A few Ideas for the Cs to Consolidate

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,156

A few Ideas for the Cs to Consolidate 

Post#1 » by brackdan70 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 12:25 am

Jared Sullinger or Kelly Olynyk, and Dallas Pick 2016 for Terrance Jones.

Evan Turner, Avery Bradley and Boston Pick 2016 for Tyreke Evans

actually just 2 ideas. all the rest seem even more foolish :)
Sign here
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,521

Re: A few Ideas for the Cs to Consolidate 

Post#2 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Aug 3, 2015 12:29 am

brackdan70 wrote:Jared Sullinger or Kelly Olynyk, and Dallas Pick 2016 for Terrance Jones.

Mind adding reasons for the other teams?

(Also, I think you are overpaying on both.)
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,523

Post#3 » by HornetJail » Mon Aug 3, 2015 12:32 am

I wouldn't do either of these for Boston, especially not the Tyreke one. The west is stacked and I don't see the Mavs making the playoffs without a serious shakeup. I would probably not even trade the pick straight up for Jones. Also I wouldn't attach a 10-15 pick to Bradley just for Tyreke.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,156

Post#4 » by brackdan70 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 12:36 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:Jared Sullinger or Kelly Olynyk, and Dallas Pick 2016 for Terrance Jones.

Mind adding reasons for the other teams?

(Also, I think you are overpaying on both.)

Yes Overpay to get the deals done.

Houston has Jones and Montejunas. seems like some talk around here of one potentially being available for the right price. They get a PF back for the depth plus a nice asset.

For N.O. I am not sure they really wan't to move Tyreke, but they get a coupe players that could replace his production (to some extent) and a pick. This one probably wouldn't happen unless NO is struggling midseason...

I like both these players as improving the Cs now and going forward.
Sign here
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,643

Post#5 » by Smitty731 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 1:00 am

I wouldn't touch the NO trade. I think Bradley is already at least as good as Evans, if not better. Adding in Turner and a pick just makes it far too much. Turner and the pick alone, maybe.

The first one isn't any kind of upgrade either. Is Jones better than Sullinger or Olynyk? All three have questions.
Splinter
Senior
And1: 349

Post#6 » by Splinter » Mon Aug 3, 2015 1:03 am

I like the idea of the C's consolidating for higher end talent but these examples don't particularly work. I think that Bradley has similar or greater value alone compared to Evans so that deal is dead right away in my eyes
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,042

Post#7 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Aug 3, 2015 2:19 am

actually just 2 ideas. all the rest seem even more foolish ...

Houston has Jones and Montejunas. seems like some talk around here of one potentially being available for the right price. They get a PF back for the depth plus a nice asset.

Well, wouldn't Houston have the same issue, then? I mean, if they're moving Jones or Motie because they're both young PF's, why would they then want Sully or Olynyk? They also have Capela as a young center, too.....
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,748

Post#8 » by Curmudgeon » Mon Aug 3, 2015 8:41 am

Agree that Houston wouldn't do the first deal, but neither would Boston because Terrence Jones isn't a player they need. And Boston would never do the second deal for the reasons others have stated.

Houston might have had interest in Bradley before they traded for Lawson, but I don't see those two teams as good trading partners at this point.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,632

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Aug 3, 2015 1:58 pm

I like Jones quite a bit so while it definitely feels like an overpay since he needs a new contract next year, I kinda get it. And it feels like a very Morey move to flip Jones for a couple more assets without hurting the team's ability to compete now too much. I think its pretty logical. And that Dallas pick is going to be a lotto pick and probably a top 12 one.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
lordjeff05
Veteran
And1: 764

Post#10 » by lordjeff05 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 4:12 pm

The interesting thing is I think Evans and Bradley would play really well together vs. having one traded for the other. Bradley's deal expires this year, right? I don't think he fits with any of the other pieces on the team.
Drax
Analyst
And1: 2,948

Post#11 » by Drax » Mon Aug 3, 2015 4:29 pm

lordjeff05 wrote:The interesting thing is I think Evans and Bradley would play really well together vs. having one traded for the other. Bradley's deal expires this year, right? I don't think he fits with any of the other pieces on the team.

No, including this season its three years $24 million.
Boston Celtics depth chart:

Guards: Holiday, White, Pritchard
Wings: Tatum, Brown, Hauser, Brissett
Bigs: Porzingis, Horford
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,748

Post#12 » by Curmudgeon » Mon Aug 3, 2015 4:45 pm

The idea of consolidating is to trade two players for one guy who is a little better, or one that fills a need. Right now the Celtics' biggest need is at sf, although they could also use a rim protector. Unless one of those needs is satisfied, it probably makes sense for Ainge to wait and see how training camp shakes out.

The problem with Evans is that the Celtics live or die at the defensive end, and Evans doesn't play any. Evans was definitely a player that Ainge liked coming out of college, but I think the interest has cooled.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West

"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
eitanr
General Manager
And1: 299

Post#13 » by eitanr » Mon Aug 3, 2015 5:11 pm

I don't think Boston needs to even touch a pick if they are looking to acquire Terrence Jones, who would be a target I'd look at.

Something like Sully + Young/Hunter for Jones sounds about right.
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
eitanr
General Manager

Post#14 » by eitanr » Mon Aug 3, 2015 5:31 pm

Also below are several talents Boston can likely snag with a 2 or even 3 for 1 type deal. The question is what's the deal:
C - N. Noel,
PF - T. Gibson, K. Faried, T. Jones
SF - S. Muhhamed, MKG, D. McDermott, C. Parsons, K. Middleton/J. Parker/Greek, O. Porter Jr
SG - V. Oladipo
PG - E. Bledsoe
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#15 » by bondom34 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 5:35 pm

eitanr wrote:Also below are several talents Boston can likely snag with a 2 or even 3 for 1 type deal. The question is what's the deal:
C - N. Noel,
SF - S. Muhhamed, MKG, D. McDermott, C. Parsons, K. Middleton/J. Parker/Greek, O. Porter Jr
SG - V. Oladipo
PG - E. Bledsoe

You can eliminate any of the bolded. Zero chance, with maybe a 1 percent chance of Noel if they throw everything at Philly. Like Smart and 3 firsts.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
eitanr
General Manager

Post#16 » by eitanr » Mon Aug 3, 2015 5:38 pm

bondom34 wrote:
eitanr wrote:Also below are several talents Boston can likely snag with a 2 or even 3 for 1 type deal. The question is what's the deal:
C - N. Noel,
SG - V. Oladipo
PG - E. Bledsoe

You can eliminate any of the bolded. Zero chance, with maybe a 1 percent chance of Noel if they throw everything at Philly. Like Smart and 3 firsts.

Probably more realistic. That is true.

I still believe the Bucks will move one of the players mentioned by the deadline if they aren't in the playoff standings by Feb. Likewise with Orlando with 'Dipo and the Suns w/ Bledsoe.

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by bondom34 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 5:40 pm

eitanr wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
C - N. Noel,
SG - V. Oladipo
PG - E. Bledsoe

I still believe the Bucks will move one of the players mentioned by the deadline if they aren't in the playoff standings by Feb. Likewise with Orlando with 'Dipo and the Suns w/ Bledsoe.

There's no reason for any of those teams to do that though, that's the problem. None of them are in a hurry and nothing they get back is as good as what they give up.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
eitanr
General Manager

Post#18 » by eitanr » Mon Aug 3, 2015 5:48 pm

bondom34 wrote:
eitanr wrote:
bondom34 wrote:You can eliminate any of the bolded. Zero chance, with maybe a 1 percent chance of Noel if they throw everything at Philly. Like Smart and 3 firsts.

There's no reason for any of those teams to do that though, that's the problem. None of them are in a hurry and nothing they get back is as good as what they give up.

So for the players in bold we won't know yet, but given some of those teams (namely the Bucks, Magic and Suns) off-season moves, their GMs will want to make the playoffs. If they see the playoffs aren't super realistic by the deadline they will (and should) become sellers rather quickly. Boston has a ton of 2016 picks and any of those teams would be interested in a package that includes said 2016 pick along with other assets to help make 2017 a far better year than 2016. Again, a lot of hypotheticals here.

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by bondom34 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 5:54 pm

eitanr wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
eitanr wrote:

So for the players in bold we won't know yet, but given some of those teams (namely the Bucks, Magic and Suns) off-season moves, their GMs will want to make the playoffs. If they see the playoffs aren't super realistic by the deadline they will (and should) become sellers rather quickly. Boston has a ton of 2016 picks and any of those teams would be interested in a package that includes said 2016 pick along with other assets to help make 2017 a far better year than 2016. Again, a lot of hypotheticals here.

Orlando isn't in a rush. Milwaukee is impoved but isn't selling Giannis, Middleton, or Parker, and Phoenix isn't rushing it either. Even if those teams sell, those aren't the parts they sell. You sell vets on expirings, not high upside young players on long term or rookie deals, it just makes no sense.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,897

Post#20 » by buckboy » Mon Aug 3, 2015 5:54 pm

I think Jones is better than Sullinger or Olynyk, but I don't think by enough to warrant that pick.

The 2nd trade is terrible for Boston. I don't get the Evans love whatsoever.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."

Return to Trades and Transactions