Jazz+ Kings+ Bulls

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

BubbleBuddy
Sophomore
And1: 98

Jazz+ Kings+ Bulls 

Post#1 » by BubbleBuddy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:03 am

Jazz out:
Trey Burke
B. Cotton
16 2nd Pick
17 2nd Pick

Jazz In:
D. Collison
Q. Acy

Jazz pick up their stop gap pg at a reasonable price

Kings In:
T. Gibson
B. Cotton
Jazz 16 2nd

Kings Out:
D. Collison
D. Stockton

Kings get the perfect defensive player to put next to Cousins, and WCS is not thrown immediately into the fire.

Bulls In:
Trey Burke
D. Stockton
Jazz 17 2nd

Bulls Out:
T. Gibson

Bulls lose some excess big-man depth to get a decent young pg to take over the backup pg role

Trying fill a couple holes in the rosters. Let me know how far off I am~
UNLEASH THE BOBAN

71% of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Kawhi Leonard.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Re: Jazz+ Kings+ Bulls 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:11 am

Just first glance seems a little light for the Kings to me, but I like Collison a lot. Chicago is pretty close but I'm not as sure, I think the Jazz would have to do this if they want to go for a run this year.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 13,989

Post#3 » by Laimbeer » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:46 am

For me Gibson > Collison > Burke and there isn't a lot else going on here.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#4 » by lakerhater » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:47 am

Kings cut the Bulls out and take Burke, Cotton and future 2nds for Collison, Stockton, Acy. Sac gets picks for taking a downgrade at backup PG.

Chicago rarely deals their rotation players so I'm counting them out of this one.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#5 » by KqWIN » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:11 am

I have a feeling that if Collison was available for that cheap the Jazz would already have him. I would be surprised if Trey was considered part of the core and the Jazz have too many second rounders to count. That's a really small asking price for Collison, who would be a longterm piece for the Jazz. Perhaps the Jazz are waiting to see how he and Neto do in camp, but I think SAC is content with keeping Collison unless a very good deal comes along.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,726

Post#6 » by HotelVitale » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:19 am

Gibson is a very good two-way player and Burke was one of the worst, most damaging players in the league last year. Confusing why a team that's trying their best to contend this year would ever consider that.
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,445

Post#7 » by rpa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:04 am

If I'm the Kings I'd rather run with a Cousins/Koufos/WCS (+Gay) rotation at the 4/5 than put all my eggs into the Rondo basket--not to mention that they'd have no backup PG whatsoever.
The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Post#8 » by The59Sound » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:54 am

Honestly, David Stockton's a better get than Burke. Too light for the Bulls and too good for the Jazz.
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

The Quantifiable Connection: An Interstellar fan site.
http://www.quantifiableconnection.com
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,345

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:05 pm

Bulls would simply cut Utah out. Getting quality insurance for Rose makes way more sense than a couple guys no better than Brooks and a 2nd.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#10 » by jbk1234 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:27 pm

I think the Jazz should just cough up a 1st round pick (and a back up PG) for Collison and be done with it. When you're ready to start competing, you make those types of moves. Absent injury, the Jazz with Collison are probably the 8th seed in the West.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
LoyalKing
Veteran
And1: 1,392

Post#11 » by LoyalKing » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:11 pm

I am ok with this deal from SAC's perspective.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#12 » by Kings2013 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:14 pm

rpa wrote:If I'm the Kings I'd rather run with a Cousins/Koufos/WCS (+Gay) rotation at the 4/5 than put all my eggs into the Rondo basket--not to mention that they'd have no backup PG whatsoever.

Yep, we have bigs. If Rondo doesn't pan out we have Seth Curry

Whether or not it makes sense in talent, and I don't think it does personally, it doesn't make sense positionally
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Re: RE: Re: Jazz+ Kings+ Bulls 

Post#13 » by BR0D1E86 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:26 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:Bulls would simply cut Utah out. Getting quality insurance for Rose makes way more sense than a couple guys no better than Brooks and a 2nd.

Yeah, in this deal I'd rather deal directly with Sacramento and get Collison. I don't have much interest in Burke.
The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Post#14 » by The59Sound » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:29 pm

BR0D1E86 wrote:
Chuck Texas wrote:Bulls would simply cut Utah out. Getting quality insurance for Rose makes way more sense than a couple guys no better than Brooks and a 2nd.

Yeah, in this deal I'd rather deal directly with Sacramento and get Collison. I don't have much interest in Burke.

Out of curiosity, if you picked up an improved backup (e.g., Collison), would you trade Hinrich for straight cap?
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

The Quantifiable Connection: An Interstellar fan site.
http://www.quantifiableconnection.com
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#15 » by BR0D1E86 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:06 pm

The59Sound wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:

Out of curiosity, if you picked up an improved backup (e.g., Collison), would you trade Hinrich for straight cap?

In a heartbeat if a trade was available. Most people on our board would trade him for straight cap regardless.

I'm less sure the front office would, they very clearly have a high opinion of him. But he's pretty unpopular on our board.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#16 » by Golabki » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:38 pm

Jazz clearly do this if they are done with Burke... Which seems plausible.

Sac Probably does this unless they are really crazy enough to believe cousins should be playing pf.

I can't Belive the Bulls would trade Gibson for do little.
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#17 » by becorz » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:16 pm

Kings2013 wrote:
rpa wrote:If I'm the Kings I'd rather run with a Cousins/Koufos/WCS (+Gay) rotation at the 4/5 than put all my eggs into the Rondo basket--not to mention that they'd have no backup PG whatsoever.

Yep, we have bigs. If Rondo doesn't pan out we have Seth Curry

Whether or not it makes sense in talent, and I don't think it does personally, it doesn't make sense positionally

Agreed

The team has already said that Gay will get a lot of time at PF. So you have Gay/Cousins/Koufos and one of Acy/WCS all lined up for playing time at the two big positions.

If the Kings trade Collison...then who is the backup PG? Is Curry going to play 20 minutes a night? Is Gay going to play point forward? Not to mention that Rondo is a huge questions mark. The Kings need to keep Collison around. What if Rondo is good and leaves next year? Then that leaves the Kings with who at PG next year? Not to mention, I bet you see a number of lineups with Collison and Rondo together.

Return to Trades and Transactions