Rolling Trade Challenge: On This Episode of Hoarders... Consolidate assets

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#1 » by Sportfan73 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:16 pm

So this one is obviously purely hypothetical but it will let people get very creative.

Use all of the assets Hinkie has compiled and aquire two high level players. I don't want to say superstars because acquiring two of those seems farfetched. So let's say one superstar Harden type trade and another all star type player.

To much hoarding by Hinkie it's time to let go!
EDIT: list of assets for people who don't want to go look them up
Noel
Okafor
Saric
Stauskas
Covington
Grant
Wroten
Embiid
Hollis Thompson
Wallace- 10 mil expiring for filler if needed
Philly 2016 first with right to swap with Sacramento
LA 2016 first (top 3 protected)
MIA 2016 first (top 10 protected)
OKC 2016 first (top 15 protected)
Philly 2017 first with right to swap with Sacramento
Sacramento 2018 first
Philly 2018 first
RealityIsDemar
Rookie
And1: 1,164

Re: Rolling Trade Challenge: On This Episode of Hoarders... Consolidate assets 

Post#2 » by RealityIsDemar » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:35 pm

Took a different angle, deleted this post new entry on pg 2.
Shoutout to Bruno Skull for the sig
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#3 » by Trader_Joe » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:06 pm

How much cap space does Philly have?
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,078

Post#4 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:10 pm

I'll do you one better

NY trades
--------------------
Melo

NY gets
---------------------
Gerald Wallace
Joel Embiid
Miami 1st
OKC 1st

Why for NY: NY cashes in Melo to start the rebuild. Embiid is a huge risk, but huge potential upside. NY needs some huge potential upside. The 2 additional 1st rounders give NY some youth pieces to build on.

Sacramento trades
--------------------
Demarcus Cousins

Sacramento gets
------------------------
Joel Okafor
Tony Wroten
Fukan Aldemar
Lakers 1st
Sacramento 1st

Why for Sacramento: Sacramento finally gives in on moving Cousins. They get a nice prospect center back in Okafor. Wroten and Aldemar get a tryout and they also add what look to be two top shelf 1st rounders. A very nice haul for a guy half their team is looking to deal.

Dallas trades
--------------------
Deron Williams

Dallas Gets
-------------------
Carl Landry
2018 Philly 1st (top 10 protected 4 years then converts to 2 seconds)

Why for Dallas: Dallas decides to blow things up after all. A future 1st isn't bad and Landry is a decent role player.

Philly trades
---------------------
Gerald Wallace
Joel Embiid
Joel Okafor
Carl Landry
Tony Wroten
Fukan Aldemar
Miami 1st
OKC 1st
Lakers 1st
Sacramento 1st
2018 philly 1st

Philly gets
-------------------
Demarcus Cousins
Carmello Anthony
Deron Williams

Why for Philly: They get their big 3 and get to keep Noel, Saric, and those 2 firsts with swap options with Sacramento.

PG - Deron Williams
SG - Nick Stauskas
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Nerlins Noel
C - Demarcus Cousins

6 - Dario Saric
7 - Hollis Thompson
8 - Covington
9-15 - Other dudes
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
Northern hoops
Senior
And1: 217

Post#5 » by Northern hoops » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:37 pm

Trade 1
Jahlil
Wroten
LA 1st
OKC 1st
Sac picks back

For

DMC
Darren Collison

Trade 2

Noel
Stauskas
Gerald Wallace
Philly 2016 1st

For

Paul George

Trade 3

Philly out: Embiid
In: Gibson

Chi out Gibson
In Kevin Martin

MN in Embiid
Out Kevin Martin

Darren Collison
Paul George
Covington
Taj Gibson
DeMarcus Cousins
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#6 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:37 pm

Trade 1:
Blazers trade Lillard for Okafor + Wroten + Wallace + 2016 Philly Pick Unprotected + OKC 1st Owed + 2018 Philly Pick (limited protection)
Blazers Why: Lillard is moved for a young guard and the chance to rebuild around Okafor, Vonleh, and multiple picks.

Trade 2:
Kings trade Cousins for Noel + Landry + Lakers Pick Owed + All swaps and picks returned + Heat Pick Owed
Kings Why: Cousins is finally moved, Noel still is a win now type player, pair him with WCS-hire a Offensive big man whisper-for a studly front court of the future. Picks asset chest is more than restocked for additional moves for The Kings.

Philly Why: builds around Cousins and Lillard. Hope Embiid can return and pair with Cousins. Saric comes over and plays both SF/PF to form a nice lineup.

C: (Embiid)/Cousins
F: Cousins/Saric
F: Saric/Covington
G: Nik + Whoever they can FA sign with remaining cap space in 16
G: Lillard
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,650

Post#7 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:36 pm

This one is absurdly hard. Superstars just don't get traded and thus nobody ever likes any deal involving them. The most likely superstars to be dealt IRL would be Melo and perhaps Boogie, but Melo is never going to Philly and I think we are all tired of Boogie deals. But there is one other guy I think might be available if we make it a 3-team. So....

Trade 1 (superstar)

Cleveland trades:
Kevin Love
Anderson Varejao

Cleveland recieves:
Carmelo Anthony

New York trades:
Carmelo Anthony
Jose Calderon

New York receives:
Jahlil Okafor
Anderson Varejao
Crash Wallace
2016 OKC 1st(top 15)*
2016 MIA 1st(top 10)*
*Knicks can swap the worse of those picks for 2016 GSW 1st

Philly trades:
Crash Wallace
Jahlil Okafor
2016 OKC 1st
2016 MIA 1st

Philly receives:
Kevin Love
Jose Calderon

Cleveland does this for a variety of reasons--Kevin Love and Lebron never really seem to gel on or off the court and this replaces him with arguably a better player, plus they dump the AV deal saving them some money towards re-signing Thompson. Melo+Thompson is definitely better for them than just Love.

New York does this because this team just isn't good enough with Melo. They get a rookie center who was a top prospect and who fits perfectly next to Porzingis, plus 2 2016 1sts which helps since they don't get their own. They take on a little bad money but dump Calderon so the hit after this year is only a couple million dollars.

Melo(NTC after all) does this because he wants to cement his legacy as something more than a selfish scorer plus he wanted to play with Lebron earlier in his career. He and Lebron can play the forwards together and it works beautifully and while Cleveland isn't the big spotlight, the Cavs certainly are one of the 2 or 3 most high profile teams going atm.

Trade 2 (secondary star)

Philly trades:
Carl Landry
Nick Stauskas
Aldemir
2016 LAL 1st(top 3)

Suns trade:
Eric Bledsoe
Jon Leuer

Why for the Suns? They made moves for LMA in an attempt to pair him with Tyson and really try and win now. That failed and they are kinda in limbo. Bledsoe and Knight don't really seem like a long-term answer in the backcourt and this lets Knight play the PG and they get a very good pick in that Lakers 1st plus they can see if they can get something out of Stauskas. Considering what PG's have actually been going for, Phoenix gets really good value.

Philly is left with this:

Noel/Sims(they re-sign him in this scenario)
Love/Leuer/Holmes
Covington/Grant/
Thompson/Wroten
Bledsoe/Calderon

They still have the rights to Saric to add to their wing rotation, kept all their own picks and the swap rights with the Kings, and the Kings 2108 1st along with all the 2nds. So they cashed in some assets but didn't hamstring themselves by dealing their own picks and they can use those 2nds to add in some decent vets for depth and the superstar and secondary star they add are both young and locked up so they didn't sacrifice a bunch of assets for short-term gai. And if Embiid ever gets healthy they can throw him into the mix and just have a stupid front-court.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#8 » by bondom34 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:23 am

Yeah this is tough, and I don't know who to go with, but figured I'd try something a little different:

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6614374

With Atlanta and Phoenix:

Philly Out: Embiid, Lakers 1st, Okafor,

In: Bledsoe, Horford

Philly gets a young PG and lets Horford play with Noel to keep him from playing C. Starting lineup:

Bledsoe
Thompson
Covington
Horford
Noel

Phoenix out: Bledsoe
In: Embiid, Lakers 1st

Phoenix decides to give the keys to Knight and tries to see if the medical staff of legend can help Embiid.

Atlanta out: Horford
In: Okafor, Wallace, Kings pick in 2019

Atlanta decides to go young instead of resigning Horford and gets a guy who just went lotto and a pretty good looking future pick plus expiring. A Splitter/Okafor duo should still be pretty solid.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
DocRI
Starter
And1: 762

Post#9 » by DocRI » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:47 am

Sportfan73 wrote:Use all of the assets Hinkie has compiled and aquire two high level players. I don't want to say superstars because acquiring two of those seems farfetched. So let's say one superstar Harden type trade and another all star type player.

Chuck Texas wrote:This one is absurdly hard. Superstars just don't get traded and thus nobody ever likes any deal involving them.

First off, Chuck — my initial concept was a deal for Kevin Love too, but you beat me to it!

Second, I wanna "+1" this quote from Chuck's submission. Sportfan, I've actually seen you post before about the Sixers making a "Harden Deal," as you wrote again in the OP. And I'm sorry, but for the record, I just don't buy it. Not that the Sixers don't have the ammo, but trades like that, as Chuck wrote, simply don't happen in today's NBA anymore. The situation in OKC which facilitated the Harden trade — four young superstars all coming off their rookie deals and the team not wanting to pay all of them — was literally unique (i.e. one of a kind). You can hoard all the assets you want to make an offer for a young superstar, but the team currently holding said young superstar needs to play ball, and if no one's "selling," it doesn't matter how much you can offer as the "buyer."

That said, that's the challenge you put in front of us, so here goes —

TRADE #1 (for a superstar) —

PHI OUT: Jahlil Okafor, Gerald Wallace, 2016 PHI 1st (with swap right with SAC), 2016 LAL 1st (top 3 protected), 2018 SAC 1st
PHI IN: Russell Westbrook
WHY: 'Cuz he's Russell Freakin' Westbrook, a true superstar PG and #1 offensive option on any team where he doesn't have to share the court with Kevin Durant.

OKC OUT: Russell Westbrook
OKC IN: Jahlil Okafor, Gerald Wallace, 2016 PHI 1st (with swap right with SAC), 2016 LAL 1st (top 3 protected), 2018 SAC 1st
WHY: This "why" is a whole lot tougher, but since we're "purely hypothetical" (per the OP), let's say OKC's season starts out good, but not nearly great. Maybe RW's not quite 100% himself yet, and maybe OKC still finds themselves looking up at all of GS, SA, LAC, MEM and HOU in the standings. Now let's say that's leading to even more whispers that KD might look to bolt next offseason, and the free agent suitor wolves are starting to circle at the door. And let's also say that Cameron Payne is showing a LOT of promise in limited minutes as a rookie. Sam Presti decides to be ABSURDLY bold and trade RW for Okafor and what project to be THREE lotto picks. Payne / KD / Ibaka / Okafor, with all those high picks to come in the next few years, may just be enough to convince KD to stay; if it's not, the Thunder have an insane head start on their inevitable rebuild.

TRADE #2 (for a supporting star) —

PHI OUT: Carl Landry, Tony Wroten, rights to Dario Saric, 2016 OKC 1st, 2016 MIA 1st
PHI IN: Danilo Gallinari
WHY: 'Cuz Saric kinda / sorta projects to someday be like Gallinari, so since the Sixers are cashing in assets, they spend some capital to bring in the current, known, established version. Plus, this new Sixers team is definitely gonna need some shooters and floor spacers moving forward.

DEN OUT: Danilo Gallinari
DEN IN: Carl Landry, Tony Wroten, rights to Dario Saric, 2016 OKC 1st, 2016 MIA 1st
WHY: With this trade, PHI officially passes "The Tanking Torch" to DEN. Or, if you don't like the word "tanking," the "We're-Focusing-At-Least-Three-Years-Down-the-Road" Torch. Two mid-to-late 1st rounders and the rights to Saric is a terrific return for the Nuggets for Gallinari, especially considering they're also swallowing Landry here as well.

PHI FINAL DEPTH CHART:
PG: Westbrook
SG: Stauskas
SF: Gallinari / Covington
PF: Noel / Gallinari
C: Embiid ('cuz they're absolutely stuck with him) / Noel
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Re: RE: Re: Rolling Trade Challenge: On This Episode of Hoarders... Consolidate assets 

Post#10 » by Sportfan73 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:36 am

DocRI wrote:
Sportfan73 wrote:Use all of the assets Hinkie has compiled and aquire two high level players. I don't want to say superstars because acquiring two of those seems farfetched. So let's say one superstar Harden type trade and another all star type player.

Chuck Texas wrote:This one is absurdly hard. Superstars just don't get traded and thus nobody ever likes any deal involving them.

First off, Chuck — my initial concept was a deal for Kevin Love too, but you beat me to it!

Second, I wanna "+1" this quote from Chuck's submission. Sportfan, I've actually seen you post before about the Sixers making a "Harden Deal," as you wrote again in the OP. And I'm sorry, but for the record, I just don't buy it. Not that the Sixers don't have the ammo, but trades like that, as Chuck wrote, simply don't happen in today's NBA anymore. The situation in OKC which facilitated the Harden trade — four young superstars all coming off their rookie deals and the team not wanting to pay all of them — was literally unique (i.e. one of a kind). You can hoard all the assets you want to make an offer for a young superstar, but the team currently holding said young superstar needs to play ball, and if no one's "selling," it doesn't matter how much you can offer as the "buyer."

PHI OUT: Jahlil Okafor, Gerald Wallace, 2016 PHI 1st (with swap right with SAC), 2016 LAL 1st (top 3 protected), 2018 SAC 1st
WHY: 'Cuz he's Russell Freakin' Westbrook, a true superstar PG and #1 offensive option on any team where he doesn't have to share the court with Kevin Durant.

OKC IN: Jahlil Okafor, Gerald Wallace, 2016 PHI 1st (with swap right with SAC), 2016 LAL 1st (top 3 protected), 2018 SAC 1st
WHY: This "why" is a whole lot tougher, but since we're "purely hypothetical" (per the OP), let's say OKC's season starts out good, but not nearly great. Maybe RW's not quite 100% himself yet, and maybe OKC still finds themselves looking up at all of GS, SA, LAC, MEM and HOU in the standings. Now let's say that's leading to even more whispers that KD might look to bolt next offseason, and the free agent suitor wolves are starting to circle at the door. And let's also say that Cameron Payne is showing a LOT of promise in limited minutes as a rookie. Sam Presti decides to be ABSURDLY bold and trade RW for Okafor and what project to be THREE lotto picks. Payne / KD / Ibaka / Okafor, with all those high picks to come in the next few years, may just be enough to convince KD to stay; if it's not, the Thunder have an insane head start on their inevitable rebuild.

PHI OUT: Carl Landry, Tony Wroten, rights to Dario Saric, 2016 OKC 1st, 2016 MIA 1st
WHY: 'Cuz Saric kinda / sorta projects to someday be like Gallinari, so since the Sixers are cashing in assets, they spend some capital to bring in the current, known, established version. Plus, this new Sixers team is definitely gonna need some shooters and floor spacers moving forward.

DEN IN: Carl Landry, Tony Wroten, rights to Dario Saric, 2016 OKC 1st, 2016 MIA 1st
WHY: With this trade, PHI officially passes "The Tanking Torch" to DEN. Or, if you don't like the word "tanking," the "We're-Focusing-At-Least-Three-Years-Down-the-Road" Torch. Two mid-to-late 1st rounders and the rights to Saric is a terrific return for the Nuggets for Gallinari, especially considering they're also swallowing Landry here as well.

PHI FINAL DEPTH CHART:

I know they don't but I just thought this would let people get really creative and have fun with a lot of moving pieces
DocRI
Starter
And1: 762

Re: RE: Re: Rolling Trade Challenge: On This Episode of Hoarders... Consolidate assets 

Post#11 » by DocRI » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:40 am

Sportfan73 wrote:
Spoiler:
DocRI wrote:

PHI FINAL DEPTH CHART:

I know they don't but I just thought this would let people get really creative and have fun with a lot of moving pieces

Please don't get me wrong — it was fun, just DAMN hard! And judging by the length of some of the submissions (my own included), I think you're getting your wish for creative suggestions!
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,157

Post#12 » by brackdan70 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:00 am

before we go to much further should probably point out that a player may not be traded back to his former team during that season. IE Stauskis and Landry can not be traded to SAC until next July.

Another great challenge by the way
Sign here
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#13 » by rugbyrugger23 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:34 am

brackdan70 wrote:before we go to much further should probably point out that a player may not be traded back to his former team during that season. IE Stauskis and Landry can not be traded to SAC until next July.

Are you sure on that rule? Maybe a stipulation about a team under cap. Reason being is both players don't reflect that in trade machine. And they are usually all over that.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
BubbleBuddy
Sophomore
And1: 98

Post#14 » by BubbleBuddy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:45 am

Lotsa moving pieces going on in this one

NEW YORK

New York In
Deng
Landry
Philly (Top 15 protected) 16 pick / 17(top 5 protected) 1st if 16 not conveyed

New York Out
Melo

Knicks move on from Melo's contract while getting a lesser, but not terrible cog to replace in deng with a pick thrown in.

MIAMI

Miami Out
Goatside
Deng
Anderson

Miami In
Oakafor
Sefolosha
Better of (1-10 Sac swap 16 1st/Philly 16 1st)
Den 2nd

Heat trade a good center that has a major pay-raise coming up for a potential franchise C.

SUNS

Suns In
Stauskas
(top 15 protected) OKC 1st

Suns Out
Tucker

Suns move on from Tucker to obtain pieces to make a new young core

INDIANA

Indiana In
Tucker

Indiana Out
Miles

Indiana trades their 3 point marksman for a sf who is big and mean enough to bang with the bigs and keep Paul George in his preferred position while still providing some floor spacing

ATLANTA

Atlanta Out
Schroder

Atlanta In
Wroten
Covington
Miami 1st (top 10 protected)

:D Won last time so it seems like pretty good value :wink:

PHILLY

In Philly
Melo
C. Anderson
Whiteside
Schroder
CJ Miles

Philly Out
G. Wallace
Landry
Emibid
Oakafor
Wroten
Covington
Stauskas
Philly 1st (Top 15 protected) 16 pick / 17 (top 5 protected) 1st if 16 not conveyed
Better of 16 (1-10 Sac swap 1st/Philly 1st)
Den 2nd
(top 15 protected) OKC 1st

Depth Chart

Whiteside / Anderson / Noel
Noel / Melo / Aldemir / Holmes
Melo / Grant / Thompson
CJ Miles / Thompson / Sampson
Schroder / Canaan / Wilbekin

Face lift their entire roster to bring in a offensive super star to pair with two defensive stalwarts in Goatside and Noel. CJ Miles provides deadly shooting, and Schroder, with both Noel and Whiteside, would destroy in the pick and roll. New look Philly now have both tremendous win now talent with crazy potential. Would be an even greater feat if they could convince Tom Thibodeau become coach and create an intimidating defense.

:sleep: Whew, that was exhausting
UNLEASH THE BOBAN

71% of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Kawhi Leonard.
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#15 » by brackdan70 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:43 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:before we go to much further should probably point out that a player may not be traded back to his former team during that season. IE Stauskis and Landry can not be traded to SAC until next July.

Are you sure on that rule? Maybe a stipulation about a team under cap. Reason being is both players don't reflect that in trade machine. And they are usually all over that.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q100

question 100
"A team cannot reacquire a player they traded away during that season (a season being July 1 - June 30). If he is waived by his new team, then he cannot re-sign with his original team until the one-year anniversary of the trade, or until the July 1 following the end of his contract, whichever comes first. However, if a team trades a player's draft rights, they can reacquire the player during the same season."
Sign here
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#16 » by brackdan70 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:15 pm

Man this is a tough one to keep within the realm of realism. makes you realize that in in reality the Sixers don't have that much.
So here is my slightly unrealistic shot.

Noel, Landry, Wroten and the 2018 Sac to Toronto for Kyle Lowry. Toronto cashes in on Lowry and doesn't feel too bad about it since they signed Joseph already and get a couple nice assets in Noel and the and a first round pick. Val and Noel make a nice young front line to move forward with and they get a decent future pick.

Wallace, Embiid, Covington and Lakers 2016 pick for Melo. NY decides its worth it to get out of Melos contract, take a chance on Embiid and gets a Lotto pick. Covingto can give them something at the wing. Melo for some reason waives his no trade clause because he sees that Hinke is trying to build a contender now. Use cap space to absorb Melo.

Lowry, Jackson
Stauskis, Thompson
Melo
Aldemar / Holmes
Okafor

Add two stars but you still have some holes at PF and SG as well as little depth. Philly keeps their own picks and swap rights with Sac as well as late first rounders (likely) from Miami and OKC.
Sign here
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#17 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:54 pm

One stop shopping with Indy.

George, Ellis, Stuckey, T.Douglas, L.Allen, J.Hill
for
Okafor, Wallace, Embiid, Stauskas, P.Jackson, Landry, Rights to Saric, LAL #1, MIA #1, 4 future #2

PACERS
G.Hill / Young / Jackson
Stuaskas / Miles / GRIII
S.Hill / Budinger / G.Wallace / (Saric)
M.Turner / (Embiid) / Landry
Okafor / Mahinmi / Christmas

If Indy is looking like a low seed, or just not happy with their direction, they shed most of their long term salary and go with a tank/youth movement. It may not be in the Indy way, but perhaps the offer is too good to pass up. Turner may compliment Okafor very well as their future front court, with Embiid a possible addition next year. On the wings they add Stauskas and high end prospect Saric. Even PG has some interesting options with Young and Pierre Jackson. Suddeny Indy is well under the cap after this trade and could be the next team taking on salary for assets.

SIXERS
Stuckey / Douglas / Canaan
Ellis / Wroten / H.Thompson/ Sampson
Covington / J.Grant
George / L.Allen / Aldemir
Noel / J.Hill

Philly decides to become the Pacers of the Atlantic but still have a high end C prospect in Noel, Covington, a slew of second round picks, all their future 1st round picks, the pick swaps with the Kings, the Kings future pick and the OKC pick to make further roster moves. They will also have plenty of cap space yet again next summer.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,643

Post#18 » by Smitty731 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:58 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:How much cap space does Philly have?

Around 9 million right now. Just under 14 million once the season starts and Cap Holds are wiped away.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#19 » by Kings2013 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:07 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:I'll do you one better

NY trades
--------------------
Melo

NY gets
---------------------
Gerald Wallace
Joel Embiid
Miami 1st
OKC 1st

Why for NY: NY cashes in Melo to start the rebuild. Embiid is a huge risk, but huge potential upside. NY needs some huge potential upside. The 2 additional 1st rounders give NY some youth pieces to build on.

Sacramento trades
--------------------
Demarcus Cousins

Sacramento gets
------------------------
Joel Okafor
Tony Wroten
Fukan Aldemar
Lakers 1st
Sacramento 1st

Why for Sacramento: Sacramento finally gives in on moving Cousins. They get a nice prospect center back in Okafor. Wroten and Aldemar get a tryout and they also add what look to be two top shelf 1st rounders. A very nice haul for a guy half their team is looking to deal.

Dallas trades
--------------------
Deron Williams

Dallas Gets
-------------------
Carl Landry
2018 Philly 1st (top 10 protected 4 years then converts to 2 seconds)

Why for Dallas: Dallas decides to blow things up after all. A future 1st isn't bad and Landry is a decent role player.

Philly trades
---------------------
Gerald Wallace
Joel Embiid
Joel Okafor
Carl Landry
Tony Wroten
Fukan Aldemar
Miami 1st
OKC 1st
Lakers 1st
Sacramento 1st
2018 philly 1st

Philly gets
-------------------
Demarcus Cousins
Carmello Anthony
Deron Williams

Why for Philly: They get their big 3 and get to keep Noel, Saric, and those 2 firsts with swap options with Sacramento.

PG - Deron Williams
SG - Nick Stauskas
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Nerlins Noel
C - Demarcus Cousins

6 - Dario Saric
7 - Hollis Thompson
8 - Covington
9-15 - Other dudes

No one is looking to move Cousins. It was refuted by Divac/Ranadive. I blame Wiretap for making it a story, and continuing to put media pressure on the team
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,650

Post#20 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:37 pm

As a reminder, please refrain from making any comments on any of the trades until voting starts.

Thanks

Chuck
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Trades and Transactions