Monroe to Portland

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Monroe to Portland 

Post#1 » by BadWolf » Tue Feb 9, 2016 11:15 pm

Monroe for Vonleh, Crabbe

Bucks are a poor fit for Monroe, who isn't playing bad per se. The team probably realized they're more then a year away and will want to reload, try again. They start Henson till the end of the year, see what's Vonleh got and make him a stretch 4 of the future. fits their defensive minded team to down the line. Crabbe will need a payday soon, looks like a solid 6th man that adds shooting. Maybe they get a bit higher id the draft doing this to and there are some nice big man prospects.

Portland, on the other hand, is on the 8th spot and don't want to be Phoenix, they add a pice that fits and fight on. The frontcourt is a bit loaded but Monroe would play great with either Plumlee or Davis.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Re: Monroe to Portland 

Post#2 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 11:23 pm

If crabbe had more years left on his deal, but is a rental at this point
old ball coach
Junior
And1: 36

Post#3 » by old ball coach » Tue Feb 9, 2016 11:24 pm

Evrybody is on a Monroe is the worst player in the world kick so Portland fans will say no let's just keep moose please
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,772

Post#4 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Feb 9, 2016 11:31 pm

Easy yes.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Malapropism
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,411

Post#5 » by Malapropism » Tue Feb 9, 2016 11:41 pm

Easy no for Portland. Like, too easy.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,808

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Feb 9, 2016 11:50 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:If crabbe had more years left on his deal, but is a rental at this point

He's restricted.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#7 » by Bentley1225 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 11:52 pm

Portland counters with an Ed Davis for Greg Monroe swap.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,808

Post#8 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Feb 9, 2016 11:53 pm

old ball coach wrote:Evrybody is on a Monroe is the worst player in the world kick

literally no one is on that kick. And most of the Monroe OP's are from one Buck fan.

People are doubting his fit with the Bucks--which I think is more than fair considering their season to-date. Obviously there are other factors to consider, but that doesn't mean he's not worth examining.

Let's stick to evaluating this proposal and not the sense of persecution you feel.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,141

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 11:53 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:Portland counters with an Ed Davis for Greg Monroe swap.

Bucks should be all over that and Portland easily declines the OP.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,407

Post#10 » by Blazinaway » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:04 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:Portland counters with an Ed Davis for Greg Monroe swap.

Bucks should be all over that and Portland easily declines the OP.

Ed is staying if Monroe is coming here, you can have Meyers and Crabbe and Vonleh stays, Meyers might be a good fit with Henson. And frankly I don't think I want Monroe in any case, we need a defensive stopper at C with Lillard and CJ as our guards
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,482

Post#11 » by jayjaysee » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:00 am

Isn't Vonleh the value piece here not Crabbe? Of all the offers Portland got for Batum - I assume they got plenty - they choose him. I doubt they expected much from him this season, what he has shown is he can already play in the league and was improving with more opp throughout the year.

I wouldn't want this at all as a Blazer fan and would love it as a Milwaukee fan.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#12 » by Dcebucks11 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:05 am

sure
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,166

Post#13 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:44 am

Yup, hard no from Portland. How many of these Monroe-to-Portland trades are we going to suffer through?

At least, if history proves anything, getting Monroe would practically guarantee the Blazers end up in the lottery... :roll:
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#14 » by Smitty731 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:04 am

I feel like Crabbe is being underrated here. He's a lot better than most people realize. If Portland played at 7 PM EST instead of 10 PM EST, a lot more people would know how good that kid is.
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#15 » by Soulyss » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:22 pm

Yeah Portland says No, but I think Monroe is talented and has value. He's as bad a fit with Portland's guards as he is with Milwaukee. The Blazers need a rim-protector, not another guy who needs "touches in the offense".
oldfishermen
Junior
And1: 73

Post#16 » by oldfishermen » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:08 pm

I do not see the Blazers giving up any assets to take on Monroe.

Reason. Last summer, Blazer's owner Paul Allen, GM Oslhey and Coach Stotts all flew out to DC to meet with FA Monroe. They offered him a max contract. It was Monroe that decided to sign with the Bucks, and not with the Blazers.

Monroe did not want to play in Portland and turned down the Blazers. The Blazers used that roster spot and some of that FA money to go in a different direction. The Blazers needs are now different than they where last summer when they wanted Monroe.
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Post#17 » by patman52 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:16 pm

oldfishermen wrote:I do not see the Blazers giving up any assets to take on Monroe.

Reason. Last summer, Blazer's owner Paul Allen, GM Oslhey and Coach Stotts all flew out to DC to meet with FA Monroe. They offered him a max contract. It was Monroe that decided to sign with the Bucks, and not with the Blazers.

Monroe did not want to play in Portland and turned down the Blazers. The Blazers used that roster spot and some of that FA money to go in a different direction. The Blazers needs are now different than they where last summer when they wanted Monroe.

I made a similar point in another thread. Why trade for a player who has 1 year and an option for a player who was not a fit from his prospective last year. Monroe would have to let go the players 2017-18 option.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,043

Post#18 » by Magic Giannison » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:23 pm

Its funny how people downgrade one of the most versatile offensive C in the league to some guy that got not value at all.
He is 25 people,just because he is bad fit to us doesnt mean he isn't good, he got 27 DD so far and is very good on offense.
Put him next to a good PF defender and he is fantastic for the team.If Jabari was a good defender we wouldn't ever think of trading Monroe .
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,529

Post#19 » by zzaj » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:15 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:Its funny how people downgrade one of the most versatile offensive C in the league to some guy that got not value at all.
He is 25 people,just because he is bad fit to us doesnt mean he isn't good, he got 27 DD so far and is very good on offense.
Put him next to a good PF defender and he is fantastic for the team.If Jabari was a good defender we wouldn't ever think of trading Monroe .

The reason Monroe is getting Downgraded here is fit for MOST teams.

1) He'd need to be paired with a good, rim protecting, defensive PF who ideally could hit an outside shot (quick, how many teams have those in the league?)

2) The guards that he plays with both need to be able to shoot well from outside, and at least one not be reliant on interior scoring.

...you filter those constraints through the lens of subtracting all the good, playoff teams who don't want to make a change mid-season and all the rest who would rather gamble with the assets they have and hope for a high draft pick...

And you get not many teams interested in Greg Monroe and him coming off as under-valued.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,886

Post#20 » by JasonStern » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:15 pm

I can't see Portland trading two of their better young prospects for Monroe.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups

Return to Trades and Transactions