BOS/IND/SAC

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Re: BOS/IND/SAC 

Post#21 » by DLeagueAllStars » Fri May 20, 2016 8:01 pm

Not enought for Boogie

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#22 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Sat May 21, 2016 3:37 pm

You don't get the best center in the game for unknowns and marfinal assets
LoyalKing
Veteran
And1: 1,392

Post#23 » by LoyalKing » Sat May 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Always the same weak stuff from Boston.

They got top heavy assets for their washed up vets and they want to get the best young C in the NBA for spare parts and role players.

This draft is garbage. If SAC trades Cousins, all want all the future top picks, including all the BK picks. You can keep all those mid to late 1st rounders of this draft. No interest at all.
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,568

Post#24 » by nomansland » Sat May 21, 2016 4:09 pm

Any time I see "cut salary" used as justification for participation in a trade I get suspicious.

This is a steal for Boston and Sacramento gets robbed.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,687

Post#25 » by Texas Chuck » Sat May 21, 2016 4:12 pm

LoyalKing wrote:Always the same weak stuff from Boston.

They got top heavy assets for their washed up vets and they want to get the best young C in the NBA for spare parts and role players.

Nope. We aren't going to make generalizations like that here. Stick to discussing this topic only please. We have lots of great Celtics fans on this board and you aren't going to lump everyone in one basket. Just like we don't allow all Kings fans to get lumped into one basket.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,687

Post#26 » by Texas Chuck » Sat May 21, 2016 4:13 pm

nomansland wrote:Any time I see "cut salary" used as justification for participation in a trade I get suspicious.

Cutting salary is value added so it can absolutely be added as a portion of the justification for trades. In fact at last year's deadline the majority of trades made were done primarily for that reason.

Obviously when dealing for a player of magnitude you have to provide considerably more value, but saving salary is a very valid reason for making a trade.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,568

Post#27 » by nomansland » Sat May 21, 2016 4:23 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
nomansland wrote:Any time I see "cut salary" used as justification for participation in a trade I get suspicious.

Cutting salary is value added so it can absolutely be added as a portion of the justification for trades. In fact at last year's deadline the majority of trades made were done primarily for that reason.

Obviously when dealing for a player of magnitude you have to provide considerably more value, but saving salary is a very valid reason for making a trade.

Sure. That's why I said suspicious and not something more like intractably negative. :)

But a lot of times on this board you see it used as justification for lack of better reasons. And in this case Indiana's in pretty good shape. They'll have $33 million to play with next year. Unless they really think they have a shot at one of the marquee FA's, that should be enough to land them a solid piece or two, or better yet let some of that roll over to 2017 when the cap will go up even more.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,266

Post#28 » by Nuntius » Sat May 21, 2016 4:44 pm

LoyalKing wrote:Always the same weak stuff from Boston.

To add to Texas Chuck's argument the OP is not even a Celtics fan. He is a Pacers fan like me. He has no interest in screwing up Sacramento and helping Boston. He just wants to find a good trade for Stuckey :P
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch

Return to Trades and Transactions