ORL/SAC Inspired by BadWolf

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,760

ORL/SAC Inspired by BadWolf 

Post#1 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Feb 6, 2016 7:57 pm

So in BadWolf's fix the Magic thread he suggested a deal of Fournier for Collison. Which the more I thought about it the more sense it made. But it left the Magic short a wing shooter and left the Kings short on PG's. So I am expanding it slightly:

Fournier
Watson
Smith

for

Collison
Belinelli

Kings do this to get their starting 2 guard in Fournier and they clear out the Belinelli contract for a backup PG in Watson who is only gtd $5M next year and $1M the following year so he's easy to move on from if he doesn't pan out. And he and Curry are certainly capable of covering the few minutes Rondo sits each night. Smith is a nice emergency big for a year.

Magic do this to find a veteran PG to pair with Payon-but one good enough to challenge him. They also add a veteran shooter/scorer in Belinelli to help out the bench--he actually makes a really nice pairing with Payton on the 2nd unit. This also keeps them from having to give out another big contract this summer to a player they might not love.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Mrrags009
Junior
And1: 34

Re: ORL/SAC Inspired by BadWolf 

Post#2 » by Mrrags009 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 8:21 pm

Love it for Orlando ...don't know if sac wants yet another 2 coming in to supplant the almighty Mclemore
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 618

Post#3 » by sackings916 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 8:44 pm

I'm a big fan of Fournier but his effectiveness would be limited in Sac with already 3 ball dominant players in Rondo/Cousins/Gay. The Kings need a 3&D player at the 2 with how the core is currently constructed. If the Kings dont plan on keeping their big 3 intact I'm all over this deal. Otherwise Fournier wouldn't get enough touches here to justify the kind of deal he's about to get.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,760

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Feb 6, 2016 8:47 pm

sackings916 wrote:I'm a big fan of Fournier but his effectiveness would be limited in Sac with already 3 ball dominant players in Rondo/Cousins/Gay. The Kings need a 3&D player at the 2 with how the core is currently constructed. If the Kings dont plan on keeping their big 3 intact I'm all over this deal. Otherwise Fournier wouldn't get enough touches here to justify the kind of deal he's about to get.

Fournier isn't ball dominant tho. He's 4th among Magic starters in usage rate and he shoots 39% on 5 3PA. He's a plenty good shooter. I can't speak too intelligently about his defense but he can't be worse than Collison/Belinelli the players whose minutes he would be taking.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#5 » by j-ragg » Sat Feb 6, 2016 11:14 pm

Not terrible on defense. Plays help side pretty well, hard to tell cus our team is pretty awful as a whole.

Id do the trade though for Orlando.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#6 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Sat Feb 6, 2016 11:40 pm

I'm not super eager to do it. Esp. Since Fournier is an rfa correct?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#7 » by loserX » Sun Feb 7, 2016 12:12 am

The idea is interesting...though to me it kind of depends what Orlando's goals are. Are they trying to make the playoffs this year?

If not, I'd almost rather trade Fournier for future assets (picks or a younger player) and just take my chances trying to find a Collison type in FA next year. That's a gamble too, of course.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#8 » by kalenclayton » Sun Feb 7, 2016 1:49 am

I think this is solid for both parties, but loserX said it right. If Orlando is trying to make the playoffs, this makes a lot of sense. I think if I'm Orlando, I still do this deal if I'm gearing to the future. Both Belineli and Collison can provide leadership and skill to this team.
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#9 » by Gomagic44 » Sun Feb 7, 2016 2:58 am

Yes from Orlando.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#10 » by ezzzp » Sun Feb 7, 2016 3:06 am

Orlando doesn't do this trade.

Orlando GM has stated over and over that they are holding onto Fournier. He's been saying since this summer and said it again last week. They value him a lot. Of course that could be just GM posturing, but he treated the Tobias Harris situation the exact same way.

Also, Watson is hurt and due back after the all-star break. He was a key vet acquisition for the roster. Don't see Hennigan trading him away. In November, prior to getting hurt, Skiles played him a lot.
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,700

Post#11 » by Viper1500 » Sun Feb 7, 2016 6:45 am

I'd rather trade Harris before Fournier, my personal opinion. Harris is the better player at the moment, but I just prefer Gordon. Fournier is a good player off the bench who can play 3 positions, 2 very effectively.

Return to Trades and Transactions