Jabari Parker

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Re: Jabari Parker 

Post#21 » by skones » Fri Feb 5, 2016 7:14 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
I'm still not sold he's ever anything more than old Buck--Big Dog. But that's still a really good offensive player.

A 20/6 guy on good efficiency but that actually cares about basketball and winning? What team wouldn't want that kind of player?

Big Dog could have been so much more, but he was one of those guys that was good at basketball, but I don't think ever loved it like Jabari does. Plus Jabari is taller, stronger and overall just a bigger tongan dude.

I'm not sure what about "really good offensive player" bothers you? I wasn't trying to equate his personality to that of Big Dog in anyway. I like Jabari. I would have drafted him over Wiggins. I still think his offensive ceiling is higher than Wiggins. But I'm also not sold on him ever being a true complete superstar.

FWIW, I think he's got much better vision that he's been given credit for since playing at Duke. With the ball in his hands more, I think, on the offensive end, he's one of the rare guys at that size that makes those around him better.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#22 » by Kings2013 » Fri Feb 5, 2016 7:30 pm

Middleton is really the only popular Buck whose market value I subscribe to personally. Market value in terms of how the players are perceived
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#23 » by M-C-G » Fri Feb 5, 2016 7:42 pm

Kings2013 wrote:Middleton is really the only popular Buck whose market value I subscribe to personally. Market value in terms of how the players are perceived

This is probably right because the league is moving away from the basket band right now ALL of our other guys don't shoot threes and predominantly score inside.

So Kidd is either a genius pulling all these guys together, is a giant idiot, or is just patient enough to wait to give them the opportunity to shoot.

I think if we did trade Midds, which I don't think we should actually do, shipping him to Sac in a deal where Gay goes somewhere and something out of that deal comes back to the Bucks, WCS and McLemore directly sent to the Bucks makes some sense.

I think Houston should probably be that team with Ariza going to Sac and then other young pieces coming to the Bucks.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#24 » by Golabki » Fri Feb 5, 2016 7:46 pm

I have never been a big fan of parkers. Defensively he's been as bad as advertized. offensively he's a okay scorer but his shooting makes him a liability.

I don't think you could get a pick from a bottom 5 team fight now.

He's probably worth a 6-9 type pick... But if it was me I'd rather keep the pick.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#25 » by H2tObes » Fri Feb 5, 2016 7:47 pm

Can only see the Bucks moving him for a franchise cornerstone like Favors as someone else suggested. I'd be content if Jabari ends up being as good as Favors
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,760

Post#26 » by Colbinii » Fri Feb 5, 2016 7:50 pm

H2tObes wrote:Can only see the Bucks moving him for a franchise cornerstone like Favors as someone else suggested. I'd be content if Jabari ends up being as good as Favors

I would be surprised, shocked, if Parker ever becomes as good of a player as Favors.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
H2tObes
RealGM

Post#27 » by H2tObes » Fri Feb 5, 2016 7:55 pm

Colbinii wrote:
H2tObes wrote:Can only see the Bucks moving him for a franchise cornerstone like Favors as someone else suggested. I'd be content if Jabari ends up being as good as Favors

I would be surprised, shocked, if Parker ever becomes as good of a player as Favors.

While Favors will like always be better defensively, you are selling Jabari short offensively imo. Saying you would be shocked means you are overrating Favors, or undervaluing Jabari. Jabari has a chance to be an amazing offensive player, something which Favors simply is not. I think people are expecting too much from a 20 year old rookie in experience, who tore his acl a year ago. Has all the tools to be special.

It doesn't surprise me though, what has Jabari done to prove those who doubt him wrong? I think he will make people eat crow next season. There is plenty to be encouraged about with Jabari, just needs time
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,760

Post#28 » by Colbinii » Fri Feb 5, 2016 8:03 pm

H2tObes wrote:While Favors will like always be better defensively, you are selling Jabari short offensively imo. Saying you would be shocked means you are overrating Favors, or undervaluing Jabari. Jabari has a chance to be an amazing offensive player, something which Favors simply is not. I think people are expecting too much from a 20 year old rookie in experience, who tore his acl a year ago. Has all the tools to be special.

It doesn't surprise me though, what has Jabari done to prove those who doubt him wrong? I think he will make people eat crow next season. There is plenty to be encouraged about with Jabari, just needs time

First, I don't think Jabari has "All the tools" to be special. He lacks explosiveness off the drive. He isn't the quickest guy out there, a slower first step than carmelo anthony. As a scoring 4, you need to be quick to score.
Another point you made was that he tore his ACL, yeah, he tore his ACL. That isn't going to be easy to recover from.

I don't think I am overrating Favors. Favors is a 16.5/8.5/1.5 big man who gets to the line, has a 23 PER, and plays great defense. I may not be high on Parker, but since entering the league, he hasn't shown me anything that merits him having this potential of even reaching Favors height.

Now, obviously I am not saying Parker is going to be awful, but I wouldn't be surprised if Parker has a career that has only 1 or 2 all-star appearances and no all-nba honors with average defense.

edit: I missed the last part of your post. I do wish him the best and I hope he turns out to be as good as advertised.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
H2tObes
RealGM

Post#29 » by H2tObes » Fri Feb 5, 2016 8:07 pm

Saying Jabari lacks explosiveness off the drive and isnt quick is literally some of the worst player evaluation I've ever seen on realGM, that is what he has going for him...he is one of the most explosive guys in the league around the rim and off the drive, and he is lightning quick for his size. Get out of here with that non sense!
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#30 » by Prez » Fri Feb 5, 2016 8:07 pm

Jabari has been extremely explosive and quick this year. Attacking the basket he is bordering on freakish levels of athleticism. Anyone questioning his athletic ability at this point clearly has not watched him.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#31 » by MiltownHawkeye » Fri Feb 5, 2016 8:09 pm

You are right, Jabari Parker in his 2nd season is not as productive as Derrick Favors in his 6th season.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#32 » by trwi7 » Fri Feb 5, 2016 8:16 pm

Not explosive you guys.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTbiqjO613c[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6XFX3U3JS0[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lL915amqp4[/youtube]
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Post#33 » by Streakers33 » Fri Feb 5, 2016 11:16 pm

If u were just looking to rebuild some things cuz he was "Kidd's" guy or something. I could see the wolves offering their top five pick for him. He fits a need. Probably could send another youth ful player over with him.
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Post#34 » by Dame Lizard » Fri Feb 5, 2016 11:45 pm

There is so much fact-pointing from Buck's fan that "Jabari is a lot more explosive than imagined", which is true. And it looks like he's not holding back due to a lack of confidence or anything like that.

But on the other hand, the "he only started playing a few months ago from the ACL injury" keeps popping up as well. Those two statements do have some contradiction, no?

I simply think that whilst talented, he's a flawed prospect, in that he's not a good 3 point shooter, not a good defender, nor is a good rebounder either. I just don't see how he's all that great of a prospect. I think in this upcoming offseason, he needs to shed some more of that baby fat he's carried around throughout his career pre and post injury. I definitely think that could be of great benefit.

Coeur wrote:Favors for Jabari

That is really bad for Utah. Derrick Favors is a very good player, young, on a good contract and has gotten better each year.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,457

Post#35 » by jayjaysee » Sat Feb 6, 2016 12:09 am

Dame Lizard wrote:There is so much fact-pointing from Buck's fan that "Jabari is a lot more explosive than imagined", which is true. And it looks like he's not holding back due to a lack of confidence or anything like that.

But on the other hand, the "he only started playing a few months ago from the ACL injury" keeps popping up as well. Those two statements do have some contradiction, no?

Why do these things contradict themselves?

He did just tear his ACL. He is more explosive than imagined.

Those two things are both true.. Not much room for argument right? He is just twenty years old and did have a major injury last year. So

A - he is 100% already somehow and is more explosive than people expected him to be pre-injury. And he is still is a 20 year old (learning the NBA game like a rookie)

B - he isn't 100% and is more explosive than people expected him to be pre-injury and will get even quicker off the dribble once he recovers fully. And he is still a 20 year old learning the NBA game like a rookie)

Either one isn't a bad thing for Bucks fans..

And at Duke he took 3 threes a game and shot 35.8%.. So he can definitely shoot, you'd have to ask Bucks fan why he doesn't take threes. But then you'd just get told to ask Jason Kidd why he doesn't.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#36 » by Prez » Sat Feb 6, 2016 12:21 am

jayjaysee wrote:
Dame Lizard wrote:There is so much fact-pointing from Buck's fan that "Jabari is a lot more explosive than imagined", which is true. And it looks like he's not holding back due to a lack of confidence or anything like that.

Why do these things contradict themselves?

He did just tear his ACL. He is more explosive than imagined.

Those two things are both true.. Not much room for argument right? He is just twenty years old and did have a major injury last year. So

A - he is 100% already somehow and is more explosive than people expected him to be pre-injury. And he is still is a 20 year old (learning the NBA game like a rookie)

B - he isn't 100% and is more explosive than people expected him to be pre-injury and will get even quicker off the dribble once he recovers fully. And he is still a 20 year old learning the NBA game like a rookie)

Either one isn't a bad thing for Bucks fans..

And at Duke he took 3 threes a game and shot 35.8%.. So he can definitely shoot, you'd have to ask Bucks fan why he doesn't take threes. But then you'd just get told to ask Jason Kidd why he doesn't.

I didn't hear the interview myself, but according to posters on our board that did, Kidd was on a radio interview I believe yesterday and said he pretty much forbade Jabari from shooting 3s. You heard that correctly...in an era where shooting is the key to success, he literally told our #2 pick who has always been a good shooter and willing shooter in the past...to not shoot long jumpers. He did the exact same thing with Giannis last year. Jabari has shot literally just 7 threes this year and you can visibly see the hesitation in his game whenever he has the opportunity to take a jumpshot. And anyone who has ever played basketball knows that hesitation, doubt, any slight awkwardness in your jumpshot absolutely RUINS your timing, mechanics, etc.

Jabari can shoot. He just won't, because our idiot coach advises against it. I'm positive next year we'll see more of the Simeon and Duke Jabari who was draining jumpers. He's actually been really solid with the midrange in recent weeks, it's only a matter of time.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#37 » by trwi7 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 12:52 am

jayjaysee wrote:And at Duke he took 3 threes a game and shot 35.8%.. So he can definitely shoot, you'd have to ask Bucks fan why he doesn't take threes. But then you'd just get told to ask Jason Kidd why he doesn't.

Exactly this. Literally a few days ago on the radio they had Kidd on and he said that they want Jabari and Giannis to work on their 15-17 foot shot first (seriously, wtf?) and then extend out from there. Kidd literally wants them to work on one of the least efficient shots in basketball because Kidd is stupid.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,457

Post#38 » by jayjaysee » Sat Feb 6, 2016 12:59 am

trwi7 wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:And at Duke he took 3 threes a game and shot 35.8%.. So he can definitely shoot, you'd have to ask Bucks fan why he doesn't take threes. But then you'd just get told to ask Jason Kidd why he doesn't.

Exactly this. Literally a few days ago on the radio they had Kidd on and he said that they want Jabari and Giannis to work on their 15-17 foot shot first (seriously, wtf?) and then extend out from there. Kidd literally wants them to work on one of the least efficient shots in basketball because Kidd is stupid.

Well maybe it makes a little sense for G, because (I think) he never really had range, right? So Kidd is gradually pushing him back to the three.. Which is an awful idea because you don't need to be able to shoot from 15 to shoot from 25. If you learn to shoot threes, defenders respect that and you get by them and to the basket.. 15 footers usually come last in the learning curve. But at least it's a theory..

But Parker - everyone knows he can shoot threes. So there's really no argument there, no matter how horrible an argument it is for having G keep inside 20 feet. Parker can hit the three already, Milwaukee isn't teaching him how to shoot jump shots.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#39 » by Coeur » Sat Feb 6, 2016 1:13 am

Coeur wrote:Favors for Jabari

That is really bad for Utah. Derrick Favors is a very good player, young, on a good contract and has gotten better each year.[/quote]
Jabari Parker will be a better player than favors over their career. if Utah could get Parker for Favors I definitely think they should. If they could get even more from Milwaukee then they should.

Parker, mcw
For
Favors, trey Burke

Go ahead and throw a pick in there Milwaukee.
GFreak34
Bench Warmer
And1: 203

Post#40 » by GFreak34 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 3:15 am

jayjaysee wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:
Well maybe it makes a little sense for G, because (I think) he never really had range, right? So Kidd is gradually pushing him back to the three..

Giannis had a very good 3 shot range in his early years. But i m not gonna even bother sharing Greek A2 stats coz that hardly count's as a legit professional league tbh. Still, with that said, many in Greece seen him as a good 3pt shooter too. Remains to be proven though.

Return to Trades and Transactions