Draft Night : LAL/ATL/SAC - LAL receive Millsap and DMC

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

yanuary
Rookie
And1: 608

Draft Night : LAL/ATL/SAC - LAL receive Millsap and DMC 

Post#1 » by yanuary » Thu May 5, 2016 3:17 am

(Lakers keep pick in top2)

Atlanta Hawks trade : Paul Millsap, Kyle Korver, Jeff Teague
Atlanta Hawks receive : #1-2, #32, #59, Ben McLemore, Nick Young, Lou Williams
Why? : They want rebuild - and go all in for Simmons or Ingram. In next 2 years they will fight to get best spot before lotteries, so weak players dont hurt them and they looking for any young players or picks. Schroeder+Hardaway+Simmons/Ingram and they have time.

Sacramento Kings trade : DeMarcus Cousins, Ben McLemore, #59
Sacramento Kings receive : D'Angelo Russell, Julius Randle
Why? : Year by year we have the same story. But DMC contract expires in 2018 and this is really good price for him. Russell-Randle-WCS and fresh start.

Los Angeles Lakers trade : #1-2, #32, D'Angelo Russell, Nick Young, Lou Williams, Julius Randle
Los Angeles Lakers receive : DeMarcus Cousins, Paul Millsap, Kyle Korver, Jeff Teague
Why? : Im a Laker fan and this deal its not my dream (prefer just trade pick if LAL keep pick, not add Randle or Russell, really cant wait to see them under normal coach). But i understand that Mitch & Jim have deadline. Teague-Korver-Millsap-DMC, + Nance, A.Brown, J.Clarkson (cap hold) and +- 40 mln $ for free agents. It could be contender (yes, i think about KD).
clyde21 wrote:sell high on Ingram, this is Zion's team now, there is no room for that black hole that is BI

clyde21 wrote:bench Ingram for NAW, already a better player
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,521

Re: Draft Night : LAL/ATL/SAC - LAL receive Millsap and DMC 

Post#2 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu May 5, 2016 3:23 am

yanuary wrote:Sacramento Kings trade : DeMarcus Cousins, Ben McLemore, #59
Sacramento Kings receive : D'Angelo Russell, Julius Randle
Why? : Year by year we have the same story. But DMC contract expires in 2018 and this is really good price for him. Russell-Randle-WCS and fresh start.

This feels definitely light to Sac for me. I'm not a believer in Randle, and Russell had an up and down season. To put it into comparison, I would take a top 2 pick in this draft over Russell + Randle. So if the thread is starting that LAL gets a top 2 pick, assuming Cousins is gettable, it would have to have that pick gong their way imo.
yanuary
Rookie
And1: 608

Post#3 » by yanuary » Thu May 5, 2016 3:29 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:This feels definitely light to Sac for me. I'm not a believer in Randle, and Russell had an up and down season. To put it into comparison, I would take a top 2 pick in this draft over Russell + Randle. So if the thread is starting that LAL gets a top 2 pick, assuming Cousins is gettable, it would have to have that pick gong their way imo.

I got your point and yes i prefer simple swap 1-2 for Cousins. But i would never trade DLO+JR for Simmons or Ingram, so this is a difference.
clyde21 wrote:sell high on Ingram, this is Zion's team now, there is no room for that black hole that is BI

clyde21 wrote:bench Ingram for NAW, already a better player
Jwduff
Pro Prospect
And1: 155

Post#4 » by Jwduff » Thu May 5, 2016 3:40 am

I dont like it for the Lakers as they shouldnt be in a rush to be good because no matter what they do they wont come close to SA, GS, or OKC. pretty solid value for the Hawks except i dont them taking Nick Young and LouWill. The last part isnt enough for Demarcus as i think Deangelo has about #3 value in this draft so that plus Randle, whos playing in the wrong era, doesnt net you Boogie. If Lakers got a top 2 pick and just ride it out.
Russell
Clarkson
Ingram
Randle/Nance
Whiteside?
with more caproom is pretty damn good start if you ask me
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,521

Post#5 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu May 5, 2016 4:08 am

yanuary wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:This feels definitely light to Sac for me. I'm not a believer in Randle, and Russell had an up and down season. To put it into comparison, I would take a top 2 pick in this draft over Russell + Randle. So if the thread is starting that LAL gets a top 2 pick, assuming Cousins is gettable, it would have to have that pick gong their way imo.

I got your point and yes i prefer simple swap 1-2 for Cousins. But i would never trade DLO+JR for Simmons or Ingram, so this is a difference.

I would do that trade as well. I don't see much in Randle, and Ingram offers enough over Russell that I absolutely view that as a consolidation trade and a win for LAL. People will be all over the map on what Simmons is as a prospect, but if you believe in his upside it is still worth it.

More generally, I think LAL is one of the very very very few horribly bad teams that can try and rush things and trade multiple high picks for a Cousins. Because they have a legit shot at pairing that Cousins (or other player), and keeping them in 2-3 years. So I agree that direction looks better than spinning the wheel for a somewhat more promising prospect. But if spinning the wheel, I would still do it at that cost.
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,451

Post#6 » by rpa » Thu May 5, 2016 4:16 am

Pretty crappy value for Cousins here. Randle looks like nothing more than a backup caliber big and Russell looked OK this year.
chefdan
Sophomore
And1: 70

Post#7 » by chefdan » Thu May 5, 2016 4:19 am

Big No from the hawks. Sorry, we wouldn't give up 3 starters I return for 1, that being the pick. One of the incoming players would have to be an established starter. Maybe Nance from LA instead of Swaggy P and Collision instead of McLemore.

But until the Hawks know what happens with Horford there's no reason to think they need to rebuild this drastically.
SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,759

Post#8 » by SactoKingsFan » Thu May 5, 2016 4:45 am

Not much trade value in Young, so the Lakers are just sending out top 2 pick, #32, Williams and unproven players in Randle and Russell and they receive a huge return of DMC, Millsap, Korver and Teague. That's just unreasonable.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
warren weel im
Lead Assistant
And1: 307

Post#9 » by warren weel im » Thu May 5, 2016 9:51 am

Any deal that involves Russell for DMC is a no go for me. Would be against getting Cousins (and I'm ok not having him) if it meant dealing elite assets.

1. Headcase.
2. Bad influence.
3. Team isn't ready to win.
4. Won't convince other FAs to come due to 1st 2 reasons.

I do not speak for the fanbase, just me. I don't like Boogie due to his baggage.
OhioKingsFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#10 » by OhioKingsFan » Thu May 5, 2016 1:36 pm

Pass from Sacramento. Julius Randle hasn't really impressed me, so I'm afraid I view his inclusion in the deal is a non-factor. DMC for DAR is not cutting it for Sacramento.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,650

Post#11 » by Texas Chuck » Thu May 5, 2016 1:44 pm

There is just no chance that those Laker assets bring you back that kind of return. I'm not sure I'd trade Boogie for Russell, a top 2 pick, Randle, and some bad contracts. Much less give you an elite player like Millsap and 2 very solid starters in Korver and Teague for free.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Biased_Fan6425
Starter
And1: 1,381

Post#12 » by Biased_Fan6425 » Thu May 5, 2016 2:46 pm

I like DMC but not for the pick and D-Rus.
Lets go Lakers!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
zapatasblood
General Manager
And1: 580

Post#13 » by zapatasblood » Thu May 5, 2016 2:57 pm

Easy no for sacktown. Russell's value is down due to his stupidity and cousin is maybe the best center in the league if not he's he second best.

Hawks say yes I mean to get a top two pick for milsap is a overpay.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Light beer is for pregnant woman and children
"How sweet it is!" -Gene Peterson
And you never once paid for drugs Not once
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,643

Post#14 » by Smitty731 » Thu May 5, 2016 5:04 pm

No chance the Hawks would do this. They would have to eat Young and Williams, who would have no place on a rebuilding team, in exchange for one good player (the pick) and one questionable one (McLemore).
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,173

Post#15 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu May 5, 2016 5:54 pm

I don't see the value for The Kings. Cousins is a game changer on both ends of the floor and is signed to a reasonable deal. Why would they trade their best player for a guy like Russell? I think Russell will be a good player with time but right now I can't see him having great value now. His whole snapchat situation would have me a bit skiddish to trade for him now at this price.

I feel like this is very good value for The Lakers as they get Cousins and Millsap up front and Korver and Teague as well plus they still have cap room to go out and sign players they need to fill out the other spots i.e. one of DeRozan, Parsons, Batum etc
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,478

Post#16 » by Karmaloop » Thu May 5, 2016 11:52 pm

Unless the Lakers feel that a Millsap/DMC duo lands them Durant, I don't see them essentially giving up all their youth they've accumulated thus far. Russell+#1/#2 for DMC is probably something the Lakers would ultimately pass on, and I don't think adding a Randle for Millsap swap fixes that. It's not that the value isn't probably right, it's the fit. They'd essentially become a slightly better version of the Kings. No thanks to that, I'd rather just roll with my youngsters.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#17 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Fri May 6, 2016 2:08 am

I don't see the Lakers having the assets to net one of Millsap or cousins let alone both and yet they get Teague and Korner too???? Seriously? not even remotely realistic. I'd get back to nba 2k2016 if I were you
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,000

Post#18 » by Reign23 » Fri May 6, 2016 11:55 am

Texas Chuck wrote:There is just no chance that those Laker assets bring you back that kind of return. I'm not sure I'd trade Boogie for Russell, a top 2 pick, Randle, and some bad contracts. Much less give you an elite player like Millsap and 2 very solid starters in Korver and Teague for free.

uhh... you should do this ;)
formerly known as knickst4pe
Magicman125
Rookie
And1: 429

Post#19 » by Magicman125 » Fri May 6, 2016 6:34 pm

I don't think SAC says yes to this. Doesn't seem like a haul they'd accept for Cousins.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#20 » by lakerhater » Fri May 6, 2016 7:00 pm

I'm definitely in the Randle has lost quite a bit of value camp and can't see Sac doing this deal.

Also, for all the check marks against DMC's character Russell showed us he might not be the greatest teammate either.

Return to Trades and Transactions