Bos/no

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Re: Bos/no 

Post#21 » by azwfan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:00 pm

nba2k16 wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
But ultimately he is undersized, likes to handle the ball too much, takes away shots from others and has no lick of defense. Efficiency is nice but you have to consider all those factors and their affect on a team, not just look at him in an offensive shot-taking vacuum

That's why he's so much more valuable coming off the bench. He's a sparkplug and makes the Celtics' second unit one of the best in the league.

Yeah but ultimately he can never start. His potential is scoring bench guard. He can't play defense so that is as far as he will go unfortunately

Bench guys are a dime a dozen, so he is not as valuable in a trade as it seems just by looking at his PPG

I have pretty much the same thoughts on Thomas, but i value him higher than you (it appears) since i wouldn't consider him to be a dime-a-dozen player.
Yes, he does not have starting potential.
Yes, he handles too much.
But man, when you are struggling to score, its nice to have another scorer to throw in the game and either get the team going or keep you in the game. He's perfect for 7th man on a playoff team. I don't think he plays enough defense to want him to be out there for too many minutes, but he's perfect when your offense is stagnant you just need some baskets to stay in the game and get a rhythm going 20 mpg sounds about right. I'd say he's worth about what the Celtics paid, a late 1st rd pick, maybe more. Frankly if all late 1st rd picks turned out to be as good as him, i think any GM would be happy with that.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#22 » by nba2k16 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:32 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:
That's why he's so much more valuable coming off the bench. He's a sparkplug and makes the Celtics' second unit one of the best in the league.

Yeah but ultimately he can never start. His potential is scoring bench guard. He can't play defense so that is as far as he will go unfortunately

Bench guys are a dime a dozen, so he is not as valuable in a trade as it seems just by looking at his PPG

Any thread involving the Celtics turns into you just taking shots at the players, what's the point when you are totally biased against them? You had the same arguement in another thread where you compared him with a bunch of terribly inefficient players. Why are you comparing a 36 year old who shot at a terrible % last year to a 26 year old who is a very efficient shooter? Also, how is someone who is efficient on offense taking shots away from someone? If he is the most efficient scorer on the team you want the ball in his hands. Next time when you slam Boston players give some evidence why IT is similar value to Crawford rather than your just biased opinion.

I don't why you are taking this personally... I just don't think IT is as valued as everyone thinks. Crawford was once efficient like IT but in the end they don't end up being integral parts to teams that win. The stats show it, the points show it, but the eye test shows that you're better off with a true all around PG with decent size
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#23 » by nba2k16 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:33 am

azwfan wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:

I have pretty much the same thoughts on Thomas, but i value him higher than you (it appears) since i wouldn't consider him to be a dime-a-dozen player.
Yes, he does not have starting potential.
Yes, he handles too much.
But man, when you are struggling to score, its nice to have another scorer to throw in the game and either get the team going or keep you in the game. He's perfect for 7th man on a playoff team. I don't think he plays enough defense to want him to be out there for too many minutes, but he's perfect when your offense is stagnant you just need some baskets to stay in the game and get a rhythm going 20 mpg sounds about right. I'd say he's worth about what the Celtics paid, a late 1st rd pick, maybe more. Frankly if all late 1st rd picks turned out to be as good as him, i think any GM would be happy with that.

Yeah ok fair enough, I think nice offensive spark 7th man on a good team is the way I'd describe him too. Ideally a good 3&D shooting guard plays beside him off the bench or even a guy like Livingston and then he looks even better

Return to Trades and Transactions