Teague and Korver - offers?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 367

Teague and Korver - offers? 

Post#1 » by Xman » Tue Feb 9, 2016 9:12 pm

If ATL cleans house then these guys should go as the rumor thread has suggested.

ATL new core: Shroder/Milsap/Bazemore.

So main pieces to deal:
Horford (other post for him)
Teague
Korver
Thabo

All three of those guys are shooters. Thabo and Korver are old and Korver is a little off this year. I am not sure that Korver and Thabo are holding much value at this point.

Veteran teams will be the most likely to push for them due to age - although Teague is not that old.
CLE does not have much to offer than a TPE - I can see it going for Teague or Korver or Asik or etc.
Houston needs and could use them all.
Several others?

Teague: Other than veteran teams, Utah has to be an option - and multiple posts dealing with him going there.
- other options?
Miami: Teague+Korver+Thabo for Winslow+Deng+CAnderson: I kind of doubt Miami does this but bringing in all three makes them a lot better this year.
Houston: Thabo+Korver+Teague for TLawson+Harrell+Dekker+tJones+next available first. Three prospects and an expiring plus a pick for two older guys and a pg that is surplus but good? maybe. Probably a smaller version might work.

What is available?
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Re: Teague and Korver - offers? 

Post#2 » by tiderulz » Tue Feb 9, 2016 9:21 pm

have to imagine Houston would laugh at that offer. That is a bit much to ask for, players alone. Throwing in a pick too, no way i could see Morey doing anything like that. Korver and Thabo dont have that much value
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,700

Post#3 » by Warriorfan » Tue Feb 9, 2016 9:21 pm

thabo korver for jason Thompson, can be only 800k on books, Looney
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,273

Post#4 » by mademan » Tue Feb 9, 2016 9:23 pm

Id definately throw in a pick for Korver, from the Raps. Think he'd be awesome as a backup SF; we dont have enough shooters
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#5 » by Andre Roberstan » Tue Feb 9, 2016 9:25 pm

Probably an underpay, but I'd send Morrow/CHA 2nd/McGary/salary for Korver.
ThatBoyNick
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,423

Post#6 » by ThatBoyNick » Tue Feb 9, 2016 9:32 pm

tiderulz wrote:have to imagine Houston would laugh at that offer. That is a bit much to ask for, players alone. Throwing in a pick too, no way i could see Morey doing anything like that. Korver and Thabo dont have that much value

We wouldn't laugh at that offer.

Lawson is a nonG/expiring who hasn't worked well in Hou, Jones is a RFA which we need to trade since we will likely be keeping Dmo, Dekker is a rookie coming off of surgery and Harrell is a 2nd(looks impressive though). Adding a pick to that wouldn't be a problem if we can get Teague and Korver without trading Ariza.

Question is if the Hawk's** would be interested.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#7 » by tiderulz » Tue Feb 9, 2016 9:39 pm

ThatBoyNick wrote:
tiderulz wrote:have to imagine Houston would laugh at that offer. That is a bit much to ask for, players alone. Throwing in a pick too, no way i could see Morey doing anything like that. Korver and Thabo dont have that much value

Lawson is a nonG/expiring who hasn't worked well in Hou, Jones is a RFA which we need to trade since we will likely be keeping Dmo, Dekker is a rookie coming off of surgery and Harrell is a 2nd(looks impressive though). Adding a pick to that wouldn't be a problem if we can get Teague and Korver without reading Ariza.

Question is if the Hakmwka would be interested.

well okay, im set straight.
12buckets
Pro Prospect
And1: 273

Re: RE: Re: Teague and Korver - offers? 

Post#8 » by 12buckets » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:14 am

ThatBoyNick wrote:

Lawson is a nonG/expiring who hasn't worked well in Hou, Jones is a RFA which we need to trade since we will likely be keeping Dmo, Dekker is a rookie coming off of surgery and Harrell is a 2nd(looks impressive though). Adding a pick to that wouldn't be a problem if we can get Teague and Korver without trading Ariza.

Question is if the Hawk's** would be interested.

Did I just read a RealGM poster not wildly overrate his own teams young players??? I need to sit down for a second.
Give me a Tommy Point!
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,808

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:18 am

People are undervaluing Kyle Korver again. His down year is still good and I guarantee you he still will provide elite spacing because teams are still going to show him massive respect as a shooter.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Austincys21
Veteran
And1: 733

Post#10 » by Austincys21 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:33 am

Warriors should pursue Korver !!!!
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#11 » by lakerhater » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:27 am

Austincys21 wrote:Warriors should pursue Korver !!!!

He's on the decline, is a poor defender and GSW already has plenty of 3 point shooting. Translated that means GSW has no interest in him.
xccelerate
Junior
And1: 95

Post#12 » by xccelerate » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:55 am

lakerhater wrote:

He's on the decline, is a poor defender and GSW already has plenty of 3 point shooting. Translated that means GSW has no interest in him.

He's actually been Top-10 among shooting guards in defensive real plus-minus. http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM/position/2
Korver is an average defender that hasn't been able to break this false 'can't defend' moniker that gets placed on good shooters.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,837

Post#13 » by giberish » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:59 am

xccelerate wrote:
lakerhater wrote:

He's actually been Top-10 among shooting guards in defensive real plus-minus. http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM/position/2
Korver is an average defender that he hasn't been able to break this false 'can't defend' moniker that gets placed on good shooters.

The bigger issue is that GS is light on expendable trade assets. So they could only make a real cheap offer that other teams would beat.
ThatBoyNick
Assistant Coach

Post#14 » by ThatBoyNick » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:20 am

Teague, Jones to Indy

Ariza, KJ, Pacers '16 lotto protected 1st to Hawks

Hill, Korver to Rockets
cochiseuofm
Veteran
And1: 609

Post#15 » by cochiseuofm » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:59 am

ThatBoyNick wrote:Teague, Jones to Indy

Hill, Korver to Rockets

I would have guessed you were a Houston fan without seeing your team affiliations under your name...this is a ridiculously good trade for the Rockets who give up the least and get the most.
ThatBoyNick
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by ThatBoyNick » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:13 am

cochiseuofm wrote:
ThatBoyNick wrote:Teague, Jones to Indy

Hill, Korver to Rockets

I would have guessed you were a Houston fan without seeing your team affiliations under your name...this is a ridiculously good trade for the Rockets who give up the least and get the most.

Its Ariza for Hill.... Which makes sense and is fair value for the Hawks, and then KJ and Jones(adds value to the Pacers so they add 1 rd pick) for Korver basically. Where is the value way off? Is Korver worth way more then Jones who is worth a late 1st, and KJ who is worth about 2 seconds? Or do you view Hill as having way more value then Ariza?

I could see adding a 2nd or two for the Hawks (from rox and pacers) but I don't think the base of the trade is nuts.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,564

Post#17 » by jpengland » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:11 am

dbrandon wrote:Probably an underpay, but I'd send Morrow/CHA 2nd/McGary/salary for Korver.

I posted on another thread but////

Payne and McGary for Korver.

Korver is a near perfect fit with OKC, yes the price is two solid young players but it makes them even more of a championship threat. Could add a 2nd or two from Atlanta for value if needed?

This is obviously on the assumption that Teague is moved, Payne comes in as back up PG straight away and with Horford moving there is plenty of minutes to develop McGary.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,564

Post#18 » by jpengland » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:14 am

lakerhater wrote:

The poor defender thing is waayyyy out of date.

He's developed himself into a very smart team defender who plays within a scheme and makes life difficult for his man. Nevermind the impact that chasing him through screens has on the guy defending him.

He's certainly not 'lockdown' - but he has a positive impact teamwide and on his matchup.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#19 » by bondom34 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:16 am

jpengland wrote:
dbrandon wrote:Probably an underpay, but I'd send Morrow/CHA 2nd/McGary/salary for Korver.

I posted on another thread but////

Payne and McGary for Korver.

Korver is a near perfect fit with OKC, yes the price is two solid young players but it makes them even more of a championship threat. Could add a 2nd or two from Atlanta for value if needed?

This is obviously on the assumption that Teague is moved, Payne comes in as back up PG straight away and with Horford moving there is plenty of minutes to develop McGary.

Yeah, wouldn't give Payne at all, he's important to the rotation and more valuable.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#20 » by Mich3006 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:15 pm

In case of the discussed Teague-Dipo trade:
What about Teague, Horford, Sefolosha for Oladipo, Vucevic, Watson?

Return to Trades and Transactions