What Teams Do You Think Melo Would Accept a Trade To?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Vote For All That You Think He Would (Doing the more detable ones)

Atlanta
7%
Boston
8%
Brooklyn
4%
Charlotte
1%
Cleveland
14%
Dallas
11%
GS
17%
LAL
14%
OKC
10%
SAS
14%

Total votes: 96

Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

What Teams Do You Think Melo Would Accept a Trade To? 

Post#1 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:59 pm

Not what teams would trade for Melo, rather what teams would be waive his NTC for and why?

Some thoughts....

Atlanta - they look like they could be a contender for the duration of his contract, but probably not.
Boston - a franchise with tradition, a good young coach and tons of assets. Not sure here.
Charlotte - Could MJ sell him on his team? Probably not but it is MJ.
Chicago - he almost went there as a FA
Cleveland - Would he turn down the chance to play with LBJ?
Dallas - Big market/might make them a contender
Golden State - The champs with a great core.
Houston - Big market/contender
LAL - Big market, would be his own team
LAC - Big market/contender
Miami - Nice market/could be a contender with him
OKC - Small market, but a true contender and apparently he wants to woo Durant to NY. Probably not, but who knows
SAS - Wouldn't any player want to play for the Spurs/Pop? or no?
Washington - He is from Baltimore and they are a good team
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,767

Re: What Teams Do You Think Melo Would Accept a Trade To? 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:05 pm

no Brooklyn? I understand the teams not wanting to deal with each other, but strictly in terms of places Melo would play surely they deserve a mention?

Miami and Washington and Houston would seem to be the most likely imo?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,527

Post#3 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:06 pm

Philly.

I've heard it has 80% of New York anyway.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#4 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:09 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:no Brooklyn? I understand the teams not wanting to deal with each other, but strictly in terms of places Melo would play surely they deserve a mention?

Miami and Washington and Houston would seem to be the most likely imo?

He really didn't want to go to the Nets when he was traded last time. Granted they were in NJ for one more year, but I think he'd want to get out of NYC if the Knicks traded him.. but maybe.

And yes, those might be the most likely, I'm just wondering if his "list" may be more expansive than many think.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,881

Post#5 » by LarsV8 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:21 pm

The only teams with mutual interest would be
Chi, Dal, Hou and maybe Mia and Lac.

Everywhere else is getting a veto one way or the other.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,863

Post#6 » by Curmudgeon » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:29 pm

He would likely accept a trade to Brooklyn. As I keep saying, Melo for Joe Johnson makes alot of sense for both teams.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,076

Post#7 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 pm

I think a Kanter, Payne, Waiters for Melo deal would be pretty good for both and a ton of fun. Lala would veto though.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:37 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I think a Kanter, Payne, Waiters for Melo deal would be pretty good for both and a ton of fun. Lala would veto though.

Don't see why NY would want a maxed out Kanter, especially with Lopez and Porzingis and they fact they'd probably want to clear cap space.

Payne?
They just drafted Grant and have Galloway.
Waiters is not appealing.

But...do you think Melo would waive his NTC for OKC?
Texas Chuck

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:01 pm

LarsV8 wrote:The only teams with mutual interest would be
Chi, Dal, Hou and maybe Mia and Lac.

Everywhere else is getting a veto one way or the other.

I find it hard to see him accepting a deal to Dallas as this point. I mean old Dirk, done Deron, and injured Wes Matthews excites exactly no one (assuming Parsons is part of the package to the Knicks).
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck

Post#10 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:03 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I think a Kanter, Payne, Waiters for Melo deal would be pretty good for both and a ton of fun. Lala would veto though.

Im with Joe that I don't see a lot of interest in this package from the Knicks. Really only Payne holds any value and they have a couple young PG's already.

And I don't see Melo leaving the big stage to play 3rd fiddle in one of the smallest markets in the Association. Maybe he decides he's tired of losing enough, but he's one of those guys who has always been about his "brand".
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,076

Post#11 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:16 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:

Im with Joe that I don't see a lot of interest in this package from the Knicks. Really only Payne holds any value and they have a couple young PG's already.

And I don't see Melo leaving the big stage to play 3rd fiddle in one of the smallest markets in the Association. Maybe he decides he's tired of losing enough, but he's one of those guys who has always been about his "brand".

I actually think Kanter and Porzingis would look good long term, but fair enough.

As for Melo, if the trade is about his frustrations with losing, this would be the best team in the league, but I guess that's been the issue, he has other priorities.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:35 pm

Unlikely, but NO would look great with Melo.
They could have a Melo/Davis/Asik front line.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#13 » by spearsy23 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:40 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:Unlikely, but NO would look great with Melo.
They could have a Melo/Davis/Asik front line.

It wouldn't be a bad fit, but it would be so frustrating seeing a team build like this around Davis. He deserves to be in a ball movement offense, it would fit him so well and be so fun to watch.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,527

Post#14 » by 165bows » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:18 am

I'm pretty certain Boston would make the cut. Close proximity to NY, reasonably competitive, he would fill in their top need (scoring wing), and they would still have trade or cap to bring in other guys. Plus staying in the EC would be a much better shot at going a series or two deep in the playoffs, as opposed to some WC teams (Phoenix, LAL, likely Dallas).

Not sure I see Dallas being high on the list, didn't he supposedly give them a courtesy meeting in FA?
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#15 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:22 am

I like The Houston idea problem is getting the salaries to match up. Can see one of Jones or D-Mo plus Deeker working well in NY with Porzingis and Grant long term
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#16 » by red96 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:05 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:I like The Houston idea problem is getting the salaries to match up. Can see one of Jones or D-Mo plus Deeker working well in NY with Porzingis and Grant long term
Not thread jacking but, Brewer, Dekker, Jones, KJ Mcdaniels, Terry, and Thorton works salary wise before added picks. Im not sure how Melo would fit in though. A similar deal was already proposed and shot down.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"

Return to Trades and Transactions