post#6 » by mike d » Sat Aug 1, 2015 9:42 pm

It would be a bad move for the Celtics. Sullenger lost a lot of weight in the off-season and I feel like right now he could perhaps become a very good player.

Return to Trades and Transactions