BOS / ORL / ATL / LAC Blockbuster

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

BOS / ORL / ATL / LAC Blockbuster 

Post#1 » by Skin » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:48 pm

BOS receives: Al Horford (12M), Channing Frye (8M), Pablo Prigioni (1M), ATL 2nd 2016
BOS sends: David Lee (15M), James Sullinger (2M), Kelly Olynyk (2M), James Young (2M), MIN 1st 2016 (protected 1-12; if not conveyed turns into 2 2nd rounders), DAL 1st 2016
Out: 21M
In: 21M
Starters: Smart/Bradley/Crowder/Johnson/Horford

Why: Lee is unhappy with his role, BOS has been linked to Horford, and ATL doesn't seem to be willing to let him go cheaply. Frye has 2 more years on his deal and can provide the stretch 4 presence being sought after.

-----------------------------------------------

ORL receives: Jeff Teague (8M), Blake Griffin (19M), Tim Hardaway Jr (1.5M), Shelvin Mack (2.5M)
ORL sends: Victor Oladipo (5M), Tobias Harris (16M), Evan Fournier (2), Channing Frye (8M), 2016 1st (lottery protected)
Out: 31M
In: 31M
Starters: Teague/Hezonja/Gordon/Griffin/Vucevic

Why: ORL is trying to get something big done very desperately. Every idea is on the table in order to land a star like Griffin. Lots of talent cleared off the shelf, but room is cleared for Hezonja to step into a starters role with THJ as his backup.

ATL receives: Victor Oladipo (5M), Kelly Olynyk (2), David Lee (15M), James Young (2M)
ATL sends: Al Horford (12M), Jeff Teague (8M), Tim Hardaway Jr (1.5M), Shelvin Mack (2.5M), ATL 2nd 2016
Out: 24M
In: 24M
Starters: Schroeder/Oladipo/Bazemore/Millsap/Splitter

Why: ATL is rumored to crave a Schroeder/Oladipo backcourt. They also want to get younger and maintain competitiveness. Oladipo, Olynyk and Young are young emerging talents on rookie deals that don't expire soon... fitting the search for ATL. Lee is a serviceable big that can help this year, while coming off the books this summer as they seek to extend Bazemore and make other plays in FA. Horford is an UFA and Teague is an UFA next year, so they can't be too picky in terms of compensation.

LAC receives: Harris (16M), Fournier (2M), Sullinger (2M), ORL 1st (lottery protected), DAL 1st 2016, MIN 1st 2016 (protected 1-12; if not conveyed turns into 2 2nd rounders)
LAC sends: Blake Griffin (19M), Pablo Prigioni (1M)
Out: 20M
In: 20M
Starters: Paul/Redick/Harris/Sullinger/Jordan

Why: Rivers has dangled Griffin's name on the rumor mill because he thinks he can get the biggest return. This deal is loaded for the Clippers. At 23 years old, Harris fills the SF spot that they have long been trying to fill. He would be a good 3rd option for them and is locked into a very fair deal in terms of the new CBA standards. Jamal Crawford will be a 36 year old UFA. Stephenson has a Team Option. Acquiring Fournier before the deadline will allow the Clippers to get his Bird Rights and match his best offer while being over the cap. Sully is a downgrade from Griffin, but is a better shooter. Factor in 3 1st round picks into the deal and this is as sweet as it can get for LAC's expectations.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
uraverage
Rookie
And1: 461

Re: BOS / ORL / ATL / LAC Blockbuster 

Post#2 » by uraverage » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:55 pm

Nice try i like it for Orlando, but just can't see Victor Oladipo (5M), Tobias Harris (16M), Evan Fournier (2), Channing Frye (8M), 2016 1st (lottery protected) getting both Griffin and Teague.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#3 » by loserX » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:55 pm

Sorry, no way does that Magic package bring back Griffin and Teague. (And lotto-protecting your pick is a bit cheeky, no?)

I will say that I think Teague is perfect for Orlando. If you did a small deal where you got him for young pieces, you might have something. The rest of this is just not plausible.
bigfoot_cryptozoology
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,294

Post#4 » by bigfoot_cryptozoology » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:56 pm

You would never know this was an Orlando fan trying to use other teams to heist Griffin for themselves. :)
The Clippers would be better off cutting the Magic out and concentrating on sending Griffin to the Celtics
or Atlanta, your proposal is not providing them with either a Top 5 pick or a Star. How can they trade Griffin for that?
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,700

Post#5 » by Viper1500 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:58 pm

Orlando would need to add more. Would gladly add the '18 LAL pick.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Skin
RealGM

Post#6 » by Skin » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:12 pm

bigfoot_cryptozoology wrote:You would never know this was an Orlando fan trying to use other teams to heist Griffin for themselves. :)
The Clippers would be better off cutting the Magic out and concentrating on sending Griffin to the Celtics
or Atlanta, your proposal is not providing them with either a Top 5 pick or a Star. How can they trade Griffin for that?

What would they get back from BOS or ATL?
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
bigfoot_cryptozoology
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by bigfoot_cryptozoology » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:17 pm

Well, Boston could offer them the 2016 Brooklyn pick, Crowder, Bradley, a young Big Man and the 2018 or so Memphis pick.
Atlanta, it would be Horford, Teague and the Hawks 2016 1st.
Skin
RealGM

Post#8 » by Skin » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:21 pm

loserX wrote:Sorry, no way does that Magic package bring back Griffin and Teague. (And lotto-protecting your pick is a bit cheeky, no?)

I will say that I think Teague is perfect for Orlando. If you did a small deal where you got him for young pieces, you might have something. The rest of this is just not plausible.

Here's my thinking... Oladipo for Teague is overpay. Teague is 27 and an UFA next year. I know Griffin is tough to get back, but I really don't think the value of Harris, Fournier, Sullinger and 3 1st rounders is an offer that LAC would just say no way to. I guess I don't know what other offers LAC is getting for Griffin.

Paul, Redick, Harris, Sullinger, Jordan... that team can fight.
Skin
RealGM

Post#9 » by Skin » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:24 pm

bigfoot_cryptozoology wrote:Well, Boston could offer them the 2016 Brooklyn pick, Crowder, Bradley, a young Big Man and the 2018 or so Memphis pick.
Atlanta, it would be Horford, Teague and the Hawks 2016 1st.

That BOS offer is very interesting. Who's the young big man?

That ATL offer is very weak.
bigfoot_cryptozoology
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by bigfoot_cryptozoology » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:35 pm

Well, it's better than what is being offered in the original deal. :)

Well, if I'm the Clippers I'd ask for Olynyk, if I'm the Celtics I'd offer Zeller,
in the end they could compromise with Sullinger.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,494

Post#11 » by dms269 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:22 pm

I don't really see the value in the original deal for Atlanta. I think most teams see Lee as just being a salary filler and I don't think Young has a crazy amount of value. Even if Oladipo>Teague, I think Horford>>>Olynyk.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24

Return to Trades and Transactions