BULLS - Rose, Mirotic to KINGS for Gay, Collison, McLemore, WCS

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Re: BULLS - Rose, Mirotic to KINGS for Gay, Collison, McLemore, WCS 

Post#41 » by nba2k16 » Fri Sep 4, 2015 12:39 am

lakerhater wrote:Too bad for Chicago that their FO just won't pull the trigger on deals over the years because their so enamored with their guys. Seems to me this could royally backfire on them if Rose and/or Noah have injury issues again next season.

You Bulls trade posters do realize Chicago almost never trades their rotation players, right?

They are very set in their ways
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#42 » by lakerhater » Fri Sep 4, 2015 12:43 am

Mirotic to Sacramento in the event Noah and Rose get knocked out by injuries and Butler's turf toe gives him problems next season could happen.

It's a worst case scenario for Chi but is at least somewhat plausible. Mirotic to Sac as a win now piece for WCS and sweetener as a Noah replacement could make sense if the injury bugaboo hits the Bulls.

Don't forget the better the Kings do the more likely the Bulls get that first round pick.
RollingWave
Sixth Man
And1: 727

Post#43 » by RollingWave » Fri Sep 4, 2015 1:13 am

Lets just point out that while this trade have some interesting points to consider in theoretical terms, in practice there's no way either team can agree to that.
The river of time wash away all heroes
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#44 » by benchmobbin02 » Fri Sep 4, 2015 4:16 am

lakerhater wrote:Mirotic to Sacramento in the event Noah and Rose get knocked out by injuries and Butler's turf toe gives him problems next season could happen.

It's a worst case scenario for Chi but is at least somewhat plausible. Mirotic to Sac as a win now piece for WCS and sweetener as a Noah replacement could make sense if the injury bugaboo hits the Bulls.

Don't forget the better the Kings do the more likely the Bulls get that first round pick.

Not a bad point and Mirotic for WCS is about even. I know we really want to see what WCS will become but Mirotic would help us more now in a playoff push.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
kurtis48239
General Manager
And1: 1,056

Post#45 » by kurtis48239 » Sat Sep 5, 2015 2:49 am

I find it funny that the poster who made this thread is trying to convince people that rose will bounce back (or at leat close to) his former self.If that was the case and you really believe he will,you wouldnt have suggested this trade in the first place.

No one is going to give up a haul for rose and his contract,it just isnt going to happen.Like others have said as well,your really overvaluing mirotic.
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#46 » by nba2k16 » Sat Sep 5, 2015 4:09 pm

kurtis48239 wrote:I find it funny that the poster who made this thread is trying to convince people that rose will bounce back (or at leat close to) his former self.If that was the case and you really believe he will,you wouldnt have suggested this trade in the first place.

No one is going to give up a haul for rose and his contract,it just isnt going to happen.Like others have said as well,your really overvaluing mirotic.

I am not trying to convince people that he will for sure come back. I'm saying there is a chance

And with this trade, I am saying Chicago would rather not wait and take a chance, and they want to take the safe route and get a package of guys that help them win now but also set them up for the future

The Kings here take a high risk high reward move knowing Rose may not come back and they could mess up the trade completely, OR that he DOES come back to full health and they make one of the biggest steals in recent history

I am not suggesting anything is a guarantee. I am suggesting one team in this trade goes for high risk high reward while the other cuts their losses and tries to get a good package to avoid the uncertainty, whether good or bad
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,201

Post#47 » by BBallFreak » Sat Sep 5, 2015 10:57 pm

nba2k16 wrote:The Kings here take a high risk high reward move knowing Rose may not come back and they could mess up the trade completely, OR that he DOES come back to full health and they make one of the biggest steals in recent history

And that's all well and good, if he becomes an MVP candidate again. Problem is, you're asking the Kings to pay for him like he most assuredly will. His value is far lower than that, now. Even if you take out Mirotic and WCS (and I have no clue why anyone would think their value was equal when Mirotic is far older, and WCS is a current lotto pick) you don't get Rudy Gay, Ben McLemore, and Darren Collison for a banged up, inefficient Derrick Rose.

On top of that, you ignore the fact that they're already hoping a once great point guard will regain his form, and they already have him under contract. Rajon Rondo!
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#48 » by lakerhater » Sat Sep 5, 2015 11:14 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:The Kings here take a high risk high reward move knowing Rose may not come back and they could mess up the trade completely, OR that he DOES come back to full health and they make one of the biggest steals in recent history

And that's all well and good, if he becomes an MVP candidate again. Problem is, you're asking the Kings to pay for him like he most assuredly will. His value is far lower than that, now. Even if you take out Mirotic and WCS (and I have no clue why anyone would think their value was equal when Mirotic is far older, and WCS is a current lotto pick) you don't get Rudy Gay, Ben McLemore, and Darren Collison for a banged up, inefficient Derrick Rose.

On top of that, you ignore the fact that they're already hoping a once great point guard will regain his form, and they already have him under contract. Rajon Rondo!

Per the WCS-Mirotic issue I think there a lot of people that see WCS as a reach at the 6th pick while also seeing Mirotic as underused by Thibodaeu last season.
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#49 » by nba2k16 » Sun Sep 6, 2015 6:23 am

lakerhater wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:

Per the WCS-Mirotic issue I think there a lot of people that see WCS as a reach at the 6th pick while also seeing Mirotic as underused by Thibodaeu last season.

Yeah this was my thinking too. Mirotic has a lot of untapped potential and I think could up 15-17 PPG as early as next year beside a guy like DMC. And it's not like he's that old or anything, he's 24. Being older doesn't always mean less value

WCS is a bit of a stretch as a 6th overall pick. Is he a great young prospect though? Yeah. But MVPS or potential ones don't get traded ever and the package to get them would be much much larger if there wasn't this much injury uncertainty
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by BBallFreak » Sun Sep 6, 2015 9:20 am

nba2k16 wrote:Yeah this was my thinking too. Mirotic has a lot of untapped potential and I think could up 15-17 PPG as early as next year beside a guy like DMC. And it's not like he's that old or anything, he's 24. Being older doesn't always mean less value.

WCS is a bit of a stretch as a 6th overall pick. Is he a great young prospect though? Yeah. But MVPS or potential ones don't get traded ever and the package to get them would be much much larger if there wasn't this much injury uncertainty

No! This is the disconnect! Your underestimating how bad he was last year, how big the injury risk is, and overvaluing how much that lone, in this case ancient, MVP is worth.

Rose doesn't return this sort of haul. Even if you can argue that WCS is worth less than he should be relative to his draft position (which the Kings obviously disagree with) it doesn't fix Rose's lack of value. You're basing your value strictly and solely on the Bulls perspective, but from the Kings perspective this deal is just plain bad....
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#51 » by nba2k16 » Sun Sep 6, 2015 2:43 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:Yeah this was my thinking too. Mirotic has a lot of untapped potential and I think could up 15-17 PPG as early as next year beside a guy like DMC. And it's not like he's that old or anything, he's 24. Being older doesn't always mean less value.

No! This is the disconnect! Your underestimating how bad he was last year, how big the injury risk is, and overvaluing how much that lone, in this case ancient, MVP is worth.

Rose doesn't return this sort of haul. Even if you can argue that WCS is worth less than he should be relative to his draft position (which the Kings obviously disagree with) it doesn't fix Rose's lack of value. You're basing your value strictly and solely on the Bulls perspective, but from the Kings perspective this deal is just plain bad....

As I said, its a high risk high reward situation where Kings take a big risk but with an opportunity for a big reward. I am not saying it couldn't blow up in either team's face, but that's the rationale behind this. High risk, high reward, and getting guys to play with DMC NOW to keep him and the fanbase happy
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by BBallFreak » Sun Sep 6, 2015 3:20 pm

nba2k16 wrote:As I said, its a high risk high reward situation where Kings take a big risk but with an opportunity for a big reward. I am not saying it couldn't blow up in either team's face, but that's the rationale behind this. High risk, high reward, and getting guys to play with DMC NOW to keep him and the fanbase happy

Again, you're not paying attention. They just went high risk high reward at the exact same position! They just sunk serious cash into Rajon Rondo. This trade makes no sense.

On top of that, teams that are risking that much don't give up this much in trade. The idea that they'd give up two recent lotto picks, a high quality starter, and one of the best backup point guards in the game is just preposterous.

He doesn't fit positionally, and you're asking too much on trade. Awful trade...
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#53 » by nba2k16 » Sun Sep 6, 2015 3:26 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:As I said, its a high risk high reward situation where Kings take a big risk but with an opportunity for a big reward. I am not saying it couldn't blow up in either team's face, but that's the rationale behind this. High risk, high reward, and getting guys to play with DMC NOW to keep him and the fanbase happy

Again, you're not paying attention. They just went high risk high reward at the exact same position! They just sunk serious cash into Rajon Rondo. This trade makes no sense.

On top of that, teams that are risking that much don't give up this much in trade. The idea that they'd give up two recent lotto picks, a high quality starter, and one of the best backup point guards in the game is just preposterous.

He doesn't fit positionally, and you're asking too much on trade. Awful trade...

You're also not paying attention. You mentioned Rose and all the pieces coming back from SAC, but fail to mention Mirotic. THAT'S THE REASON Sac is giving up so much. Mirotic's value is through the roof and he would give them 15-18PPG beside DMC. That itself is more valuable than any piece going back from SAC
sdballer
Senior
And1: 269

Post#54 » by sdballer » Sun Sep 6, 2015 3:53 pm

nba2k16 wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:

You're also not paying attention. You mentioned Rose and all the pieces coming back from SAC, but fail to mention Mirotic. THAT'S THE REASON Sac is giving up so much. Mirotic's value is through the roof and he would give them 15-18PPG beside DMC. That itself is more valuable than any piece going back from SAC

Your posts make less sense the longer this thread goes. At one point mirotic is a potentially misused piece that has value as a young guy, the next his value is through the roof and his 15-18 ppg is worth more than anything the kings give back (apparently including the guy averaging 20+).

No one else on this thread seems to agree on this value.
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#55 » by lakerhater » Sun Sep 6, 2015 5:44 pm

BBallFreak wrote:

Only looking at WCS vs Mirotic I think it's fair to say last season's 2nd place ROY finisher might have a value edge over a player who many think was picked too high at 6.

The rest of the deal I agree the Kings wouldn't do but I like WCS for Mirotic as a stand alone idea that has potential to be tweaked into a workable offer both teams would consider.

I honestly can't see any team dealing for Rose given his price and injury risk.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by BBallFreak » Sun Sep 6, 2015 8:18 pm

lakerhater wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:

Only looking at WCS vs Mirotic I think it's fair to say last season's 2nd place ROY finisher might have a value edge over a player who many think was picked too high at 6.

The rest of the deal I agree the Kings wouldn't do but I like WCS for Mirotic as a stand alone idea that has potential to be tweaked into a workable offer both teams would consider.

Good for you. I think the Kings are happy with the guy they drafted, and should be...
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#57 » by nba2k16 » Mon Sep 7, 2015 5:11 am

BBallFreak wrote:
lakerhater wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:And that's all well and good, if he becomes an MVP candidate again. Problem is, you're asking the Kings to pay for him like he most assuredly will. His value is far lower than that, now. Even if you take out Mirotic and WCS (and I have no clue why anyone would think their value was equal when Mirotic is far older, and WCS is a current lotto pick) you don't get Rudy Gay, Ben McLemore, and Darren Collison for a banged up, inefficient Derrick Rose.

Good for you. I think the Kings are happy with the guy they drafted, and should be...

They were high on Stauskus but traded him real quick, they could easily do the same with WCS
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#58 » by Kings2013 » Mon Sep 7, 2015 3:17 pm

nba2k16 wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
lakerhater wrote:

They were high on Stauskus but traded him real quick, they could easily do the same with WCS

Separate people made those picks
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#59 » by nba2k16 » Mon Sep 7, 2015 11:16 pm

Kings2013 wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:Good for you. I think the Kings are happy with the guy they drafted, and should be...

According to that video on YouTube, Ranadive had the final say on picking Stauskus. I would imagine he had final say on WCS as well
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#60 » by Kings2013 » Tue Sep 8, 2015 12:08 am

nba2k16 wrote:
Kings2013 wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:They were high on Stauskus but traded him real quick, they could easily do the same with WCS

According to that video on YouTube, Ranadive had the final say on picking Stauskus. I would imagine he had final say on WCS as well

The video on YouTube doesn't say anything. Vivek was just shown supporting the pick of Stauskas, whether or not he had any say in the matter

Most Kings fans assume the GMs made the picks

Return to Trades and Transactions