BOS/IND/SAC

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Guzman_9
Pro Prospect
And1: 183

BOS/IND/SAC 

Post#1 » by Guzman_9 » Fri May 20, 2016 5:07 am

This is a draft night trade.

Also not made to be "Cut so and so out"

BOS Out: Bradley, Rozier, 3rd, 16th, 23, 2017 1st
BOS In: Cousins, Stuckey

Why?
They get their star player and also get a combo guard to fill out their bench and still have money to sign another upper level player

IND Out: Stuckey, 2016 20th pick
IND In: Mclemore, 2016 BOS 23rd pick

Why?
They cut salary and get a young player to develop and moving back 3 spots

SAC Out: Cousins, Mclemore
SAC In: Bradley, Rozier, 2016 BOS 3rd pick, BOS 2016 16th pick, IND 20th pick, 2017 BOS 1st rd pick

Why?
They move pass the Cousins saga and get multiple picks and a cheap growing player in Bradley. He can help on the defensive end and have money to soend this summer and next.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Pacer Fan. 8-)
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,451

Re: BOS/IND/SAC 

Post#2 » by rpa » Fri May 20, 2016 5:32 am

Not a single top flight asset for the Kings = instant no--and it's not even close.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,646

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 20, 2016 12:38 pm

I know you don't want to hear this, but cut Indy out. No reason at all for Boston to want to tie up cap space on Stuckey with Bradley and Smart ahead of him and certainly they aren't to add value to take him on like this.

I know you are a Pacers fan, but honestly they feel shoe-horned into this deal.

And not enough value for Boogie here at all.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Crossy2008
Sixth Man
And1: 1,163

Post#4 » by Crossy2008 » Fri May 20, 2016 12:48 pm

Boston cannot trade their pick for next year because they have pick swap options with Brooklyn, so if you are trading the pick swap option with Brooklyn then that would certainly add a bunch of value for Sac.

There is a lot of talk about how next year is going to be a very good draft, so any team that is looking at a possible rebuild would be very smart to load up on picks for next season. Though I do not think that anyone could realistically say that Sacramento would be rebuilding because they really haven't built anything. At least nothing that has translated to wins for quite some time.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,643

Post#5 » by Smitty731 » Fri May 20, 2016 1:03 pm

Crossy2008 wrote:Boston cannot trade their pick for next year because they have pick swap options with Brooklyn, so if you are trading the pick swap option with Brooklyn then that would certainly add a bunch of value for Sac.

There is a lot of talk about how next year is going to be a very good draft, so any team that is looking at a possible rebuild would be very smart to load up on picks for next season. Though I do not think that anyone could realistically say that Sacramento would be rebuilding because they really haven't built anything. At least nothing that has translated to wins for quite some time.

They could structure it as: "The better of Boston and Brooklyn to Sacramento and the other to Brooklyn". That happens regularly as you essentially are trading the swap rights.

As for the trades, not enough for Cousins from what I can see. And I agree with Chuck that Indiana doesn't need to be involved. If Boston can put together a deal to get Cousins, they have more than enough ammo themselves to get it done without involving other teams. And Sacramento will, and should, hold out for a massive return until the point where they have to trade Cousins. They aren't there yet, so no need to settle for anything beyond a huge haul.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#6 » by Golabki » Fri May 20, 2016 1:20 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I know you don't want to hear this, but cut Indy out. No reason at all for Boston to want to tie up cap space on Stuckey with Bradley and Smart ahead of him and certainly they aren't to add value to take him on like this.

I know you are a Pacers fan, but honestly they feel shoe-horned into this deal.

And not enough value for Boogie here at all.

Yep - the idea that the celtics are going to have a deal in place for cousins and tell sac... You know what wait a couple days so be can turn McLemore into stuckey as part of the deal... It's one of the more bizzare ideas I've seen on this board, which is a high bar
Golabki
General Manager

Post#7 » by Golabki » Fri May 20, 2016 1:30 pm

rpa wrote:Not a single top flight asset for the Kings = instant no--and it's not even close.

Are you aware the 2017 Boston pocks includes swap rights with bky?
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,908

Post#8 » by jayu70 » Fri May 20, 2016 1:35 pm

Golabki wrote:
rpa wrote:Not a single top flight asset for the Kings = instant no--and it's not even close.

But if Sac is trading Cousins they just might have a worse record than Brooklyn next year, so the pick swap won't matter.
Sac won 33 games with Boogie, if Boogie is gone means also no Rondo, so just adding the #3 pick to Sac - waaaay less than 33 wins.
If Brooklyn brings back the same team, they probably win more than 21.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,646

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 20, 2016 1:43 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Golabki wrote:

But if Sac is trading Cousins they just might have a worse record than Brooklyn next year, so the pick swap won't matter.
Sac won 33 games with Boogie, if Boogie is gone means also no Rondo, so just adding the #3 pick to Sac - waaaay less than 33 wins.

No. The swap rights are attached only to the Boston pick. So the Kings get the better of the Nets/Celtics pick. The Kings pick is irrelevant. Now the Kings have to either give their own pick to Chicago or risk swapping it with the Sixers, but that's a separate matter altogether.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Golabki
General Manager

Post#10 » by Golabki » Fri May 20, 2016 1:59 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Golabki wrote:

That's not how pick swaps work. You'd get the sac pick (regardless) + the better of the bky / Boston picks
Woody Allen
General Manager
And1: 2,840

Post#11 » by Woody Allen » Fri May 20, 2016 2:11 pm

Doesn't really matter because the Kings will never get a top flight asset. Divac as an executive is laughable and Cousins so far appears like the only achievements in his career will be scoring 50+ points on occasion. He's the opposite of a winner.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,043

Post#12 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri May 20, 2016 2:44 pm

Yeah, I don't think that McLemore had a bad enough year to warrant a swap for Stuckey and only moving up 3 spots (or for Indy, swapping Stuckey for McLemore and moving down 3 spots).
Higgs Boston
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,625

Post#13 » by Higgs Boston » Fri May 20, 2016 2:49 pm

Cut indiana and bradley, and add more picks/young players from boston.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,450

Post#14 » by jayjaysee » Fri May 20, 2016 3:23 pm

Or cut 23 out, send Indy 31 or 35 instead. Cut Bradley out and add the 2018 Brooklyn pick.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,048

Post#15 » by Wizop » Fri May 20, 2016 3:52 pm

I can see Indy moving down three spots in the first if Boston included some of its second round picks. Boston has more picks than they can use. The players can be left out of the deal. Or Boston could send a PF to Indy to enable a pick swap as the new cap will allow Indy to absorb a salary and Boston would clear a roster spot for a rookie.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,043

Post#16 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri May 20, 2016 4:21 pm

Wizop wrote:I can see Indy moving down three spots in the first if Boston included some of its second round picks. Boston has more picks than they can use. The players can be left out of the deal. Or Boston could send a PF to Indy to enable a pick swap as the new cap will allow Indy to absorb a salary and Boston would clear a roster spot for a rookie.

20 & 50 for 23 and either of 31/35? Yeah, I'd probably* do it. I think Boston might consider it if they could then convince a team to move down to 16 & 20, instead of 16/23/31(or 35). 50 would probably just be a sell-off for Boston at that point, or a pure draft and stash.

Edit: *instead of probably, I'd "likely" do it. I guess just depends on if someone falls to 20 that wouldn't fall to 23?
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#17 » by winter_mute_13 » Fri May 20, 2016 4:24 pm

Don't really understand why Indiana is in the deal. In a hypothetical Cousins to Boston scenario, Indiana's best role would be to absorb a player or 2 from Boston and turn it into a future asset (like #20) to send to Sacto. This is not what happens here.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,494

Post#18 » by codydaze » Fri May 20, 2016 6:07 pm

Woody Allen wrote:

Doesn't really matter because the Kings will never get a top flight asset. Divac as an executive is laughable and Cousins so far appears like the only achievements in his career will be scoring 50+ points on occasion. He's the opposite of a winner.

How do you figure? Oh I assume you mean because of the Philly trade and that he didn't know the CBA through and through right? Didn't he just hire an expert in the field to assist with these things? Didn't he just hire a top flight coach in the league even though the Kings organization is such a joke and a coach killer? Sure, man. Laughable.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,048

Post#19 » by Wizop » Fri May 20, 2016 7:29 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:20 & 50 for 23 and either of 31/35? Yeah, I'd likely do it.

I think Boston would be happier with our 2017 2nd rather than the 50 this year. They need to turn some of this year's picks into future picks. Pacers should be able to get Brice at 23, Brogdon or McCaw at 31/35 and a stash at 50.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#20 » by DLeagueAllStars » Fri May 20, 2016 8:01 pm

Not enought for Boogie

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Return to Trades and Transactions