Trade Value: Kemba Walker

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Trade Value

Early Lottery Pick
No votes
Late Lottery Pick
38%
Top 20
13%
Top 30
25%
Early 2nd
13%
Late 2nd
13%

Total votes: 16

Thabo Sefolosha
Thunder Forum The Opening Tip
And1: 6,543

Trade Value: Kemba Walker 

Post#1 » by Thabo Sefolosha » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:51 pm

What would you trade for Walker? Would you trade for him for the right price? How high of a draft pick would you go for him?

BubbleBuddy
Sophomore
And1: 98

Re: Trade Value: Kemba Walker 

Post#2 » by BubbleBuddy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:27 pm

Late lotto with maybe a role player attached. Average-Below ave starter with potential to be better
UNLEASH THE BOBAN

71% of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Kawhi Leonard.
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#3 » by nba2k16 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:31 pm

Late 2nd. Puts up numbers but has a net negative value because of his chucking and lack of spacing. Charlotte with a pass first PG would be so much better. If anything that's a steal for Charlotte since a late 2nd still has minimal positive value, which is better than Kemba's negative value.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,535

Post#4 » by HornetJail » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:32 pm

As of right now, I don't expect his league-wide value is all that high. Coming off a bad season and playing with a roster that was practically tailor-made to make his work more difficult, I doubt we could get a top 10 pick for him right now. That team we fielded last year would have been rough on any point guard without an elite three-ball.

He's not on the market. No point in selling low.

His contract is very reasonable too. Reggie Jackson got paid way more for half a season of good basketball after years of being a me-first chucker, so $12 million (for four more years) for Kemba who has shown flashes of great scoring ability given the spacing, and an all-around skillset for a point guard is a steal this time next year.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
RealityIsDemar
Rookie
And1: 1,164

Post#5 » by RealityIsDemar » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:39 pm

Wasn't there a thread about this like 2 weeks ago?

I think Walker is more valuable to the Hornets right now then anyone else, his contract is good and he fits them well. He needs to redeem himself, right now I'd say a late 1st around 20-30. If he can play to his strengths/skillset/potential probably a lotto pick 10-15.
Shoutout to Bruno Skull for the sig
RealityIsDemar
Rookie

Post#6 » by RealityIsDemar » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:40 pm

nba2k16 wrote:Late 2nd. Puts up numbers but has a net negative value because of his chucking and lack of spacing. Charlotte with a pass first PG would be so much better. If anything that's a steal for Charlotte since a late 2nd still has minimal positive value, which is better than Kemba's negative value.

I'm sorry, but if you're saying Kemba's value is a net negative because he can't space the floor you put way too much value on spacing. :crazy:
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#7 » by nba2k16 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:47 pm

RealityIsDemar wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:Late 2nd. Puts up numbers but has a net negative value because of his chucking and lack of spacing. Charlotte with a pass first PG would be so much better. If anything that's a steal for Charlotte since a late 2nd still has minimal positive value, which is better than Kemba's negative value.

I'm sorry, but if you're saying Kemba's value is a net negative because he can't space the floor you put way too much value on spacing. :crazy:

Dude it's not just spacing. Lots of guys can't space. But in lieu of spacing he chucks. Chucks all day er day and THAT provides negative value for them. He is also not known for his defense. If he's wasting offensive possessions and nothing special on defense, what value does he add? Negative value.
RealityIsDemar
Rookie

Post#8 » by RealityIsDemar » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:50 pm

nba2k16 wrote:
RealityIsDemar wrote:

Dude it's not just spacing. Lots of guys can't space. But in lieu of spacing he chucks. Chucks all day er day and THAT provides negative value for them. He is also not known for his defense. If he's wasting offensive possessions and nothing special on defense, what value does he add? Negative value.

He only takes 15.2 FGA / Game, he doesn't chuck up everything like you seem to say. Anyone who can average 17, nearly 18 PPG is not negative value in my books.
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#9 » by nba2k16 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:51 pm

RealityIsDemar wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
RealityIsDemar wrote:I'm sorry, but if you're saying Kemba's value is a net negative because he can't space the floor you put way too much value on spacing. :crazy:

He only takes 15.2 FGA / Game, he doesn't chuck up everything like you seem to say. Anyone who can average 17, nearly 18 PPG is not negative value in my books.

Jamal Crawford can score that much and I'd say he has negative value

I am not sure if you share this opinion but it seems every person I've talked to who likes the Raptors thought Lou will had negative value and were happy that he was gone to lalaland

Return to Trades and Transactions