Lebron, DWade, Melo, Cp3 in LA

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Re: Lebron, DWade, Melo, Cp3 in LA 

Post#21 » by Mr Loggins » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:09 pm

Nightperzon
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,514

Post#22 » by Nightperzon » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:13 pm

sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#23 » by sportscrazy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:14 pm

Smitty731 wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:James isn't taking $15 million a year. It has been very widely reported that he intends to never take less than the max for the rest of his career.

You also left out the Clippers pick this year. I'm assuming they dump it as well to conserve space.

And the depth on that team would be really, really limited. With all the money this summer, there aren't going to be as many ring chasers available for the minimum that can actually help a team.

Do you think there's any chance Wade values years of a contract over annual figures? Is it possible he would sign with a team that could create the big 4 Super Friends if they gave him a guaranteed four year deal with MAX raises starting at $15.4 Million a year?

My opinion is that it doesn't matter because I don't think Wade is leaving Miami. But I guess he could care about years possible. I just think it is so far fetched, that it isn't likely to happen anyway. James/Wade/Bosh was different because it was only 3 guys and Miami geared everything for two seasons to make it happen. Adding the 4th guy and not having planned for it makes it really unlikely anyone can make it happen. Especially not when you start asking guys to take massive pay cuts.

Yeah, I tend to agree (even though the unrealistic Knicks fan in me keeps trying to find ways to make it work), but I do think the LeBron to Clippers thing is possible, though. They would need to renounce their free agents and send Blake Griffin to a team that sent back draft picks, but no salary to give LeBron a MAX. Considering that gets LeBron in a big market, warm weather city, with one of the super friends (Chris Paul) on a contending team that essentially just upgraded from Blake Griffin to LeBron James, I could see it happening with out the Wade/Melo part because Chris Paul, J.J. Redick and DeAndre Jordan seem perfect as a cast around LeBron.

Again, despite my inner optimistic Knicks fan, I think Miami, the Clippers or staying in Cleveland are the only 3 options for LeBron this summer. Miami could very realistically re-sign Wade, trade McRoberts, Winslow and Dragic (All-NBA Third Team under Hornacek) for 'Melo then deal with getting Paul when Bosh's contract injury retires in 2017. The Clippers have Paul and could easily get LeBron's MAX in cap space. The Cavaliers obviously have a great chance at keeping him altogether, too (I just think if LeBron could play in a warm weather big market with one of his crew on a championship contender versus playing for Dan Gilbert on a championship contender, he takes the latter, but that is way more opinion than anything else).

If LeBron does take the 1+1 with Cleveland and Wade with Miami, then I could see scenario's created for the Super Friends in 2017 in New York without pay cuts, but this off-season it's just not realistic.
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#24 » by sportscrazy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:18 pm

...and there goes that haha
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#25 » by sportscrazy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:14 pm

Smitty731 wrote: Adding the 4th guy and not having planned for it makes it really unlikely anyone can make it happen. Especially not when you start asking guys to take massive pay cuts.

I think with the Rose trade, LeBron and Wade signing 1+1 deals and the Knicks not committing any salary to free agents this summer beyond 2017, the Knicks may have just done that for 2017 without losing Porzingis, but that's just a theory right now that could be totally shot down when LeBron and Wade sign long term deals and the Knicks sign a long term free agent. However, if LeBron/Wade sign 1+1's plus the Knicks don't commit beyond next off-season to any acquisitions, then my conspiracy theory sticks til next off-season that the Knicks just set up the planning you are saying it would require to pull this off.
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#26 » by LakersLegacy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:25 pm

It needs to be in Cleveland.

Just trade Love and ? For Melo, and get Wade to sign as a free agent. No good reason to trade Kyrie for CP3 as Kyrie is younger. But the Clippers would probably go for it if they wanted.

Banana boat team
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,785

Post#27 » by spree8 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:07 am

Smitty731 wrote:James isn't taking $15 million a year. It has been very widely reported that he intends to never take less than the max for the rest of his career.

You also left out the Clippers pick this year. I'm assuming they dump it as well to conserve space.

And the depth on that team would be really, really limited. With all the money this summer, there aren't going to be as many ring chasers available for the minimum that can actually help a team.

Really? Then how the hell does the guy expect to team up with Cp3, Wade, and Melo???? ...his own words.

Wasn't his starting salary like 17 mil with Miami back in 2010? Cuz he was making like 19 mil in 2013-2014...how is 15 at this stage of his career unrealistic? Especially when he's got a freakin 1 billion dollar deal with Nike??

Btw, him saying that he's got no plans to go anywhere "at this point" is the same thing he said when he left Miami...literally. So this could still be possible.

But again, without a pay cut, how exactly does he expect it to happen? Kind of a contradiction no?
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Lebron, DWade, Melo, Cp3 in LA 

Post#28 » by KuruptedCav » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:25 am

These trades all forget something very important to LBJ: Tristan Thompson and James Jones...

Return to Trades and Transactions