Hornets- 76ers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Who says no?

Philly
25%
Hornets
50%
Neither
25%
Both
No votes

Total votes: 12

Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Hornets- 76ers 

Post#1 » by Mykhyn » Thu Oct 8, 2015 10:19 pm

MKG for Stauskas + Wroten + Covington

Hornets do it because it helps them a lot this year. It also saves them a lot of money having Covington and Stauskas locked up really cheap for 3 years

Philly gets MKG whos out for the year and improve their draft pick by probably a lot considering they wont have a relevant wing left. Next year they trot out a pretty devasting defense especially if Embiids healthy

Who says no?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,121

Re: Hornets- 76ers 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Thu Oct 8, 2015 10:37 pm

Hornets. I'm not sure Stauskas and Wroten would get you more than a 2nd round pick on their own. Neither is a lock to stay in the league after their rookie contract is up. This is essentially Covington for MKG which just isn't enough.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#3 » by HornetJail » Thu Oct 8, 2015 11:45 pm

You just gave me flashbacks to the MKG for Evan Turnover trades that littered this board.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#4 » by californiadude » Fri Oct 9, 2015 12:28 am

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:You just gave me flashbacks to the MKG for Evan Turnover trades that littered this board.

Question: Do you think Charlotte considers dealing him? I know they love him so outside looking in I'd say no. But they also seem oddly desperate to make the playoffs.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#5 » by Smitty731 » Fri Oct 9, 2015 12:59 am

I can't imagine Charlotte deals MKG after just signing him to that extension. And I don't think this package is enough to get it done.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#6 » by HornetJail » Fri Oct 9, 2015 1:12 am

californiadude wrote:
MotorKeepsGoing wrote:You just gave me flashbacks to the MKG for Evan Turnover trades that littered this board.

Question: Do you think Charlotte considers dealing him? I know they love him so outside looking in I'd say no. But they also seem oddly desperate to make the playoffs.

Absolutely not. Dealing MKG for a quick fix would be dooming us to a 10th-11th seed every year. I don't think our FO will overreact for a quick fix. At first, Vonleh for Batum looked like one of those "quick fix" moves, but our FO has been looking to get Batum for years and they were dead set on trading one of Zeller or Vonleh because they were very high on Frank Kaminsky. For the sake of this discussion, I'm not going to say how I feel about their valuations of those three power forwards, but looking at the details, it doesn't look like a desperation move to win now. That may factor in to the decision making, but I don't think that we're nearly desperate enough to deal MKG for quick fix- not even close.

By extending him for 4 years, we've pretty much shown that he's part of the future of the organization. He's even less likely to be dealt than Kemba, and the chances of that happening are essentially zero.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
username_taken
Veteran
And1: 2,412

Post#7 » by username_taken » Fri Oct 9, 2015 11:28 am

MKG is worth much, much, more than that. He's one of the best defensive wings in the whole NBA.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Re: RE: Re: Hornets- 76ers 

Post#8 » by yosemiteben » Fri Oct 9, 2015 1:39 pm

californiadude wrote:

They literally just extended him. No they aren't going to trade him.

Sent from my SM-T537V using Tapatalk
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#9 » by californiadude » Fri Oct 9, 2015 1:46 pm

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:
californiadude wrote:

Absolutely not. Dealing MKG for a quick fix would be dooming us to a 10th-11th seed every year. I don't think our FO will overreact for a quick fix. At first, Vonleh for Batum looked like one of those "quick fix" moves, but our FO has been looking to get Batum for years and they were dead set on trading one of Zeller or Vonleh because they were very high on Frank Kaminsky. For the sake of this discussion, I'm not going to say how I feel about their valuations of those three power forwards, but looking at the details, it doesn't look like a desperation move to win now. That may factor in to the decision making, but I don't think that we're nearly desperate enough to deal MKG for quick fix- not even close.

By extending him for 4 years, we've pretty much shown that he's part of the future of the organization. He's even less likely to be dealt than Kemba, and the chances of that happening are essentially zero.

yosemiteben wrote:
californiadude wrote:

They literally just extended him. No they aren't going to trade him.

Sent from my SM-T537V using Tapatalk

That's what I figured, it is hard not to justify the Batum trade as a clear win now move though, they traded a high upside prospect who they just drafted for an expiring player. I agree they don't trade MKG nor should they, but it does seem like the Indians are growing restless.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Re: RE: Re: Hornets- 76ers 

Post#10 » by yosemiteben » Fri Oct 9, 2015 2:05 pm

californiadude wrote:it is hard not to justify the Batum trade as a clear win now move though, they traded a high upside prospect who they just drafted for an expiring player.

They also swung for the fences on Hayward, then settled for Lance who was a train wreck. They had a massive need for a wing that can facilitate on offense and shoot the three ball. We also have two former members of Portland's FO and a coach that our players love, and we are going to have massive cap space available this offseason. There are lots of positives there.

If Batum were older, I'd be more inclined to agree, but we have a chance to resign him just as he is about to enter his prime.

We clearly traded for him with the intent to resign him. It was a risk, yes, but "win now" suggests that it was done regardless of the future. IMO it was a calculated move because our FO is so familiar with Batum and is confident that he'll resign.

Return to Trades and Transactions