Chicago & Dallas: Midseason Trade

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,381

Chicago & Dallas: Midseason Trade 

Post#1 » by drosestruts » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:35 pm

Bulls in: Chandler Parsons

Mavs in: Pau Gasol, Mike Dunleavy Jr and Cameron Bairstow

Bulls:

Rose/Moore/Brooks
Butler/Snell/Hinrich
Parsons/McDermott
Mirotic/Gibson
Noah/Gibson

Bulls add a wing player that compliments their lineup in exchange for some of their big man depth.

Mavs:

Williams/Berrea
Matthews/Harris
Dunleavy Jr./Evans
Dirk/Powell
Gasol/Pachulia

Gasol gives the Mavs a big-man that can serve as an offensive threat for them. Pachulia and Powell are decent hustle guys but with Gasol their offensive could be elite with all of their spacing and options.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Re: Chicago & Dallas: Midseason Trade 

Post#2 » by old rem » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:00 pm

Dallas... already AGED and at best a 7 seed.. gets OLDER and not better? Yeah.. I am SURE that's the plan.
CENSORED... No comment.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,485

Post#3 » by jayjaysee » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:31 am

Actually - I'd do this as a Mavs fan - or at worst be okay with it if Dallas made the move.. Chandler isn't making us young - Pau makes us slightly better this year. I think Parsons is a really good player but I don't see him being the face of the Mavs in two years. The defense would clearly be rough though..

But - using the extra salary we'd be able to fit in this deal, I'd call a lot of teams trying to get a wing for a 2nd.. Or offer more value if the guy is worth it..

Martin for two seconds?
Henderson for a second?
Turner for a second?

Just something to add to it. But I'm all-in on this whole be the best for the last two years of Dirk as possible.. And I think Pau+Dunleavy+Henderson would do more for that vs just Parsons. We have to be very short sighted without damaging the future ala Billy King.. I think this move fits that. Powell would get to play more four and be on the court less, Zaza would play against second units and look better, and CV would only see the court in meaningless minutes.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,813

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:36 am

Pau and Dirk playing together would be a real treat offensively. I have mixed feelings about it, but Jay raises a lot of good points. I don't mind Parsons being here long term, but paying him a ton of money moving forward doesn't really excite me. He really needs to be a team's 3rd or 4th best player.

If we could do as Jay suggests and bring in another decent wing I'd agree we get better for this year.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#5 » by jbk1234 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:33 am

I feel like Dallas should get at least the Sac pick out of this deal.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#6 » by LApwnd » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:53 am

old rem wrote:Dallas... already AGED and at best a 7 seed.. gets OLDER and not better? Yeah.. I am SURE that's the plan.

You realize Parson hasnt done squat this yr right? This trade would actually help them more than hoping parson recovers to any semblance of his old self
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,037

Post#7 » by daoneandonly » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:05 pm

I do believe the Mavs should try and trade Parsons and get someone who fits the mold of a Shawn Marion as that works best with Dirk, but clearly this is not that trade. Mavs would pass easily.

Return to Trades and Transactions