Denver/Toronto (Faried Trade)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Denver/Toronto (Faried Trade) 

Post#1 » by youngthegiant » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:54 am

Denver Trades: Kenneth Faried

Toronto Trades: NY Pick, Patrick Patterson, Bruno Caboclo

Why: Toronto needs to bolster their frontline and the hustle and energy Faried will help them out down low. Denver gets a potential late lotto to early mid round pick, as well as caboclo and patterson.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Re: Denver/Toronto (Faried Trade) 

Post#2 » by Bentley1225 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:56 am

The Raptors are pretty much committed to Bruno so I think he is off the table.

I think a deal that makes the most sense is (On Dec 29th)

To Denver
-Patrick Patterson
-James Johnson
-2016 Denver or New York 1st round pick
-2017 Clippers 1st round pick
-2018 Raptors 1st round pick (lottery protected in '18, 19, or 2nd round picks in '20 and '21)

To Toronto
-Kenneth Faried
-Mike Miller
Splinter
Senior
And1: 349

Post#3 » by Splinter » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:58 am

Bentley1225 wrote:The Raptors are pretty much committed to Bruno so I think he is off the table.

I think a deal that makes the most sense is (On Dec 29th)

To Denver
-Patrick Patterson
-James Johnson
-2016 Denver or New York 1st round pick
-2017 Clippers 1st round pick
-2018 Raptors 1st round pick (lottery protected in '18, 19, or 2nd round picks in '20 and '21)

To Toronto
-Kenneth Faried
-Mike Miller

Wow. 3 first round picks for Faried is astonishing.
F1uxCapacit0r
Sixth Man
And1: 209

Post#4 » by F1uxCapacit0r » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:04 am

Toronto isn't giving that much up for faried. Faried is an average defender, poor shooter and a lousy fit next to val in that he would clog the lane. We need someone who can spread the floor from the 4 spot.

Bruno is not a throw in he's a player the raptors organization want to develop (bust or not)

Re: the second trade, no chance we give up 3 first rounders for faried
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#5 » by Bentley1225 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:18 am

F1uxCapacit0r wrote:Toronto isn't giving that much up for faried. Faried is an average defender, poor shooter and a lousy fit next to val in that he would clog the lane. We need someone who can spread the floor from the 4 spot.

Bruno is not a throw in he's a player the raptors organization want to develop (bust or not)

Well Faried's contract value come beginning of next season will be incredibly valuable compared to a Tristan Thompson and others. The Nuggets aren't desperate and it would take a strong offer. I dont think the Nuggets are actively shopping Faried and perhaps 3 picks is excessive but I think that is what it would take to pry Faried away if the Raps really wanted him.
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Post#6 » by Powder Blue » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:58 am

Of those 3 picks in that second deal only one has a decent shot at being a lotto pick. As is always the case picks in the 20's are over-valued on RealGM. I think Faried is worth 2 mid lotto's or a solid lotto and serviceable young player/players.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,087

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:01 am

Powder Blue wrote:Of those 3 picks in that second deal only one has a decent shot at being a lotto pick. As is always the case picks in the 20's are over-valued on RealGM. I think Faried is worth 2 mid lotto's or a solid lotto and serviceable young player/players.

He's not. He's not that good and the GMs who are desperate or who have questionable judgment don't really have them to offer.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#8 » by loserX » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:41 am

Powder Blue wrote:I think Faried is worth 2 mid lotto's or a solid lotto and serviceable young player/players.

2 mid lotto's? Mid-lotto is around #8. I like Faried more than most but if you think Faried is worth two top ten picks I would be very surprised. Did you mean mid-round?
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#9 » by sportscrazy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:25 am

Bentley1225 wrote:
F1uxCapacit0r wrote:Toronto isn't giving that much up for faried. Faried is an average defender, poor shooter and a lousy fit next to val in that he would clog the lane. We need someone who can spread the floor from the 4 spot.

Well Faried's contract value come beginning of next season will be incredibly valuable compared to a Tristan Thompson and others. The Nuggets aren't desperate and it would take a strong offer. I dont think the Nuggets are actively shopping Faried and perhaps 3 picks is excessive but I think that is what it would take to pry Faried away if the Raps really wanted him.

I agree, to me Faried is one of those rare players that is worth way more to his current team than any other team in the league and as such Denver wouldn't get any fair trade offers which is fine for the Nuggets who would prefer to keep him than sell low.
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,009

Post#10 » by R-DAWG » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:21 pm

If Denver could get 1 first round pick for Farid they should take it and run. Lebron isn't sitting with 2 extra 1st rd picks desperate for a C. The Mozgov deal was a fluke.

Remember Farid is an undersized power forward who doesn't excel at any part of the game and makes a lot of money relative to his production.

For the Ballboys - Denver can ask for whatever they want for Faried, doesn't mean they will get it. If the cost for Faried is 3 1st rd picks, or even 1 pick with the potential to be lotto, Faried will be a member of the Denver Nuggest for a long time.
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Post#11 » by Powder Blue » Tue Dec 1, 2015 3:27 am

loserX wrote:
Powder Blue wrote:I think Faried is worth 2 mid lotto's or a solid lotto and serviceable young player/players.

2 mid lotto's? Mid-lotto is around #8. I like Faried more than most but if you think Faried is worth two top ten picks I would be very surprised. Did you mean mid-round?

Yes I stand corrected, I meant 2 mid first rounders or one mid-lotto pick. My opinion is also based on how the Nuggets operate, they hold out for an over the top deal. It worked with Mozgov but burned them with Lawson. I don't agree with it, they should really blow it up but they won't do that.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,176

Post#12 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Dec 1, 2015 4:24 am

It's official Kenneth Farried is the most overrated person on these forums. Three first round picks for him is crazy, he is a very good rebounder but that is really all he is. I don't want his contract anywhere near this team.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
yellowknifer
Analyst
And1: 2,337

Post#13 » by yellowknifer » Tue Dec 1, 2015 12:57 pm

I don't think he's worth that Denver/NY first rounder. Not a chance. There's still a decent chance it's in the top 10.

He also doesn't fit in with the Raptors roster.
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,584

Post#14 » by nomansland » Tue Dec 1, 2015 6:52 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:It's official Kenneth Farried is the most overrated person on these forums. Three first round picks for him is crazy, he is a very good rebounder but that is really all he is. I don't want his contract anywhere near this team.

I agree that 3 1st rounders is too much.

I don't agree that he's the most overrated player on this forum, especially when I'm constantly reading that all he does is rebound.

Like I say often with Faried, he's worth more to Denver than he is to other teams, so if you can't make a good offer the Nugs should just keep him.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,176

Re: RE: Re: Denver/Toronto (Faried Trade) 

Post#15 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Dec 2, 2015 1:10 am

nomansland wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:It's official Kenneth Farried is the most overrated person on these forums. Three first round picks for him is crazy, he is a very good rebounder but that is really all he is. I don't want his contract anywhere near this team.

I don't agree that he's the most overrated player on this forum, especially when I'm constantly reading that all he does is rebound.

Like I say often with Faried, he's worth more to Denver than he is to other teams, so if you can't make a good offer the Nugs should just keep him.

Is Faried a guys defender? No, he is below average as a defender and shotblocker I don't think he can work with Jonas V. He is a energy player with very little offensive game outside 3-5 feet of the rim. You would be lucky to get a top 10-15 pick for him let alone massive salary relief and 2 more first rounders as with the OP'S deal
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,415

Post#16 » by Rapsfan07 » Wed Dec 2, 2015 1:16 am

OP gotta inbox me so we can figure out how to get some of that Denver green over here in Toronto. Must be hella fire to make you post something like this. 3 first round picks for Faried is laughable at best.
nomansland
Head Coach

Post#17 » by nomansland » Wed Dec 2, 2015 2:54 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
nomansland wrote:

Is Faried a guys defender? No, he is below average as a defender and shotblocker I don't think he can work with Jonas V. He is a energy player with very little offensive game outside 3-5 feet of the rim. You would be lucky to get a top 10-15 pick for him let alone massive salary relief and 2 more first rounders as with the OP'S deal

Salary relief isn't an issue for Denver and they're not looking to dump his deal.

He had some minor injuries this year that slowed him down a bit but his game is a lot more well-rounded so far. He's got a mid-range jumper now and is a smarter/better player on D. But for people who watch him once or twice a year and read box scores, he's just a rebounder.

But whatever. Like I said and will say again, he's worth more to Denver than a lot of other teams so if a good deal comes along, great, and if there are no good deals it's cool to keep him.
yellowknifer
Analyst
And1: 2,337

Post#18 » by yellowknifer » Wed Dec 2, 2015 4:41 am

nomansland wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:
nomansland wrote:

Salary relief isn't an issue for Denver and they're not looking to dump his deal.

He had some minor injuries this year that slowed him down a bit but his game is a lot more well-rounded so far. He's got a mid-range jumper now and is a smarter/better player on D. But for people who watch him once or twice a year and read box scores, he's just a rebounder.

But whatever. Like I said and will say again, he's worth more to Denver than a lot of other teams so if a good deal comes along, great, and if there are no good deals it's cool to keep him.

Maybe he's developed a mid range jumper, it's still not enough for him to fit well with the Raptors. And it's way far off some of the deals proposed here.

I actually thought with that young C you guys had who seemed to shoot the 3 well he might fit in a rotation nicely with him or another C who can operate in the mid range as well.
nomansland
Head Coach

Post#19 » by nomansland » Wed Dec 2, 2015 4:45 am

yellowknifer wrote:
nomansland wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:

Maybe he's developed a mid range jumper, it's still not enough for him to fit well with the Raptors. And it's way far off some of the deals proposed here.

I actually thought with that young C you guys had who seemed to shoot the 3 well he might fit in a rotation nicely with him or another C who can operate in the mid range as well.

Who, Jokic or Lauvergne? Both of them are looking good so far, keeping fingers crossed.
Austincys21
Veteran
And1: 733

Post#20 » by Austincys21 » Wed Dec 2, 2015 4:47 am

I see Faried as a guy who is solid but I'd only want him while he's on his rookie contract. I just don't think he's worth the money. The value is fine but Toronto doesn't get much better

Return to Trades and Transactions