Biggest shock of the 1st round

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Biggest shock of the 1st round

Jaylen Brown goes 3
10%
No Celtics trades
15%
No Sixers trades
1%
Ibaka traded
14%
Kings trade and taking a center at #13
19%
Thon Maker at #10
42%
Other?
No votes

Total votes: 108

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: Re: Biggest shock of the 1st round 

Post#21 » by City of Trees » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:30 am

sportscrazy wrote:How many centers do the Kings have now?

Depends on if you count WCS and Skal as a Center, buuutttttt.....

1. Cousins
2. WCS
3. Koufus
4. Papagiannis
5. Skal

Kings dare you.
Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Re: Re: Re: Biggest shock of the 1st round 

Post#22 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:34 am

City of Trees wrote:

1. Cousins
2. WCS
3. Koufus
4. Papagiannis
5. Skal

Kings dare you.

I think cousins is going g to the lakers for Lou, Russell and Ingram.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Re: Biggest shock of the 1st round 

Post#23 » by N.O.R.E. » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:44 am

Texas Chuck wrote:Jaylen at 3. Boston making all their 1st round picks. So disappoint. Makes no sense.

I wouldn't have gone with Jaylen at #3 either.

Having said that, it looks to me that Ainge get's a little high on himself, and is reported to try hard to "win" trades.

The Celtics draft shows me that Ainge has perhaps overplayed his hand in Round 1, and is now preserving cap for Round 2 - FA.

I wouldn't fancy my Durant odds, but coupled with the assets to acquire pretty much any other star, it's still a fairly enviable position to be in.

Based on a typical kneejerk reaction of the Nets' most recent moves, those Brooklyn picks are still looking pretty damn good.
The #22 got the Hornets Bellinelli, leading into the draft we all tend to get wrapped in the frenzy.

The sky isn't falling IMO, this just means Ainge may have over played his hand but was smart enough not to be lured into making a panic move.
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#24 » by MrPerfect1 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:28 am

Has to be Thon at 10 or Brown at 3. BOS making 0 big trades was very predictable and should have 0 votes. Ainge only makes a deal if it is a super ripoff
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,142

Post#25 » by GopherIt! » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:53 am

tie:

Raps drafting a center
Bucks pick Thong Faker
Magic trading for Ibaka
Kings drafting another center
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#26 » by bondom34 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:10 am

I took a nap and woke up and Serge was gone.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,759

Post#27 » by SactoKingsFan » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:14 am

Definitely Kings trading 8 and then picking
Papagiannis at 13.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#28 » by getrichordie » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:16 am

bondom34 wrote:I took a nap and woke up and Serge was gone.

I knew Serge was going to be traded but I didn't know it would be this good of a deal for us. I really like it. It looks great. We have solid pieces to rebuild if Durant leaves and have solid role players if Durant stays. A more balanced squad while we get to experiment with draft and stash.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,438

Post#29 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:39 am

Brown was surprising. The Ibaka deal made me jump out of my seat. But, I was really underwhelmed by Boston & Sacramento's picks for the most part.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Re: Re: Re: Biggest shock of the 1st round 

Post#30 » by sportscrazy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:08 am

BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

1. Cousins
2. WCS
3. Koufus
4. Papagiannis
5. Skal

Kings dare you.

I can't quite put my finger on the deal, but something where Houston gets Vucevic, Orlando gets Cousins, Gay and Beverley and Sacramento gets their choice of two or all three of Mario Hezonja, Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton..

C-DeMarcus Cousins
PF-Serge Ibaka
SF-Rudy Gay
SG-Evan Fournier
PG-Patrick Beverley

That team under Vogel could really do well in the East considering Orlando has cap space left for a really solid second unit.
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant

Re: Re: Re: Re: Biggest shock of the 1st round 

Post#31 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:10 am

sportscrazy wrote:
BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Depends on if you count WCS and Skal as a Center, buuutttttt.....

1. Cousins
2. WCS
3. Koufus
4. Papagiannis
5. Skal

Kings dare you.

I can't quite put my finger on the deal, but something where Houston gets Vucevic, Orlando gets Cousins, Gay and Beverley and Sacramento gets their choice of two or all three of Mario Hezonja, Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton..

C-DeMarcus Cousins
PF-Serge Ibaka
SF-Rudy Gay
SG-Evan Fournier
PG-Patrick Beverley

That team under Vogel could really do well in the East considering Orlando has cap space left for a really solid second unit.

Yeah thay simply doesn't have enough value for cousins alone, let alone cousins and gay from Sacramento's pov.

sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#32 » by sportscrazy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:26 am

BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:
BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:I think cousins is going g to the lakers for Lou, Russell and Ingram.

C-DeMarcus Cousins
PF-Serge Ibaka
SF-Rudy Gay
SG-Evan Fournier
PG-Patrick Beverley

Yeah thay simply doesn't have enough value for cousins alone, let alone cousins and gay from Sacramento's pov.

How far off is it? Removing Gay and adding draft picks kind of off or total non-starter kind of off?
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#33 » by sportscrazy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:30 am

sportscrazy wrote:
BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:

C-DeMarcus Cousins
PF-Serge Ibaka
SF-Rudy Gay
SG-Evan Fournier
PG-Patrick Beverley

How far off is it? Removing Gay and adding draft picks kind of off or total non-starter kind of off?

The reason I ask is because there could be different variations possibly involving sending Payton to Philly for the Kings 2019 pick, sending Vucevic to Chicago for Lopez and the conditional Kings pick then sending Aaron Gordon, Mario Hezonja and those two picks plus a pick or two from Orlando for just Cousins?
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Biggest shock of the 1st round 

Post#34 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:33 am

sportscrazy wrote:
BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:

C-DeMarcus Cousins
PF-Serge Ibaka
SF-Rudy Gay
SG-Evan Fournier
PG-Patrick Beverley

Probably in between. Depends on the picks honestly. I think the kings either have a trade for Koufos lined up for a PG, or are hedging their bets against a Cousins trade either now or at the deadline. To me it felt like the kings were stockpiling assets because they've traded so many away. Other than the papagiannis pick I think the kings had a strong draft. Though I wanted Luwawu at 22 and either Murray or Ulis at 28.

Valentine, Luwawu and Murray would have been an amazing draft for the Kings purposes in the backcourt.

wickerhd
Bench Warmer
And1: 139

Post#35 » by wickerhd » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:28 pm

Brown pick was only a surprise because there was so much talk about trades and Dunn. 3 to 7 was always the same five players, just mixed in different ways. Brown best fit the current Celtics squad. Thon was the big shock to me.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
****dave
Woody Allen
General Manager
And1: 2,840

Post#36 » by Woody Allen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:41 pm

Not that "Ibaka was traded" but the trade itself was the biggest shocker. Jaylen Brown/Thon Maker type of picks literally happen every draft.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#37 » by machu46 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:54 pm

I'm surprised how many votes Jaylen Brown considering it's been reported for weeks now that Danny Ainge was in love with him. I can understand being kinda surprised by it, but for example, the Papagiannis pick was far more out of left field.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,538

Post#38 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:10 pm

I wasn't the lone vote for no Sixers trades.

Return to Trades and Transactions