Offers for the #14 pick

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,127

Re: Offers for the #14 pick 

Post#21 » by GopherIt! » Thu May 19, 2016 1:15 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:Yes. Belly is criminally underrated on RGM.

Not really sure where this is. We simply don't talk about him much here and I can't imagine he gets any play on the PC or GB which means Wolves fans specifically must not be high on him.

But moving past that. He's played 60 total games for an average of 18 minutes per. He's been an efficient low-volume scorer and a decent rebounder. He struggled defensively last year as was to be expected. Overall that's a semi-useful player, but he's also 28 already so its unlikely we are going to see significant improvement to his game.

Overall I can't think of any reason to call this guy criminally underrated. What we know so far is that he managed to be a fringe rotation player on a mediocre team. He has some skills that suggest he could potentially be an 8th or 9th guy on a good team, but its hard to project much more than that, right?

we like him.

He was an Euro league MVP in 2014-15. One of the best players on one of the best teams in one of the best leagues in Europe. Better 3pt shooter than we expected. True stretch 4. High BBIQ, good playmaker, good rebounder. Defense is an issue but again he plays smart and knows his limitations. Niko gets all the love but Belly is a similar player.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#22 » by ChettheJet » Thu May 19, 2016 7:26 pm

I don't think the 14 with Mirotic really helps the Bulls move up into the top 7 even. Most teams would be looking for another future pick or more of a solid starter than a still developing Mirotic. If they're looking for a 4 just draft him at the 5 pick.

What I would look for is a team without a 1st round pick this year, that looks lie; CLE,Dall, HOU,MIA,NYK, OKC,PORT,Wash.

Any number of them might have identified a player they really like who looks to go in the 12-20 range. Any of those teams might have a veteran or 2 that they would like to clear off the books who would contribute to the Bulls. They already have Portis, Mirotic and McDermott to develop with more minutes so whoever they pick at 14 is going to sit on the bench most of his first year at least. Depending on the player and is age even with a 2-3 year contract might be worth the look.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#23 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu May 19, 2016 7:58 pm

GopherIt! wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

Not really sure where this is. We simply don't talk about him much here and I can't imagine he gets any play on the PC or GB which means Wolves fans specifically must not be high on him.

But moving past that. He's played 60 total games for an average of 18 minutes per. He's been an efficient low-volume scorer and a decent rebounder. He struggled defensively last year as was to be expected. Overall that's a semi-useful player, but he's also 28 already so its unlikely we are going to see significant improvement to his game.

Overall I can't think of any reason to call this guy criminally underrated. What we know so far is that he managed to be a fringe rotation player on a mediocre team. He has some skills that suggest he could potentially be an 8th or 9th guy on a good team, but its hard to project much more than that, right?

we like him.

He was an Euro league MVP in 2014-15. One of the best players on one of the best teams in one of the best leagues in Europe.

All well and good on this description, but we've had enough Euro League MVP's described as one of the best players on one of the best teams in one of the best leagues in Europe come to the NBA and just utterly fail, that this means nothing.

His better than previously thought rebounding, proven good long-range shooting, and play within his boundaries is what creates his value. At this point, whatever he did in Europe means nothing here.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,127

Post#24 » by GopherIt! » Thu May 19, 2016 10:13 pm

Success is one facet of evaluation. Im not saying its the only thing u look at.

Mirotic was really hyped when he came over and prior to this season. Outside of some of our TimberTroll friends in Europe, Belly gets no love. Maybe it is Euro fatigue. He is just as as good as Niko (who I am not writing off either despite a rough year with Dr Zoidberg as his coach in Chicago.)
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Post#25 » by Streakers33 » Thu May 19, 2016 10:21 pm

So let's put them both on the same team and see where it goes. Niko and fourteen for number five and Payne.
So now those two can be our pfs and we roll into next year with a good mix of young and old
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,873

Post#26 » by JasonStern » Fri May 20, 2016 7:10 pm

drosestruts wrote:I know the #14 pick isn't really all that sexy, with the said, was just curious what you would trade from your team for this pick? I am ready to be underwhelmed.

I'm sure both sides would say "no", but I'd trade Noah Vonleh if Domantas Sabonis slides to 14 in the draft and his mom agrees to take Uber to home games.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man
And1: 1,062

Post#27 » by OrlMagic05 » Sat May 21, 2016 3:55 pm

GopherIt! wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:
Dieng is the starter and has improved every year. Plus we have Belly who showed a lot of promise down the stretch.
Niko would be 3rd on the ladder.

You really think Bjelica is above Mirotic?

Yes. Belly is criminally underrated on RGM. Smart player. Thibs will really use him to his strengths

He is also 28! That is very old for a rookie!
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#28 » by Prokorov » Sat May 21, 2016 3:58 pm

drosestruts wrote:I know the #14 pick isn't really all that sexy, with the said, was just curious what you would trade from your team for this pick? I am ready to be underwhelmed.

thad young

Rhondae Hollis Jefferson and Bojan Bogdanovic?

id only do that second dealif sabonis was still on the board
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,585

Post#29 » by nomansland » Sat May 21, 2016 4:14 pm

bdpecore wrote:Either Monroe for #14 or Monroe and MCW for #14 and Gibson.

Dang you guys must really hate Monroe if you're willing to dump him for that.
BaggageHandler
Junior
And1: 62

Post#30 » by BaggageHandler » Sat May 21, 2016 6:07 pm

#14 and Nikola Mirotic for Harrison Barnes & #30.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#31 » by lakerhater » Sat May 21, 2016 9:21 pm

BaggageHandler wrote:#14 and Nikola Mirotic for Harrison Barnes & #30.

Mirotic is a poor defender so he doesn't fit the profile the W's would look for as a Barnes replacement.

Beyond that is this deal even possible?
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#32 » by Soulyss » Sat May 21, 2016 10:08 pm

nomansland wrote:

I would say 90% if Bucks fans feel this wa based in the threads I have seen. I think he's still a talented player, just a terrible means Milwaukee has zero leverage. Unfortunately 10% of the rest of the fan base is still a little deluded on his value.
Northern hoops
Senior
And1: 217

Post#33 » by Northern hoops » Sat May 21, 2016 10:28 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

I completely agree with everything you said and am a bit skeptical of Bjelly's abilities, but while he may not get it often, calling Bjelica (trash) is simply untrue. I think his ceiling is a Boris Diaw type of player, which in the right system is definitely useful. Not to mention his cheap deal.
BleedGreen1989
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,776

Post#34 » by BleedGreen1989 » Sun May 22, 2016 12:06 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:
Woody Allen wrote:Minnesota should definitely start Mirotic at PF should they acquire him. Towns is a C.

Dieng is the starter and has improved every year. Plus we have Belly who showed a lot of promise down the stretch.
Niko would be 3rd on the ladder.

You really think Bjelica is above Mirotic?

Maybe not "above", but I certainly can't blame MIN fans for not wanting to pay the difference. They're similiar enough.
BleedGreen1989
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by BleedGreen1989 » Sun May 22, 2016 12:13 am

Prokorov wrote:

thad young

Am I crazy to rate Sabonis less than RHJ?
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#36 » by FutureKnicksGM » Sun May 22, 2016 9:30 am

Depending on who's available, I would give Jerian Grant (last years #19 in a stronger draft), rights to Willy Hernangomez (I think he would go in the 20's in this draft) & the two future seconds we have from HOU.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#37 » by Prokorov » Sun May 22, 2016 1:50 pm

BleedGreen1989 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

thad young

i guess it depends how much you value 1 way wing defense. RHJ is basically a poor mans MKG, which isnt a bad thing. I think sabonis will be a better player and i think 1 way wings are easier to come by.
BleedGreen1989
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by BleedGreen1989 » Sun May 22, 2016 2:04 pm

Prokorov wrote:
BleedGreen1989 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
thad young

i guess it depends how much you value 1 way wing defense. RHJ is basically a poor mans MKG, which isnt a bad thing. I think sabonis will be a better player and i think 1 way wings are easier to come by.

Why a poor mans MKG?
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#39 » by buckboy » Sun May 22, 2016 2:14 pm

nomansland wrote:

I'd do either of those instantly. If we did the second and drafted, say, Poeltl and D. Jackson, I'd look to deal Henson for whatever and resign Plumlee. Center defense would be a little ugly, but our cap flexibility woukd be fantastic heading into Giannis/JP extensions. We'd be worse next year maybe, but set up for the future a lot better.

Jackson/Ennis
Middleton/Vaughn
Giannis/Inglis
Parker/Gibson
Poeltl/Plumlee

I'm sure there'd be a minor wing signing (Marvin Williams?).

I'd like that moving forward. Picking up guys to augment the core is all this offseason is about for me. Not sure our 'braintrust' agrees.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,871

Post#40 » by MotownMadness » Sun May 22, 2016 3:30 pm

BleedGreen1989 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

thad young

Not at all, I would take him over Sabonis for sure.

Return to Trades and Transactions