What would you give for Porzingis

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Re: What would you give for Porzingis 

Post#41 » by DirtyDez » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:49 am

rsavaj wrote:anything you want from Phoenix other than Booker

Correct. Even the #1 pick if so.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
taikibansei
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,636

Post#42 » by taikibansei » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:26 am

Crossy2008 wrote:As improbable as it is that Porzingis will be traded, I think New York should try to pick a direction this offseason. They have no draft picks this offseason, and their roster is very thin. Meanwhile, they have a relatively small amount of cap space to work with.

:crazy: The Knicks should have about 30 million this summer.

Crossy2008 wrote:If New York traded both Zinger and Melo they might end up in a better situation sooner than later.

So, my Porzingis offer is with the Celtics.

Celtics send: Amir, Rozier, #3, #16, #31, #35.
Knicks send Porzingis, Lopez

This is a multipurpose trade for New York as they get out of Lopez's contract by acquiring the non guaranteed contract of Amir. They also get a very solid and very young point guard in Rozier, as well as four draft picks in this year's draft. With the third pick they can draft Bender and hope he is another Porzingis, or at least very close.

So, your plan for the Knicks is to have them trade their three best players (Melo, Zinger and Lopez) for crap players and picks in a weak draft...and pray that one of the picks works out to be nearly as good as their current rookie? :crazy:
THIN MAN HAS NO HEART!
Crossy2008
Sixth Man
And1: 1,163

Post#43 » by Crossy2008 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:45 am

taikibansei wrote:
Crossy2008 wrote:As improbable as it is that Porzingis will be traded, I think New York should try to pick a direction this offseason. They have no draft picks this offseason, and their roster is very thin. Meanwhile, they have a relatively small amount of cap space to work with.

:crazy: The Knicks should have about 30 million this summer.

Crossy2008 wrote:If New York traded both Zinger and Melo they might end up in a better situation sooner than later.

So, my Porzingis offer is with the Celtics.

Celtics send: Amir, Rozier, #3, #16, #31, #35.
Knicks send Porzingis, Lopez

This is a multipurpose trade for New York as they get out of Lopez's contract by acquiring the non guaranteed contract of Amir. They also get a very solid and very young point guard in Rozier, as well as four draft picks in this year's draft. With the third pick they can draft Bender and hope he is another Porzingis, or at least very close.

So, your plan for the Knicks is to have them trade their three best players (Melo, Zinger and Lopez) for crap players and picks in a weak draft...and pray that one of the picks works out to be nearly as good as their current rookie? :crazy:

The Knicks will have the 16th most max potential cap space going into the summer. I think we might all be in for a surprise at how little 30 mil will get you. A lot of people have a concept of what cap space is worth and 30 mil sounds like it can get a lot, but what you think a player is worth will be worth that plus another 30%, at least.

Also, there three best players finished with the third worst record in the East, while staying relative healthy all year. This is going to be the great summer of hope for a lot of teams to turn a corner, but I think we will have a lot of the impact players resigning with their teams much like last season.

New York is just as likely to overpay a couple players with long term contracts and only marginally improve, than they are to sign a couple guys and magically turn things around. Besides they actually have their own pick next year, so breaking things down this year while going for a top pick next year maybe a good one year plan.

Also, we all know that the scenario that involves New York trading Kristap is not going to happen, but I played along.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,782

Post#44 » by spree8 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:52 am

As others have mentioned, Kp6 is practically untradeable for NY.

If they were to trade him it wouldn't be for an unproven player. Not sure if I'd even trade him for Simmons or Ingram to be honest. And definitely not any player outside of the top 2 this year...that'd be dumb.

I would think that if anything, it'd be for a player like DeMarcus Cousins. Something like Kp, RoLo, and JGrant for him...if the Kings ever decided to move on.
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#45 » by Zion Wembanyama » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:30 am

Anything not named Anthony Davis.

I'll settle for Davis/Bender 2016 though.
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,958

Post#46 » by Domejandro » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:48 am

I would trade #1, Gorgui Dieng, and pick-swaps forever for Kristaps Porzingis.
spidythejoe
Rookie
And1: 80

Post#47 » by spidythejoe » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:51 am

Zing, Grant and Calderon for Demarcus Cousins
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#48 » by KF10 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:44 am

spidythejoe wrote:Zing, Grant and Calderon for Demarcus Cousins

How does a Boogie & Melo combo look like? Do the Knicks have enough cap to grab a max or near max player from FA?

Boogie, Melo and max player isn't all that bad big 3, imo. Assuming the fit is solid.

From the Kings' side, this is as good or better than this year's 1st overall pick offer. Grant and Calderon doesn't interest me at all. I tried to look for more value in the Knicks roster but they have very little to offer outside of Porzingis in a potential Cousins deal.

That being said, a Porzingis, WCS, #8 (Dunn?) foundation isn't all that bad at all. Plus guys like Casspi, Collison, Curry, KK to supplement such foundation is not too shabby itself either. Move Rudy to the highest bidder and now we see something real decent in Sacramento, imo.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,034

Post#49 » by Reign23 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:37 am

lot of very cool offers.
smart + #1/2/3
randle + #2
#1+#24
cousins
are the best imo.
the "everything" from ATL, TOR, PHO(-booker), NO(-davis) and #1,dieng + pick swaps forever from MIN are also nice but not that realistic imo :D
formerly known as knickst4pe
BullBearBidness
Pro Prospect
And1: 379

Post#50 » by BullBearBidness » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:58 am

Butler + #14 pick for Porzingis
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Post#51 » by Knickfan1982 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:39 pm

Crossy2008 wrote:Also, we all know that the scenario that involves New York trading Kristap is not going to happen, but I played along.

You played a long but the offer (Celtics send: Amir, Rozier, #3, #16, #31, #35 for Porzingis and Lopez) was just awful. If the Knicks decided on a complete rebuild then there are pieces of that deal that I'd be willing to take in exchange for Lopez alone. But we can do better for Zinger.
The Knicks will have the 16th most max potential cap space going into the summer. I think we might all be in for a surprise at how little 30 mil will get you. A lot of people have a concept of what cap space is worth and 30 mil sounds like it can get a lot, but what you think a player is worth will be worth that plus another 30%, at least. Also, there three best players finished with the third worst record in the East, while staying relative healthy all year. This is going to be the great summer of hope for a lot of teams to turn a corner, but I think we will have a lot of the impact players resigning with their teams much like last season.

The problem with that line of thinking is that the Eastern Conference is much weaker than the Western Conference. It won't take much for the Knicks to get back to the playoffs. We were already on the verge of playoff contention until we completely collapsed in February. Our two biggest weaknesses were clearly our coaching (which won't be solved by cap space anyway) and our backcourt. But we don't need to necessarily throw a ton of money at that problem either. Eric Gordon, Ty Lawson and Brandon Jennings have aspects of their game that would help the team immensely. At the very least any of those guys would represent an upgrade over the ultra slow Jose Calderon. With their injury history and/or personality issues we should be able to bring them in at a price that is lower than someone their talent level would normally warrant. We'd still have the money to bring in a guy to help hold down the opposing teams best wing. That could mean the soon to be overpaid Kent Bazemore, the less well known Evan Turner or more under the radar guys like Jared Dudley. If we're able to bring in two of those guys we should automatically be a better team. Then you still have to account for the expected growth in Zinger and Grant. Plus Tony Wroten should be healthy and there is a lot to like about that young guy. With steady play from Melo and Lopez, improvement from Zinger and Grant, a healthy Wroten, a good new coach and 2 of those guys I mentioned about and you'll get a much better Knicks team.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Post#52 » by Knickfan1982 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:42 pm

KF10 wrote:
spidythejoe wrote:Zing, Grant and Calderon for Demarcus Cousins

How does a Boogie & Melo combo look like? Do the Knicks have enough cap to grab a max or near max player from FA?

Boogie, Melo and max player isn't all that bad big 3, imo. Assuming the fit is solid.

Yes. That deal shouldn't affect the Knicks cap in any real way as long as Afflalo and Williams opt out as expected. Plus with Cousins in town we'd have the flexibility to deal Robin Lopez for more cap room or assets.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.

Return to Trades and Transactions