Rockets - - Suns

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,111

Re: Rockets - - Suns 

Post#21 » by moocow007 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 9:55 pm

I would not make that trade if I were the Rockets. The Morris brothers are really coming off as cancerous types of personalities with the statements they've been making of late. With the felony charge hanging over their head it's simply not worth disrupting a very good thing in Houston by making this trade.
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#22 » by red96 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 10:04 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
PhilDMonkey wrote:We didn't give up TJ for Lawson, just for we can trade him for Markiff? That doesn't make sense, Ty is a much better player.

But Jones plays the position. I think that was the logic. And Morris on the court was a much better player to my knowledge, tho I didnt fact check that. Just my opinion from watching games. Don't care enough about making other western teams better haha. And I understand Morris' value is falling faster than all hell. Was strictly talking about on the court.
Morris is better at shooting from mid range, but that's all he has on Jones.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#23 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 11:18 pm

red96 wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
PhilDMonkey wrote:We didn't give up TJ for Lawson, just for we can trade him for Markiff? That doesn't make sense, Ty is a much better player.

But Jones plays the position. I think that was the logic. And Morris on the court was a much better player to my knowledge, tho I didnt fact check that. Just my opinion from watching games. Don't care enough about making other western teams better haha. And I understand Morris' value is falling faster than all hell. Was strictly talking about on the court.
Morris is better at shooting from mid range, but that's all he has on Jones.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=joneste01&y1=2015&p2=morrima02&y2=2015&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=#per_minute::none

Yeah show about what you were saying. Terrence Jones is a better rebounder and weak side defender but Morris is far better on the offensive end. Guess it depends on what the team needs more.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,881

Post#24 » by LarsV8 » Wed Sep 2, 2015 3:09 am

Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#25 » by Mr. E » Wed Sep 2, 2015 3:42 am

Wow...

Let the games begin!
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#26 » by mattao313 » Wed Sep 2, 2015 4:43 am

Doesn't Markieff Morris get most of his points in the mid range? Isn't that against the Rockets system? If so it wouldn't make much sense imo to trade for Morris.
Championships
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#27 » by bondom34 » Wed Sep 2, 2015 4:49 am

On reddit some Suns fans thought it was Marcus in the pic.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,413

Post#28 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 2, 2015 3:03 pm

LarsV8 wrote:
Safety Pickle wrote:I wouldn't say he has negative value. He's locked up on a cheap deal for multiple year. I agree that the Rockets wouldn't give up both Jones and Ariza for him, though.

Not denying he is a talented player, but are Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson.

No one is going to trade for him as a player.

He is facing an assault charge and could see extended jail time. Not to mention the numerous other red flags that have popped up over the past year.

But he didn't assault anyone. His brother did. He was just there.

Return to Trades and Transactions