Sixers Heat Mavs Blazers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Hardcore6erFan
Sixth Man
And1: 680

Sixers Heat Mavs Blazers 

Post#1 » by Hardcore6erFan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:16 am

Sixers out: Stauskus, Heat 1st 1-10 protected 2016 and unprotected 2017
Sixers in: Winslow, Chalmers, Felton

Sixers use salary space to get Winslow.

Heat out: Winslow, Birdman, Chalmers
Heat in: Heat 1st 1-10 protected 2016 and unprotected 2017, Blazers 1st 1-14 protected 2019 through 2021 and turns into 2021 and 2022 2nd

Heat cut 11.8 million in salary and save a lot more in luxury tax savings. Getting two 1st round picks projected to be in the mid 1st makes losing Winslow more swallowable.

Mavs out: Felton
Mavs in: Birdman

Birdman is a better bench big than Felton is a bench guard.

Blazers out: Blazers 1st 1-14 protected 2019 through 2021 and turns into 2021 and 2022 2nd
Blazers in: Stauskus

Blazers seem to be rebuilding and looking to collect young talent and Stauskus is young talent.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Re: Sixers Heat Mavs Blazers 

Post#2 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:42 am

No thanks from the Blazers. Stauskas did not impress and I doubt the Blazers would want another pick obligation hanging over their heads for a player of his caliber
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Post#3 » by damecurry » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:46 am

We've got McCollum to fill that role, he and lillard are both great shooters, stretch guys in vonleh and leonard, don't really need a shooting prospect who hasn't shot it well at this level yet. I think this is stauskas' value, and if I were someone like orlando or charlotte who clearly needs shooting badly I'd probably take the risk. But yeah for our team I'd rather have the pick even if the protection makes it a mediocre one.
tester551
Analyst
And1: 815

Post#4 » by tester551 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:24 am

Portland says no, as the other posters said above.

Miami also says no. I think they are very happy to find out what they have in Winslow.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#5 » by bondom34 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:45 am

Zero chance Miami considers this, they just landed a steal in the draft and their pick is likely later half of the first, as is the Blazers pick. So its mostly Winslow to save money.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,538

Post#6 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:47 am

bondom34 wrote:Zero chance Miami considers this, they just landed a steal in the draft and their pick is likely later half of the first, as is the Blazers pick. So its mostly Winslow to save money.

So much this.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,201

Post#7 » by BBallFreak » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:36 am

I missed something right? Jahlil Okafor or Nerlens Noel coming to Miami? Since we do trade Winslow we should be getting something worthwhile, right? This is just awful without being compensated for Winslow.

You're not stealing or steal. Just awful for Miami!
HartfordWhalers

Post#8 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:02 pm

BBallFreak wrote:I missed something right? Jahlil Okafor or Nerlens Noel coming to Miami? Since we do trade Winslow we should be getting something worthwhile, right? This is just awful without being compensated for Winslow.

Thats even further away from fair than the OP...
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,087

Post#9 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:12 pm

OP is not good for Miami. What if they got their pick back and got Covington and OKC pick?
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#10 » by Golabki » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:14 pm

tester551 wrote:Portland says no, as the other posters said above.

Miami also says no. I think they are very happy to find out what they have in Winslow.

Given that we know the Celtics were offering like 3 times this value for Winslow... I don't see the Heat being interested.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by BBallFreak » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:15 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:I missed something right? Jahlil Okafor or Nerlens Noel coming to Miami? Since we do trade Winslow we should be getting something worthwhile, right? This is just awful without being compensated for Winslow.

I wasn't expecting anyone to like it. It was, in fact, an intentionally heinous trade to illustrate my point. Kinda thought that didn't need explaining.
HartfordWhalers

Post#12 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:38 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

I wasn't expecting anyone to like it. It was, in fact, an intentionally heinous trade to illustrate my point. Kinda thought that didn't need explaining.

I don't really see what intentionally heinous trades do to add to the discussion. They just up the rhetoric and inflame people, instead of actually trying to discuss what might be fair (or why no such basis might exist). They are one of the 'practices' on here that are being discouraged for those reasons.
Hardcore6erFan
Sixth Man
And1: 680

Post#13 » by Hardcore6erFan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:19 pm

From a pure value perspective getting 2 1sts projected to be in the 15-20 range and 20+ million in cap space/luxury tax savings for the 10th pick is a HUGE win. I understand Winslow probably should have gone 8th at worst and was a steal at 10. The value is spot on I don't care what anyone says. With Wade's knees that Heat 1st could easily be in protection range this year and top 7 next year.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by BBallFreak » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:16 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

I don't really see what intentionally heinous trades do to add to the discussion. They just up the rhetoric and inflame people, instead of actually trying to discuss what might be fair (or why no such basis might exist). They are one of the 'practices' on here that are being discouraged for those reasons.

Really? You don't see how attempting to draw an equally unfair analogy might help illustrate a point?
HartfordWhalers

Post#15 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:18 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:I wasn't expecting anyone to like it. It was, in fact, an intentionally heinous trade to illustrate my point. Kinda thought that didn't need explaining.

Really? You don't see how attempting to draw an equally unfair analogy might help illustrate a point?

I don't. Everyone had already said it was unfair, you weren't exactly discovering fire for the first time.

So, instead of proposing something intentionally preposterous -- which adds nothing to the forum in the best case -- why not try and show what is fair?
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,808

Post#16 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:34 pm

yeah I co-sign with prejudice the idea that absurd counter proposals add no value to any discussion and just bring down the overall quality of discussion. There are much better ways to make one's point.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
DocRI
Starter
And1: 762

Post#17 » by DocRI » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:36 pm

Hardcore6erFan wrote:From a pure value perspective getting 2 1sts projected to be in the 15-20 range and 20+ million in cap space/luxury tax savings for the 10th pick is INCONSEQUENTIAL TO THE MIAMI HEAT FRANCHISE AT THIS TIME. I understand Winslow probably should have gone 8th at worst and was a steal at 10. The value is spot on I don't care what anyone says. With Wade's knees that Heat 1st could easily be in protection range this year and top 7 next year.

^ Fixed for you. :wink:

But seriously, when is $20M not worth $20M? Exactly in situations like this. The Heat are clearly pushing all-in to try to win another title with Wade, so they're actually looking to SPEND money, not save it. Giving up any players who could help get them back to the mountain top for financial reasons is 180-degrees opposite of their current agenda. You can defend or insist upon our valuation all you want, but I'm sorry to tell you, your motivation for MIA doing this trade is back-ass-wards and just plain wrong; Arison will gladly cut whatever checks he needs to if the final result is another championship parade down South Beach.
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,867

Post#18 » by Paz » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:58 pm

Ainge couldn't even get Winslow with 6 first round picks and you expect Hinkie to pull off getting him for 2?? HEAT pass on this quickly.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,166

Post#19 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:58 pm

Abstract trade value actually doesn't look like the biggest issue in this trade. Sixers absolutely kill because it fits their MO and direction, but the fit is very poor for the other teams.

Makes no sense for Miami to trade both win-now and win-later pieces - in fact, to use a win-later piece to dump win-now pieces. Birdman/Chalmers is a lot of salary, and I think fans may overrate Winslow a little bit, but even so at two picks Miami is losing a lot of value from what Boston reportedly offered. Portland is not going to tie up a future pick while starting a rebuild, that is about the worst thing a rebuilding franchise can do, and at that for an exceedingly mediocre prospect that doesn't fit with anyone else in our back-court.

If Miami was looking to move Winslow with a bunch of salary, Portland would try and get in on this deal instead of Philly. In fact, with Philly and the Blazers both able to take on cap, I would be surprised to see them in a trade together. More likely teams use them to bid against each other, than try to get them on the same page in a 3 team trade.
HartfordWhalers

Post#20 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:58 pm

Paz wrote:Ainge couldn't even get Winslow with 6 first round picks and you expect Hinkie to pull off getting him for 2?? HEAT pass on this quickly.

It definitely wasn't 6 1sts...

Return to Trades and Transactions