SAC/BOS/UT Sacramento gets 5 first rounders.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,107

SAC/BOS/UT Sacramento gets 5 first rounders. 

Post#1 » by jazzfan1971 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 6:33 pm

Sacramento trades
--------------------------
Demarcus Cousins
Rudy Gay
Kosta Koufos
Darren Collison

Sacramento gets
David Lee - Expiring
Trevor Booker - Expiring
Evan Turner - Expiring
Trey Burke
Jeff Withey
2016 1st via Brooklyn
2016 1st via Dallas
2017 1st via Brooklyn
2017 1st via Golden State
2018 1st via OKC

Why for Sacramento - Sacramento turns a ton of salary into 5 first rounders. This puts them into a great tank/rebuild situation.

Boston trades
-----------------------
David Lee
Amir Johnson
Evan Turner
2016 1st via Brooklyn
2016 1st via Dallas
2017 1st via Brooklyn

Boston gets
------------------------
Demarcus Cousins
Rudy Gay
Kosta Koufos
Chris Johnson

Why for Boston: They finally move their basket of assets for an All-Star. Not just an All-Star but a dominating big man.

Jazz trade
---------------------
Trevor Booker
Trey Burke
Chris Johnson
2016 1st via Dallas
2017 1st via Brooklyn

Jazz get
--------------------
Amir Johnson
Darren Collison

Why for Utah: Utah adds a couple vets for a playoff run.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h8uhahz
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,807

Re: -KaBOOM- SAC/BOS/UT 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Feb 9, 2016 6:43 pm

Amir is a lot better player than Booker. Seems like the Jazz would get cut out since they don't add value and the Celtics would use Jerebko as salary filler.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by jazzfan1971 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 6:44 pm

Maybe, I was trying to only send expirings to Sacramento though. Does Jerebko have a team option or something?

and the Jazz are taking on 12 mil and sending out 5. So, they are contributing on the financial side. But, I suppose the Jazz could attach a couple 2nd rounders if that made things even.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
username_taken
Veteran
And1: 2,412

Post#4 » by username_taken » Tue Feb 9, 2016 7:00 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:Maybe, I was trying to only send expirings to Sacramento though. Does Jerebko have a team option or something?

and the Jazz are taking on 12 mil and sending out 5. So, they are contributing on the financial side. But, I suppose the Jazz could attach a couple 2nd rounders if that made things even.

Jerebko's deal for next season isn't guaranteed.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by jazzfan1971 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 7:24 pm

Ok, I tweaked it a bit. It's getting a bit crazy now, but might be better.

Sacramento trades
--------------------------
Demarcus Cousins
Rudy Gay
Kosta Koufos
Darren Collison

Sacramento gets
David Lee - Expiring
Trevor Booker - Expiring
Evan Turner - Expiring
Trey Burke
Jeff Withey
2016 1st via Brooklyn
2016 1st via Dallas
2017 1st via Brooklyn
2017 1st via Golden State
2018 1st via OKC

Why for Sacramento - Sacramento turns a ton of salary into 5 first rounders. This puts them into a great tank/rebuild situation.

Boston trades
-----------------------
David Lee
Amir Johnson
Evan Turner
2016 1st via Brooklyn
2016 1st via Dallas
2017 1st via Brooklyn

Boston gets
------------------------
Demarcus Cousins
Rudy Gay
Kosta Koufos
Chris Johnson

Why for Boston: They finally move their basket of assets for an All-Star. Not just an All-Star but a dominating big man.

Jazz trade
---------------------
Trevor Booker
Trey Burke
Chris Johnson
2016 1st via Dallas
2017 1st via Brooklyn

Jazz get
--------------------
Amir Johnson
Darren Collison

Why for Utah: Utah adds a couple vets for a playoff run.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h8uhahz
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 367

Re: SAC/BOS/UT Sacramento gets 5 first rounders. 

Post#6 » by Xman » Tue Feb 9, 2016 7:59 pm

The "2017 Brooklyn pick" needs to be the 2018 pick - or has to be the Boston 2017 pick and swap rights. In 2017, Boston has swap rights and would have to send its own pick if it swapped with Brooklyn.

Utah has its own firsts - and first from GS in 2017 and OKC in 2018.

And - if I am trading with Boston, I would want some of those recent first rounders that are surplus there: JYoung, Rozier, or Hunter.
pg-Rozier and sg-Hunter (or sg-young) are deep behind veterans and have talent.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by jazzfan1971 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 8:06 pm

Can I just put 'better of Boston or Brooklyn 2017 1sts'?
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#8 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Feb 9, 2016 8:29 pm

Not even close for me. We aren't doing a full blow up possibly a retool but after this we are the worst team in the league without our own 1st.

If we trade Cousins I'd rather have real young talent and I think the owners would as well. We are opening a new stadium next year I can't imagine the team wants to sell the fans on a 3 year follow up.

As bad as we have been in February we are only 5 games out of 8th place. No way we can justify a full blow up to the fans. I know it obviously doesn't matter but we went 2-8 our last 10 games, if we even go 5-5 we are talking about being 2 games out of 8th spot.

I'd rather make some moves to bring in some defense this to me is a complete non starter.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,868

Post#9 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Feb 9, 2016 8:36 pm

How about this: Lee and some juicy picks to Sacramento, Cousins to Utah, Gobert and Alex Burks to Boston.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,700

Post#10 » by Warriorfan » Tue Feb 9, 2016 8:37 pm

Only way Cousins gets traded big man talent like Okafor, Gobert has to be comming back. An Olynk Sullinger plus would have to come from Bos.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#11 » by bdpecore » Tue Feb 9, 2016 8:47 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:How about this: Lee and some juicy picks to Sacramento, Cousins to Utah, Gobert and Alex Burks to Boston.

Gobert would need to be heading back to the Kings. You can't have Sac sending out the best player just to have the 2nd best going to Boston. Lee is worthless and the only juicy picks Boston has are the 2016 & 2018 BKN ones along with the swap which are still all very much unknowns at this point. The Kings should expect a young player with top 10 potential as a starting point along with one or two unprotected 1sts. Gobert, Giannis, Porzingis, KAT, Okafor, Parker and Wiggins all fit the bill of the type of return Boogie should net the Kings.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#12 » by Daddy 801 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 9:04 pm

Jazz would never trade for Cousins.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by jazzfan1971 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 9:12 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Not even close for me. We aren't doing a full blow up possibly a retool but after this we are the worst team in the league without our own 1st.

If we trade Cousins I'd rather have real young talent and I think the owners would as well. We are opening a new stadium next year I can't imagine the team wants to sell the fans on a 3 year follow up.

As bad as we have been in February we are only 5 games out of 8th place. No way we can justify a full blow up to the fans. I know it obviously doesn't matter but we went 2-8 our last 10 games, if we even go 5-5 we are talking about being 2 games out of 8th spot.

I'd rather make some moves to bring in some defense this to me is a complete non starter.

Isn't your pick top 10 protected? I thought this would actually help you keep the pick. Maybe I misunderstood.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#14 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Feb 9, 2016 9:29 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Not even close for me. We aren't doing a full blow up possibly a retool but after this we are the worst team in the league without our own 1st.

Isn't your pick top 10 protected? I thought this would actually help you keep the pick. Maybe I misunderstood.

It is top 10 protected but if I'm correct Philly has option to switch picks with us. Knowing our luck in the draft Philly goes on a winning streak, we win the lottery and then give our pick to Philly.

Either way it's just hard to sell that to the fans. Even if you told me Brooklyn would finish 3 and the Kings would finish 6. How do we sell that to the fans? "Hey there's a new arena where we doubled the price of the tickets... come watch WCS, McLemore, and 2 rookies attempt to win 18 games!"

As another poster said I'd Cousins is being traded (and Gay, Collison, Koufos) for that matter it means Rondo is also leaving. We need to get back a player with potential and a name. Okafor, KAT, Giannis, Wiggins, something we can sell the fans. Think about the package that Minnesota got for Love. That's about what we would expect. The #1 overall plus the #1 overall from last year ( we all know Bennett sucked but it was a matter of telling the fans hey look what we got) and draft picks.

I think Cousins is better than Love by a considerable margin so I don't think it's to unrealistic. Also if we are to trade with Boston I think it has to be draft night and Brooklyn must win the #1 overall. At that point getting Simmons/Bradley/future 1st for Cousins is something we could potentially talk about. As is it is way to risky.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,534

Post#15 » by codydaze » Tue Feb 9, 2016 9:36 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:Jazz would never trade for Cousins.

You obviously didn't read the post... This seems light for Utah to me and I'm not a fan of it for Sacramento. This draft is weak and unless it's a number one pick for Simmons, we aren't getting anything special out of it.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by jazzfan1971 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 9:51 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Either way it's just hard to sell that to the fans. Even if you told me Brooklyn would finish 3 and the Kings would finish 6. How do we sell that to the fans? "Hey there's a new arena where we doubled the price of the tickets... come watch WCS, McLemore, and 2 rookies attempt to win 18 games!"

Well, you are currently on a 33 win pace. It is easier to sell that to fans next year? I'm not sure that's what I want to pay to see as a fan, but, maybe folks in Sacramento see things differently. But, assuming you hold onto all your pieces you should probably expect a similar result next season and you'll likely lose your first rounder to boot.

It's ok though, if you don't want to blow it up you don't. It's just one way to approach things.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#17 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:08 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Either way it's just hard to sell that to the fans. Even if you told me Brooklyn would finish 3 and the Kings would finish 6. How do we sell that to the fans? "Hey there's a new arena where we doubled the price of the tickets... come watch WCS, McLemore, and 2 rookies attempt to win 18 games!"

Well, you are currently on a 33 win pace. It is easier to sell that to fans next year? I'm not sure that's what I want to pay to see as a fan, but, maybe folks in Sacramento see things differently. But, assuming you hold onto all your pieces you should probably expect a similar result next season and you'll likely lose your first rounder to boot.

It's ok though, if you don't want to blow it up you don't. It's just one way to approach things.

Less than a month ago we had a 5 game win streak, were sitting in 8th place, and shooting for 40-45 wins. Fast foward a month we lost 8 of 10 and are talking about firing the coach. I think all Kings fans know we were clearly on the right track. I still have hope for this season and I wouldn't get ahead of yourself. We are 5 games behind the Jazz with 30 left to play. That's after a complete mess 10 game stretch. We can easily surpass the Jazz and now with the news Gasol is lost for possibly the season I think we are going to be buyers this deadline not sellers.

I really wouldn't change to much. Try to get pieces that fit a bit better and more defense and see if we can hit 40 wins. Not saying it's going to be easy but it's definitely possible.

Plus when you have been out of the playoffs 10 years, it's much easier to sell the fans that hey we we were this close, we are going to improve and tweak a few things and try to get there, than well we tried but it didn't work after 50 games so wait another 4 years before we can even think about the playoffs thanks!

Return to Trades and Transactions