Get Ryan Anderson to Utah

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,775

Re: Get Ryan Anderson to Utah 

Post#21 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:36 pm

^ Fair enough. I should have checked the numbers. My bad.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#22 » by blind prophet » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:48 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I'd keep it really simple.

Anderson

for

Booker
2016 UTH 1st (lotto protected, top 10, top 8, 2 2nds).

Pelicans get a decent draft pick and a decent replacement. Jazz don't touch any of their young players for what could be a rental.

Seems a wee steep, Utah should just bid in the off season.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#23 » by stitches » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:31 pm

You don't trade anything of great value for half a year rental for a player who hasn't had a healthy season since 2012-2013. You just DON'T! No Alec Burks, no first round picks - you simply don't! If they want the OKC pick and Booker I guess that would be OK, but anything more is pushing it.
The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Post#24 » by The59Sound » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:18 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:uh there is merit in improving your team this year if the price is right. Plus it makes it easier to re-sign him (plus see if he is really a good fit) by having him in house first.

This whole--we can just sign him if we want--is one of the biggest mistakes fans make in analyzing their team.

I so agree with this. Notice how every time someone says "we can just sign them as a free agent," that fan's team never signs the player as a free agent? As you indicated, acquiring Anderson brings value this year, lets us test his fit with the team, and gives us the inside track to signing him in the off-season.

A protected 1st + Booker is entirely reasonable. I'd prefer it to be the OKC or GSW pick, but we can certainly talk about Utah's pick.
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

The Quantifiable Connection: An Interstellar fan site.
http://www.quantifiableconnection.com
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Post#25 » by Winglish » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:05 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Does Booker have + value just because he is expiring? Because the guy is shooting 29%. Frye may be somewhat disappointing but he is shooting 40% from 3. He could definitely be useful and have value in the right situation. They have similar rebounding #s. Booker is decent defensively but he is a huge liability on offense (as Frye is on defense but at least he has a desirable skill for a big in being a big who can stretch the floor).

Booker doesn't have + value. I would have called him roughly neutral value to start the season and negative value now. But Frye has even greater negative value. Yeah he's shooting a bit better this year, but he remains a mediocre at best rebounder and is a defensive liability. Now on Utah some of his weaknesses would be protected playing next to Favors or Gobert and his shooting would be an asset.

I do think the Jazz would improve on the court with a Frye/Booker swap. But they are also on the hook for 2 more years of that Frye deal when you have to think they want to start adding some veteran talent by next year.

Yeah, I've felt the biggest missing piece for the Jazz is none of their bigs have range. I thought Lyles was an interesting pick over Portis for this reason...also thought Kaminsky would have fit well there. That really does seem like the perfect place for Frye. They are in one of the best cap situations in the league I think, so I doubt that Frye contract would hurt, especially with the skyrocketing cap.

One good workout DOOMED the Jazz on draft night. When Lyles worked out in Utah he hit an OBSCENE number of three point shots. It was like 30 in a row or some dang thing. Lyles played it up that he had not been given free reigns to shoot like he knows how at Kentucky. The problem? The workout was an accident! He got lucky!

Oh well. Lyles has a chance to be okay if he can work on his shot and inceease his strength, both things that are fixable.
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#26 » by Zion Wembanyama » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:18 pm

The59Sound wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:uh there is merit in improving your team this year if the price is right. Plus it makes it easier to re-sign him (plus see if he is really a good fit) by having him in house first.

This whole--we can just sign him if we want--is one of the biggest mistakes fans make in analyzing their team.

I so agree with this. Notice how every time someone says "we can just sign them as a free agent," that fan's team never signs the player as a free agent? As you indicated, acquiring Anderson brings value this year, lets us test his fit with the team, and gives us the inside track to signing him in the off-season.

A protected 1st + Booker is entirely reasonable. I'd prefer it to be the OKC or GSW pick, but we can certainly talk about Utah's pick.

I assume the protection is lottery? That said, I'd definitely hop on this one.
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano

Return to Trades and Transactions