UTA/CHI: Hinrich for 2nd rounder/cash

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

What do you think of this trade?

Good for both teams
25%
Good for Utah, bad for Chicago
50%
Good for Chicago, bad for Utah
25%

Total votes: 8

sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Re: UTA/CHI: Hinrich for 2nd rounder/cash 

Post#21 » by sipclip » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:01 pm

The59Sound wrote:
sipclip wrote:No thanks. Hinrich is no longer and nba caliber player. He also gets in the way of developing our young guys if he were to get minutes.

I'd argue having a vet on board to play limited minutes and mentor Neto and Burke supports their development. But that point isn't of consequence if you're of the opinion that he's not NBA-caliber any longer.

I'm clearly in the minority on Hinrich's value, so let's call this DOA.

I'm in the minority when it comes to having vets around to mentor players. I think they tend to do more harm than good a lot of the time because they want to finish their career playing rather than sitting on the bench. The best way to learn in my opinion is to throw players to the wolves and let them play through their mistakes and let the coaching staff go over things with them. If you feel like you need active players to mentor guys then it means you are missing a key piece from you coaching staff. That is just my opinion though and it is definitely in the minority.
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Re: UTA/CHI: Hinrich for 2nd rounder/cash 

Post#22 » by Winglish » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:16 pm

There is no questioning that a veteran team wins more games. The danger in playing only younger players really comes in whether or not they renew their contracts. These youngsters often develop and then leave to play elsewhere. We've seen it in Utah a thousand times.

Raul Neto and Trey Burke are not enough to take any NBA team to where they want to be. Might as well do something. I mean, at least PRETEND to be trying!

Return to Trades and Transactions