Portland and Sacramento

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Portland and Sacramento 

Post#1 » by LightTheBeam » Sun May 29, 2016 4:17 pm

I did something similar to this last week but included the Nuggets and offered less value to Portland. I think this is a bit of an overpay on the Kings end but I'm interested to see how Portland values it.

Kings out: #8 and Koufos
Kings in: Aminu

Portland out: Aminu
Portland In: #8 and Koufos

Why for Sacramento? I love the fit of Aminu playing with either WCS or Cousins. He and WCS would cause havoc on defense and be able to get up and down the floor allowing us to play fast when both are in the game. We would still start the game playing Joergers style with Cousins and WCS up front. My ideal situation we make this trade then invest all of our time going straight after a shooting guard.

Why for Portland? They overachieved this past year and it was great to watch, but they also traded their 1st and could be improved long term by adding another core young guy to Lillard, CJ and Vonleh? Also I saw yesterday in the value your teams assets thread a Portland fan mentioned they value Vonleh higher than Aminu, I'm of the opinion both those players are power forwards moving forward so clear some room for Vonleh next year.

Cousins/ACY
WCS/Aminu
Gay/Casspi
Bazemore? Crabbe? Fournier?/Belinelli/McLemore
Collison/Curry

Plumlee/Koufos
Vonleh/Davis
Barnes?/Harkless?
CJ/Crabbe
Lillard/CJ

Then add 8th either as a small forward or long term center prospect.

Have a feeling Kings fans will hate it and Portland fans may not want to trade Aminu even if the value is good.
Run PDX
Pro Prospect
And1: 451

Re: Portland and Sacramento 

Post#2 » by Run PDX » Sun May 29, 2016 4:47 pm

Trading Aminu to give time to Vonleh would be like trading a hamburger to give more room to pickles on the bread.
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Post#3 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sun May 29, 2016 4:53 pm

Run PDX wrote:Trading Aminu to give time to Vonleh would be like trading a hamburger to give more room to pickles on the bread.

i may not agree (mainly because i don't know anything about vonleh), but i certainly lol'd. well done sir.
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#4 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun May 29, 2016 4:58 pm

Is that all it takes to get the #8? Wow, if that is the case, i would be willing to give up Mike Scott for #8 and Koufos, and Mike Scott's number are way better than Aminu
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#5 » by LightTheBeam » Sun May 29, 2016 5:05 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Is that all it takes to get the #8? Wow, if that is the case, i would be willing to give up Mike Scott for #8 and Koufos, and Mike Scott's number are way better than Aminu

In what world is Mike Scotts numbers better than Aminu? Also different players but Aminu is much better than Mike and it really isn't close. I don't think a trade with Atlanta makes sense it has been rehashed several times.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#6 » by bleeds_purple » Sun May 29, 2016 6:57 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Is that all it takes to get the #8? Wow, if that is the case, i would be willing to give up Mike Scott for #8 and Koufos, and Mike Scott's number are way better than Aminu

I think it speaks mostly to the value of a 3&D forward who can guard multiple positions, is about to enter his prime, and is on a very reasonable contract. These type of guys aren't available as you can never have enough of them in the current meta-game.

That being said this is a bit of an overpay. If we could get back Myers Leonard (not sure how it works with him as a RFA) in addition to Aminu I'd be pretty happy with that.
PDX MM
Veteran
And1: 959

Post#7 » by PDX MM » Sun May 29, 2016 7:23 pm

I am happy to keep Aminu but if you all want Leonard then you all are very much welcome to him however the term buyers remorse quickly comes to mind. All deals are final
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,166

Post#8 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Sun May 29, 2016 8:29 pm

Funny how I got laughed out of a couple threads this season for suggesting Aminu was worth a lottery pick.

Value looks appropriate to me, but I don't think the direction makes sense for the Blazers. Aminu is right on the same timeline as our core and on a very good contract - our GM also has mad love for him, as he was a guy that Olshey drafted with the Clippers and the first free agent he targeted - so its pretty safe to say that Aminu is not up for trade, barring an insane overpay of course.

I am not Olshey, so I'm not particularly tied to him, but I would still have to be in love with a prospect to pull the trigger and no one in that range really stands out to me personally - maybe Poeltl if I had to choose but this is a really weird draft where I may prefer 2 picks in the 20's compared to a mid-late lottery pick. If this was any other draft, 8 would probably be a little bit of an overpay.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,808

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Sun May 29, 2016 8:32 pm

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:I am not Olshey, so I'm not particularly tied to him, but I would still have to be in love with a prospect to pull the trigger and no one in that range really stands out to me personally - maybe Poeltl if I had to choose but this is a really weird draft where I may prefer 2 picks in the 20's compared to a mid-late lottery pick. If this was any other draft, 8 would probably be a little bit of an overpay.

Feel pretty confident the Celtics would give you 16 and 23 for 8 in a heartbeat which is even better than you want. And I know Philly would give you 24 and 26. :D

But I'm with you on Aminu. I wanted Dallas to give him a meaningful contract the year before and we got him on a min deal. Then he was my top priority in free agency and it broke my heart when Portland signed him immediately. I know most of the board thought he got way too much, but based on his defense/rebounding alone I thought he was worth that. And his offense is taking more and more strides.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,166

Post#10 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Sun May 29, 2016 9:05 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
DeBlazerRiddem wrote:I am not Olshey, so I'm not particularly tied to him, but I would still have to be in love with a prospect to pull the trigger and no one in that range really stands out to me personally - maybe Poeltl if I had to choose but this is a really weird draft where I may prefer 2 picks in the 20's compared to a mid-late lottery pick. If this was any other draft, 8 would probably be a little bit of an overpay.

Feel pretty confident the Celtics would give you 16 and 23 for 8 in a heartbeat which is even better than you want. And I know Philly would give you 24 and 26. :D

Yeah, this could be a very good year to have too many late picks and try to consolidate into a higher pick. Often times that would cost an arm and a leg, but with a relatively small drop-off in talent it could be a win-win. Team with a single high pick may double their talent, teams with multiple late picks get their pick of the litter.

But I'm with you on Aminu. I wanted Dallas to give him a meaningful contract the year before and we got him on a min deal. Then he was my top priority in free agency and it broke my heart when Portland signed him immediately. I know most of the board thought he got way too much, but based on his defense/rebounding alone I thought he was worth that. And his offense is taking more and more strides.

With the cap exploding over the next couple years, his ~7.5 million declining contract is definitely a steal. Is Barnes really worth 3x as much - which is about what it would cost Portland in this scenario - to get a couple years younger?
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,407

Post#11 » by Blazinaway » Sun May 29, 2016 9:30 pm

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

Yeah, this could be a very good year to have too many late picks and try to consolidate into a higher pick. Often times that would cost an arm and a leg, but with a relatively small drop-off in talent it could be a win-win. Team with a single high pick may double their talent, teams with multiple late picks get their pick of the litter.

With the cap exploding over the next couple years, his ~7.5 million declining contract is definitely a steal. Is Barnes really worth 3x as much - which is about what it would cost Portland in this scenario - to get a couple years younger?

No Barnes is not but this offseason with the big cap increase is the Wild, Wild West with almost every team likely to have significant capspace. There are going to be some insane contracts given IMO but it is what it is, guys like Aminu and Ed Davis who signed similar 4 yr deals last yr are flat out very valuable contracts
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,012

Post#12 » by R-DAWG » Sun May 29, 2016 9:35 pm

Run PDX wrote:Trading Aminu to give time to Vonleh would be like trading a hamburger to give more room to pickles on the bread.

Pickles are better than Vonleah. This is insulting to pickles.

Also, #8 seems too rich for Aminu
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#13 » by Spens1 » Sun May 29, 2016 11:16 pm

Sac town seem to giving up an awful lot for Aminu given the S.F Fa's on the market (their is depth).

Surely they could get Aminu by trading someone else or keeping the pick
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#14 » by Spens1 » Sun May 29, 2016 11:16 pm

pickles are amazing though :lol:
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#15 » by City of Trees » Sun May 29, 2016 11:42 pm

I wouldn't trade 8 for Aminu. Blazers need to add more value.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#16 » by Case2012 » Sun May 29, 2016 11:48 pm

I'd rather have WCS and Smellinelli. If that was on the table i would do that. We could resign Harkless and play him in a similar role as Aminu, while adding the rim protection we need and another 3pt shooter to plug into Stotts system.

I've never really heard much about WCS, i just know he was really hyped as a great rim protector going into the draft. How was he this year?

Aminu and Vonleh for Belinelli and WCS would be interesting, but gain, I'm not sure the value of WCS or Bellini for that matter now that i think about it.
Instagram: @casetwelve

Return to Trades and Transactions