Sac/Nop - Gay for Gordon

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Sac/Nop - Gay for Gordon 

Post#1 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:10 am

Sacramento gets:
Eric Gordon
Luke Babbitt

New Orleans gets:
Rudy Gay
James Anderson

Why for Sacramento? They move Gay's salary and put themselves in better FA position next year and get some floor spacing at SG

Why for New Orleans? Dell Demps has to do something to not get fired and has almost no more cards to play. Rudy Gay is coming off a solid season last year and is locked up.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,830

Re: Sac/Nop - Gay for Gordon 

Post#2 » by giberish » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:22 am

This is quite bad for Sacramento. This makes their SF situation worse than their SG situation is now, and Rudy Gay looks to be a bargain contract going forward (he'll be making a lot less, under a far higher cap then in his Toronto days).
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,706

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:35 pm

yeah Gay is worth more than Gordon because his contract is now a good one and he's much more dependable health-wise. I don't think he's a particularly good fit next to AD so I wouldn't be willing as New Orleans to add the assets needed to close the value gap and I certainly wouldn't give away value as the Kings.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#4 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:18 pm

Yeah, at least get Sacramento Ryan Anderson as well.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,569

Post#5 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:17 pm

Gay a much much better player than Gordon. Gordon is constantly injured and doesn't come close to being worth his contract. And it makes absolutely no sense for the kings. Our backcourt includes Rondo/Collison/Marco/Mclemore all of whom we like more than gordon. So not only is Gay better and healthier, hes also a much better fit for our team.

This trade is downright lockable. Looking at the pelicans roster there really is no trade to be made. The only players i'd want from the Pelicans are Ryan Anderson and obviously AD, and Ryan is not nearly good enough for us to trade Gay. I'd give James Anderson and Eric Moreland but not sure the money works and that's pretty much a salary dump for Pels.

Return to Trades and Transactions