Rockets | Hawks | Jazz

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Rockets | Hawks | Jazz 

Post#1 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:51 pm

Do Rockets have assets to acquire Horford? (without trading core player)

Rockets Trade: Beverley + Motie + Dekker + 2016 Unprotected 1st
Rockets Receive: Horford + Neto or Cotton using TPE
Rockets Why: Horford is a definite upgrade over current PF, risk is he could leave in offseason and is just a rental. But tough for a player to leave a true championship team with fellow superstars, in state of Texas. Trade happens after Lawson proves sober and true starting PG.
C: Howard/Horford/Hayes/Capela
F: Horford/Jones
F: Ariza/Brewer
G: Harden/McDaniels/Terry/Thornton
G: Lawson/Harden/Terry/Neto or Cotton

Hawks Trade: Horford + Scott
Hawks Receive: Motie + Dekker + Booker + 2016 Unprotected 1st from Rockets + GSW&OKC 1sts owed Jazz
Hawks Why: Fear of losing, not re-signing Horford becomes too real and this package gives them vet, vet youth, rookie and picks for Horford.
C: Splitter/Motie
F: Millsap/Motie/Booker
F: Sef/THJ/Dekker
G: Korver/THJ/Bazemore
G: Teague/Schroder

Jazz Trade: Booker + Neto or Cotton + GSW&OKC 1sts Owed
Jazz Receive: Beverley + Scott
Jazz Why: Beverley becomes starting PG for playoff run.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Re: Rockets | Hawks | Jazz 

Post#2 » by AingesBurner » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:54 pm

Too good for the Rockets, Beverly and Scott not worth that many 1sts and Horford worth more than Motie, Dekker, and Booker.
Ingles is cooked.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#3 » by bondom34 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:58 pm

^^^

Pretty much, and don't see why Horford leaves either.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#4 » by AingesBurner » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:10 pm

I think the Jazz would look at a separate trade of something around Burke and Beverly though, that could be interesting for us.
Ingles is cooked.
CBA
Bench Warmer
And1: 378

Post#5 » by CBA » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:55 pm

Rockets don't have their 2016 1st. That's an interesting start towards a Horford trade though.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#6 » by stitches » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:49 pm

I don't think Utah gives up two picks + Booker for Beverley. If it was one of the picks + Trey, they might have a conversation about it. But in general I like Beverley as a fit for us.
PhilDMonkey
Junior
And1: 42

Post#7 » by PhilDMonkey » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:07 am

I'm a fan of Beverley, but he doesn't worth two 1st picks. and Horford doesn't worth four either.
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,882

Post#8 » by LarsV8 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:45 am

Horford is an expiring contract.

He doesn't have this kind of value.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#9 » by Golabki » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:24 am

LarsV8 wrote:Horford is an expiring contract.

Even if you assume he's leaving as a FA... he's EASILY worth that package.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,134

Post#10 » by jbk1234 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:28 am

An unprotected pick from a team like the Rockets just isn't worth that much. T. Jones isn't even included. The Jazz say no as well. This Hawks could do better than this.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,882

Post#11 » by LarsV8 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:29 am

Golabki wrote:
LarsV8 wrote:Horford is an expiring contract.

Even if you assume he's leaving as a FA... he's EASILY worth that package.

Not from the Rockets, he isn't.

Swap Motie for Jones, and take out the pick and it works.

If this happened, it would happen at the deadline, so you are talking 30 or so games of him. It probably takes longer than that to even get acclimimated to the team. Then you risk losing him in free agency or using bird rights to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a player who will be on the wrong side of the 30 for most of the contract. For the Rockets, its much more prudent to try and pursue him in free agency.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,836

Post#12 » by giberish » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:03 am

This isn't close to Horford's value. Even 10 picks in the 25+ range aren't getting him. You need a real central asset in a deal for a Horford-level player (and you'd also need Atlanta to consider trading him at all, but if they did their goal would be a best main asset or two, not volume of filler).
CBA
Bench Warmer
And1: 378

Post#13 » by CBA » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:55 pm

giberish wrote:This isn't close to Horford's value. Even 10 picks in the 25+ range aren't getting him. You need a real central asset in a deal for a Horford-level player (and you'd also need Atlanta to consider trading him at all, but if they did their goal would be a best main asset or two, not volume of filler).

I think Motiejunas is the main piece there while the picks are secondary assets.

Beverley is a very good fit on the Jazz though he might resist being traded there. I could see them giving up two picks that are unlikely to be in the lottery for him like Cleveland did for Mozgov. He could start or come off the bench once Exum returns. Also they could pretty much absorb him into their cap space so Booker isn't required.

I think this is closer...

Atlanta receives: DMo, McDaniels, Dekker, 2018 HOU 1st, 2017 GSW 1st, 2018 OKC 1st, 2016 NYK 2nd

Utah receives: Beverley

Houston receives: Horford

Of course, all of this assumes Atlanta has a very noticeable decline from last year.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,134

Post#14 » by jbk1234 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:20 pm

CBA wrote:
giberish wrote:This isn't close to Horford's value. Even 10 picks in the 25+ range aren't getting him. You need a real central asset in a deal for a Horford-level player (and you'd also need Atlanta to consider trading him at all, but if they did their goal would be a best main asset or two, not volume of filler).

I think Motiejunas is the main piece there while the picks are secondary assets.

Beverley is a very good fit on the Jazz though he might resist being traded there. I could see them giving up two picks that are unlikely to be in the lottery for him like Cleveland did for Mozgov. He could start or come off the bench once Exum returns. Also they could pretty much absorb him into their cap space so Booker isn't required.

I think this is closer...

Atlanta receives: DMo, McDaniels, Dekker, 2018 HOU 1st, 2017 GSW 1st, 2018 OKC 1st, 2016 NYK 2nd

Utah receives: Beverley

Houston receives: Horford

Of course, all of this assumes Atlanta has a very noticeable decline from last year.

There's a big difference between a 7 foot two-way center and a defensive PG who is extremely limited offensively. I'm not even sure that the Jazz would want Beverly. They need someone to run that offense.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,067

Post#15 » by Laimbeer » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:49 pm

We're overrating Horford's impact as a win now piece. The Hawks strike me as a long view organization that would make this move unless it looked like they had a really compelling chance to win it all, which seems doubtful. The package is pretty rich for an expiring Horford.
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 367

Post#16 » by Xman » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:58 pm

While I would like to add Horford - I think the price would be too high.

Korver, on the other hand, I would also like to get and he would be much cheaper. The pirce would just depend on how the team is coming together: some combo of picks available, Dekker, Harrell, TJones, Motie, Beverly, Capela, Brewer
marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,151

Post#17 » by marcush » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:13 am

Hawks wouldn't do this unless Horford tells them he is out and only wants to go to Houston. And I am sure Houston would say no to a similar deal when Howard becomes expiring.

See this all the time, people offer up a number of fringe players and expect to get game changers Horford is a genuine 2 way big who will get a huge deal from the Hawks because they are a smart club.
frank1982
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#18 » by frank1982 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:49 am

Is Atlanta willing to pay Horford $25million a year? Horford is a relly good player but he has never really lead them, career avg of 14 and 9 and only 1 season avg more than 10 reb (10.2) at age 29 now... is that worth $25 million a year? If not maybe they should look to trade him to get the most out of his value... so what is that value now?
The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Post#19 » by The59Sound » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:09 am

frank1982 wrote:Is Atlanta willing to pay Horford $25million a year? Horford is a relly good player but he has never really lead them, career avg of 14 and 9 and only 1 season avg more than 10 reb (10.2) at age 29 now... is that worth $25 million a year? If not maybe they should look to trade him to get the most out of his value... so what is that value now?

If your premise is correct (Horford is in line for a $25 million/year contract), then why would anyone else give good value for him? After all, they'll have to pay him that money next season, too.
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

The Quantifiable Connection: An Interstellar fan site.
http://www.quantifiableconnection.com
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#20 » by K_chile22 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:21 pm

The59Sound wrote:
frank1982 wrote:Is Atlanta willing to pay Horford $25million a year? Horford is a relly good player but he has never really lead them, career avg of 14 and 9 and only 1 season avg more than 10 reb (10.2) at age 29 now... is that worth $25 million a year? If not maybe they should look to trade him to get the most out of his value... so what is that value now?

If your premise is correct (Horford is in line for a $25 million/year contract), then why would anyone else give good value for him? After all, they'll have to pay him that money next season, too.

I think what he's trying to say is, if Atlanta doesn't do as well as last year and appears to still be on the mediocrity treadmill is it worth it for them to spend all that money to stay there? For a team that he puts over the top, like Hou in this example, he is worth it, while for a team with no title hopes it isn't.

Return to Trades and Transactions