Memphis finds shooting; Dallas finds inside "D" and Minnesota's pups get younger

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Memphis finds shooting; Dallas finds inside "D" and Minnesota's pups get younger 

Post#1 » by Zion Wembanyama » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:50 am

MIN outgoing: G.Dieng, K.Martin
MIN incoming: DAL '17 1st, MEM '16 2nd, Carter (waived), Adams, C-Vill (waived)

DAL incoming: G.Dieng
DAL outgoing: '17 1st, '16 2nd, C-Vill, Mejri

MEM outgoing: Carter, Adams, '16 2nd
MEM incoming: Martin, Mejri (waived), DAL '16 2nd

Dallas Depth Chart

PG - DWill / Barea
SG - Matthews / Harris
SF - Parsons / Anderson
PF - Dirk / Powell
C - ZaZa / Dieng

*Dallas gets the front-court, defensive presence it's missed since Chandler departed.

Minny Depth Chart

PG - Rubio/LaVine
SG - Wiggins/Adams
SF - Muhammad/Rudaz
PF - KG/Payne
C - Towns/Bjelica

*Minny clears more minutes for the youth movement (adds Adams) on the wings and gets a 1st and 2nd round pick (could be really good...)

Memphis Depth Chart

PG - Conley/Chalmers
SG - Lee/Martin
SF - Barnes/Allen
PF - ZBo/Green
C - Gasol/Wright

*Memphis addresses it's shooting woes on the perimeter, by add Martin, who can also get to the charity-stripe and they get a 2nd.
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Re: Memphis finds shooting; Dallas finds inside "D" and Minnesota's pups get younger 

Post#2 » by Note30 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:20 am

Love it for Minny.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Knosh
Starter
And1: 921

Re: Memphis finds shooting; Dallas finds inside "D" and Minnesota's pups get younger 

Post#3 » by Knosh » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:51 am

I have trouble seeing Dallas use a 1st and a 2nd to get a 3rd big. And realistically Dieng wouldn't be a 3rd big, but would compete with McGee for 4th big.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,638

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:55 pm

yeah I'm with Knosh. We wouldn't trade another first plus a 2nd just for Dieng. Especially not a pick with no protections.

I'm not sold on McGee yet, but he's already been taking minutes from Powell in his 2 games back which mitigates some of our desperation for another big. I'd still be all for upgrading the 4/5 but not overpaying for a guy like Dieng.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

Post#5 » by Zordor » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:30 pm

Personally never been much of a fan of Kevin Martin, most teams have performed better without him , he just has some very lackluster defense, and where it might be hid in memphis, i think the grizzlies by now probably have had a chance or two to acquire him if they thought he was the answer, but I think even GM Chris Wallace knows he isnt. I also think Dieng is a good player and if this were right after the Deandre Jordan scandal, yeah Dallas might put in an offer like that because he isnt a bad player and they were desperate, but they arent as desperate now and so they would probably consider him an asset, but not overpay for him
cellar-door
Starter
And1: 1,095

Post#6 » by cellar-door » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:42 pm

I don't think Dallas can move that pick. They owe one to the Celtics this year.

Return to Trades and Transactions