Utah/Atlanta

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Hachmabash
Junior
And1: 216

Re: Utah/Atlanta 

Post#21 » by Hachmabash » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:27 pm

lakerhater wrote:Smaller deal of Mack to Utah for a 2nd round pick makes more sense for both teams.

Absolutely love this for Utah. They get a proven winner on a great deal, and only give up a second round pick.
Mack would finaly have a chance to flourish and show what he can do.

If I´m Atlanta, I hate this. Lose player like Mack for some stupid second round pick?
ConSarnit
Analyst
And1: 3,634

Post#22 » by ConSarnit » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:38 pm

Xsy wrote:
Winglish wrote:
damecurry wrote:lol, yeah let's all respect organizations like brooklyn and new york instead.

Those teams are losers also. At least Brooklyn went all in. Their fans have been to playoff games. That's more than this season ticket holder can say recently.

I love the Jazz, don't get me wrong, but the organization since Larry Miller took over has been one that is risk averse. They build through the draft. They hold on to below average players for years because they think somehow the players are going to turn into something they are not.

The one trade the Jazz made was the Deron Williams deal, aka the gift that keeps on giving. That was the one time when the Jazz took a chance and it paid off in spades.

The Jazz need a point guard. Desperately. This team is ready to win NOW. Dante Exum MIGHT NEVER PAN OUT! I mean, he might, but you have all your eggs in his basket and if he does not work out then you have failed to capitalize on this window of opportunity when every other position is set and ready to win.

I'm really glad you aren't our GM, then, because you sound like you want the Jazz to become the Suns.

My question is: why wait? As is, it's unlikely the Jazz will have a high draft pick next year. They probably pick late lotto. They have no real means of getting a star without said high pick. You have 2 guys who could be a star: Exum and Gobert. One of those (Exum) is a ways off, especially with his injury (and who knows if he'll ever get there). You have what looks to be a great supporting cast (Hayward, Favors, Burks, Hood), a possible star (Gobert) and an unknown (Exum) who could be a star if things go well. A trade for Schroder could push Utah in to the playoffs and holds the fort until Exum is ready. Without a decent point guard you likely pick somewhere around 12-15. Or, you can get playoff experience, pick around 16-19 and keep your core in tact. I know I would choose the latter. I wouldn't suggest any of this if I thought Utah could bottom out and get a top 5 pick, but I think they are too good for that now.
Ball4life32
Veteran
And1: 2,466

Post#23 » by Ball4life32 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:06 pm

ConSarnit wrote:
Xsy wrote:
Winglish wrote:

Those teams are losers also. At least Brooklyn went all in. Their fans have been to playoff games. That's more than this season ticket holder can say recently.

I love the Jazz, don't get me wrong, but the organization since Larry Miller took over has been one that is risk averse. They build through the draft. They hold on to below average players for years because they think somehow the players are going to turn into something they are not.

The one trade the Jazz made was the Deron Williams deal, aka the gift that keeps on giving. That was the one time when the Jazz took a chance and it paid off in spades.

The Jazz need a point guard. Desperately. This team is ready to win NOW. Dante Exum MIGHT NEVER PAN OUT! I mean, he might, but you have all your eggs in his basket and if he does not work out then you have failed to capitalize on this window of opportunity when every other position is set and ready to win.

I'm really glad you aren't our GM, then, because you sound like you want the Jazz to become the Suns.

My question is: why wait? As is, it's unlikely the Jazz will have a high draft pick next year. They probably pick late lotto. They have no real means of getting a star without said high pick. You have 2 guys who could be a star: Exum and Gobert. One of those (Exum) is a ways off, especially with his injury (and who knows if he'll ever get there). You have what looks to be a great supporting cast (Hayward, Favors, Burks, Hood), a possible star (Gobert) and an unknown (Exum) who could be a star if things go well. A trade for Schroder could push Utah in to the playoffs and holds the fort until Exum is ready. Without a decent point guard you likely pick somewhere around 12-15. Or, you can get playoff experience, pick around 16-19 and keep your core in tact. I know I would choose the latter. I wouldn't suggest any of this if I thought Utah could bottom out and get a top 5 pick, but I think they are too good for that now.

I agree with you there. I could see the Jazz making the playoffs as a 7th or 8 seed with a good pg. Its going to take more than what you offered though to get Schroder.
ConSarnit
Analyst
And1: 3,634

Post#24 » by ConSarnit » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:42 pm

Atlhawks09 wrote:
ConSarnit wrote:
Xsy wrote:I'm really glad you aren't our GM, then, because you sound like you want the Jazz to become the Suns.

I agree with you there. I could see the Jazz making the playoffs as a 7th or 8 seed with a good pg. Its going to take more than what you offered though to get Schroder.

What do you think it would take to get him? If the Jazz use their 2016 first it's likely a pick around 15. Schroder has more value than that. 2 firsts seem like a lot to me though.

Trey Lyles and lotto protected 2016 first?
Ball4life32
Veteran
And1: 2,466

Post#25 » by Ball4life32 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:49 pm

ConSarnit wrote:
Atlhawks09 wrote:
ConSarnit wrote:

What do you think it would take to get him? If the Jazz use their 2016 first it's likely a pick around 15. Schroder has more value than that. 2 firsts seem like a lot to me though.

Trey Lyles and lotto protected 2016 first?

Honestly probably nothing the Jazz would want to give up. I'm not big on Lyles and you saw what Bud did with the 15th pick this past draft...also remember per 36 Schroder averaged around 17-18 ppg 7 apg and 3-4 rpg last year. Those are pretty solid numbers for a 21 year old PG and he's going to keep getting better. I value him extremely high and would give up Teague before I gave up Schroder and I love Teague.
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Post#26 » by Winglish » Tue Sep 1, 2015 12:47 am

ConSarnit wrote:
Xsy wrote:
Winglish wrote:

YES! You hit the nail on the head. Even one of the better veteran European point guards would give the Jazz a fighting chance. The Jazz passed on Schroeder to take Trey Burke and they are probably too proud to admit error. Exum still has to prove himself. Now he's out for a year. Why roll over? Why give up? Teague would be a godsend. Send picks, send Jazz dancers, send anyone not named Hayward, Favors, Gobert, Hood.

Return to Trades and Transactions