Sixers Heat Mavs Blazers

Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,868

Re: Sixers Heat Mavs Blazers 

Post#21 » by Paz » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:08 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Paz wrote:Ainge couldn't even get Winslow with 6 first round picks and you expect Hinkie to pull off getting him for 2?? HEAT pass on this quickly.

It definitely wasn't 6 1sts...

My b. 4 1st picks and 2 2nd picks. Still better than 2 1st picks in the lower half of the 2016 draft.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,817

Post#22 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:21 pm

Also just want to mention Dallas probably passes on our bit part here. Value is good for us. Anderson is probably worth the extra $1M plus in a vacuum, but we already have Zaza, JaVale and Dalembert along with a couple young bigs we gave gtd money to. With our wing rotation being so light we will be playing 2 PG's quite a bit and all our PG's are are on the wrong side of 30. We could probably get a bit more use out of Felton than Anderson so paying extra money to swap them isn't needed.

No big deal really and the value is fine, but the fit is enough off that with the extra cost I'd imagine we'd say cut us out.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,216

Post#23 » by BBallFreak » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:20 pm

I'm so over this board. You guys are killing me here.
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Post#24 » by NBADraft2003 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:19 pm

Just hiddeous for Miami. If we had to attach Justise to get rid of Bird and Rio(I want them to stick around), then I be glad to have both of them back.
Masterfully
Starter
And1: 1,435

Post#25 » by Masterfully » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:20 pm

How about Heat 1st and Embiid to Miami for Winslow.
leoshes
Veteran
And1: 5,437

Post#26 » by leoshes » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:48 pm

I don't care if Micky has to pay the tax, its not my money. I want to keep Chalmers, cause he is our best backup pg, & i also want to keep Bird cause he is our best defensive center off the bench.

So in this trade not only are we loosing both, but you guys want to steal Winslow as well? GTFOOH :crazy:
Hardcore6erFan
Sixth Man
And1: 680

Post#27 » by Hardcore6erFan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:23 pm

No one in this thread has any concept of trade value. I'm not saying Miami would do the trade but the fact of the matter is it's FAIR VALUE.

If we project the Heat 1st in 2016 to be #17 and the Blazers 1st in 2019 to be #18, well then let's look back at the 2013 draft. The Jazz traded picks #14 and #21 for #9. #17 and #18 for #10 is essentially the same thing.

Not only is #17 and #18 for #10 fair value, but the #17 is the Heat's own 1st, which could be UNPROTECTED in 2017. Dwyane Wade's knee's WILL NOT magically get better, they will likely continue to deteriorate and he will miss more and more games. Bosh had a serious heart issue which has risk to it, Deng is injury prone, McRoberts is injury prone, Stoudemire is injury prone, and Whiteside is a ticking time bomb. It is not farfetched to think the Heat 2017 1st unprotected could be more valuable than Winslow by himself.

Now when you factor in saving 20+ million in cap space/luxury tax savings that's roughly equivalent to another 2 mid to late 1st round picks. From a PURE VALUE PERSPECTIVE this trade is beyond fair for the Heat and anyone suggesting otherwise does not understand how the NBA works.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,539

Post#28 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:52 pm

For what its worth, there are lots of other boards where making outrageous comments for the intentional sake of making outrageous comments fits in. Too often this board fits that, and I'm glad when it doesn't.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#29 » by jbk1234 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:54 pm

Hardcore6erFan wrote:No one in this thread has any concept of trade value. I'm not saying Miami would do the trade but the fact of the matter is it's FAIR VALUE.

If we project the Heat 1st in 2016 to be #17 and the Blazers 1st in 2019 to be #18, well then let's look back at the 2013 draft. The Jazz traded picks #14 and #21 for #9. #17 and #18 for #10 is essentially the same thing.

Not only is #17 and #18 for #10 fair value, but the #17 is the Heat's own 1st, which could be UNPROTECTED in 2017. Dwyane Wade's knee's WILL NOT magically get better, they will likely continue to deteriorate and he will miss more and more games. Bosh had a serious heart issue which has risk to it, Deng is injury prone, McRoberts is injury prone, Stoudemire is injury prone, and Whiteside is a ticking time bomb. It is not farfetched to think the Heat 2017 1st unprotected could be more valuable than Winslow by himself.

Now when you factor in saving 20+ million in cap space/luxury tax savings that's roughly equivalent to another 2 mid to late 1st round picks. From a PURE VALUE PERSPECTIVE this trade is beyond fair for the Heat and anyone suggesting otherwise does not understand how the NBA works.

Fair trade value is the highest offer a team could get for a player. Given what Boston offered for that pick, I don't think what you are offering is remotely fair. Two future non-lottery picks don't equate to a player taken in the top-10 from this summer's draft unless there has been a serious injury or red flag since the draft.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,539

Post#30 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:00 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Hardcore6erFan wrote:No one in this thread has any concept of trade value. I'm not saying Miami would do the trade but the fact of the matter is it's FAIR VALUE.

Fair trade value is the highest offer a team could get for a player. Given what Boston offered for that pick, I don't think what you are offering is remotely fair. Two future non-lottery picks don't equate to a player taken in the top-10 from this summer's draft unless there has been a serious injury or red flag since the draft.

I gave this the and one, but I also just want to say exactly so. You have a clear known second offer that is betetr, how can you call the worse offer 'fair value'?

This feels like the old adage about the difference between wanting and deserving...

That package is enough to want Winslow. It isn't enough to deserve him at all.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,216

Post#31 » by BBallFreak » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:17 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:For what its worth, there are lots of other boards where making outrageous comments for the intentional sake of making outrageous comments fits in. Too often this board fits that, and I'm glad when it doesn't.

It wasn't for the sake of making an outrageous comment. I rather clearly was expressing my distaste for this trade by attempting to show the OP what the value related to in terms he might better understand - his team. A trade this bad doesn't deserve a gentle letdown. It deserves to be blasted. I will not apologize for doing so.

You want to warn me or ban me, be my guest but I'm not changing my posting style...
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#32 » by nba2k16 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:38 am

Why do the Mavs trade a useless scrub in Felton but get back a useful rotation piece in Birdman? Unfair to them
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#33 » by Foshan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:05 am

For every action there is an incredibly exaggerated reaction.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#34 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:08 am

BBallFreak wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:For what its worth, there are lots of other boards where making outrageous comments for the intentional sake of making outrageous comments fits in. Too often this board fits that, and I'm glad when it doesn't.

It wasn't for the sake of making an outrageous comment. I rather clearly was expressing my distaste for this trade by attempting to show the OP what the value related to in terms he might better understand - his team. A trade this bad doesn't deserve a gentle letdown. It deserves to be blasted. I will not apologize for doing so.

You want to warn me or ban me, be my guest but I'm not changing my posting style...

For being a retired mod you're really not much of a team player. I find it a little surprising.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Hardcore6erFan
Sixth Man
And1: 680

Post#35 » by Hardcore6erFan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:03 am

nba2k16 wrote:Why do the Mavs trade a useless scrub in Felton but get back a useful rotation piece in Birdman? Unfair to them

Sending Birdman to the Mavs for Felton saves the Sixers 1.05 million in salary.
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#36 » by nba2k16 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:04 am

Hardcore6erFan wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:Why do the Mavs trade a useless scrub in Felton but get back a useful rotation piece in Birdman? Unfair to them

Sending Birdman to the Mavs for Felton saves the Sixers 1.05 million in salary.

$1M is not worth the upgrade. Also, Sixers are below the cap floor so saving money doesn't mean anything for them cause the difference is paid to the players anyway
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,817

Post#37 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:06 am

yeah this trade should have been locked long ago. The original idea missed the mark, but the responses really made this thread embarrassing.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#38 » by bondom34 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:02 am

BBallFreak wrote:

Just because I wasn't around earlier, I want to reiterate, this isn't acceptable. Yes, this trade was bad (as I even said in the 2nd post), but the replies have largely been unacceptable. Be respectful or don't reply please.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO

Return to Trades and Transactions