ATL - LAC - CLE - NYK - SAC (star shuffle)

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,296

ATL - LAC - CLE - NYK - SAC (star shuffle) 

Post#1 » by babyjax13 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 11:27 am

Yet another trade trying to move Griffin to Atlanta. This one is bigger, and probably worse.

Atlanta Trades: Al Horford ($12.0), Paul Millsap ($18.7), Jeff Teague ($8.0), Tiago Splitter ($9.8), Kent Bazemore ($2.0), Tim Hardaway Jr. ($1.3)
Atlanta Receives: Blake Griffin ($18.9), Robin Lopez ($12.7), Rudy Gay ($12.4), Jamal Crawford ($5.7), Kyle O'Quinn ($3.9)
Atlanta cashes in on all of their assets, creating a really terrifying starting five at the expense of their bench. Griffin, Lopez and Gay are all locked up long term, so they make a playoff run this season, then fill out their bench next season and are hopefully championship contenders in the east. If they drop dramatically in the standings while Griffin is out, that just means they have a high pick to fill out their depth chart with and next season they could possibly be favorites in the East depending on how free agency goes.
Schroeder-Korver-Gay-Griffin-Lopez
Mack-Crawford-Sefelosha-Scott-O'Quinn

LAC Trades: Blake Griffin ($18.9), Jamal Crawford ($5.7), Lance Stephenson ($9.0) (separate trade)
LAC Receives: Kevin Love ($19.5), Kent Bazemore ($2.0), Tim Hardaway Jr. ($1.3)
The Clippers solve their major problem at small forward, add a stretch four on a long term contract who is a perfect fit next to Jordan. They also add a backup two that has historically been able to knock down open threes and should be a decent bench player. LAC also generates a $9 million TPE by moving Lance to Cleveland. If they can swing that for a decent role player now or in the offseason, their depth would improve dramatically. I'm thinking they use the TPE and a 2nd rounder to pick up a guy like Jerebko from Boston to fill holes in their bench.
Paul-Reddick-Bazemore-Love-Jordan
Rivers-Hardaway-Johnson-LRMaM-Aldrich

CLE Trades: Kevin Love ($19.5) (and uses TPE in a separate trade)
CLE Receives: Paul Millsap ($18.7), Lance Thomas ($1.6), Lance Stephenson ($9.0) (received in separate trade for TPE)
I think Millsap is the perfect fit for Cleveland. He pulls 4s away from the hoop more effectively that Love and opens up space for LeBron to operate. Cleveland also adds some nice depth. Thomas is a reliable backup wing, and I think Stephenson should and will be Cleveland's target with their TPE. If there is anywhere he can recover some of his value, it is playing next to LeBron.

NYK Trades: Robin Lopez ($12.7), Lance Thomas ($1.6), Cleanthony Early ($.9), Kyle O'Quinn ($3.8)
NYK Receives: Jeff Teague ($8.0), Tiago Splitter ($9.8)
New York downgrades at center, but solves their major problem at point guard. This trade balances their lineup, and Splitter's passing abilities should open up the court for Porzingas. I find this part of the deal to be the hardest sell.

SAC Trades: Rudy Gay ($12.4)
SAC Receives: Al Horford ($12.0), Cleanthony Early ($.9)
Sacramento moves Casspi to the starting lineup and adds a promising backup 3 on a cheap contract. They also add Horford to show Cousins that they have a real commitment to winning.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
xccelerate
Junior
And1: 95

Re: ATL - LAC - CLE - NYK - SAC (star shuffle) 

Post#2 » by xccelerate » Sat Feb 6, 2016 12:33 pm

Has a team ever traded away 4 of their 5 starters?
This would work better without NYK and SAC. They would be hemmoraging the Hawks.

Atlanta Trades: Paul Millsap ($18.7), Kent Bazemore ($2.0), Tim Hardaway Jr. ($1.3)
Atlanta Receives: Blake Griffin ($18.9), Jamal Crawford ($5.7)

LAC Trades: Blake Griffin ($18.9), Jamal Crawford ($5.7), Lance Stephenson ($9.0) (separate trade)
LAC Receives: Kevin Love ($19.5), Kent Bazemore ($2.0), Tim Hardaway Jr. ($1.3)

CLE Trades: Kevin Love ($19.5) (and uses TPE in a separate trade)
CLE Receives: Paul Millsap ($18.7), Lance Stephenson ($9.0) (received in separate trade for TPE)

This is a definite go from the Hawks.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,731

Re: ATL - LAC - CLE - NYK - SAC (star shuffle) 

Post#3 » by DowJones » Sat Feb 6, 2016 1:50 pm

Cleveland says no very quickly.

Return to Trades and Transactions