OKC/Suns this feels way too obvious?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

bigmean
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Re: OKC/Suns this feels way too obvious? 

Post#21 » by bigmean » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:38 am

Now I have to marry this deal with Taj Gibson going to OKC

OKC gets:
Tyson Chandler- another defensive stalwart
Taj Gibson- effective powerforward in the last year on contract
TJ Warren- talent player who cant stay healthy

Philly gets:
Kyle Singler- throw in once decent shooter
Mitch Mcgary- really still high on him, getting on the cheap for taking on Singler
Archie Goodwin- combo guard may be can become John Salmons

Chicago gets
Jerami Grant swing player who can play the 4 and do things defensively, pairing himwith his twin
ANthony Morrow- shooter with expiring contract
Ersan Ilyasova- efficient outside stretch 4

Phoenix gets
Enes Kanter- I think he could surplant alex Len
Hollis Thompson- corner 3 point is good
Tony Snell- Athletic defender with good length ,Improved long-range shooter and finisher at the rim
rights to Alex Abrines
Chi-guy13
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#22 » by Chi-guy13 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:40 pm

Adams and tyson together on offense is a nightmare. Gotta keep kanter
business_casual
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#23 » by business_casual » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:43 pm

As a Thunder fan, I would like this trade. Some people hate it though, mostly because of Chandler's age/injury history.

The idea was never to play Chandler and Adams together anyway. Even Adams/Kanter lineups were not good last season, and were only effective short stretches of that Spurs series. The idea would be to have a Chandler/Ilyasova/Tucker frontcourt off the bench, which I think would be fantastic. Try to sign Arthur, Dudley, or Lance Thomas to play with the starters.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#24 » by Andre Roberstan » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:50 pm

business_casual wrote:As a Thunder fan, I would like this trade. Some people hate it though, mostly because of Chandler's age/injury history.

Welcome to the boards! Come visit us over on the Thunder board.

And yeah, Chandler's contract is an abomination. But it might be worth it to get another defensive big man and a tough forward who can play 2–4.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Re: Re: OKC/Suns this feels way too obvious? 

Post#25 » by spearsy23 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:00 am

dbrandon wrote:
business_casual wrote:As a Thunder fan, I would like this trade. Some people hate it though, mostly because of Chandler's age/injury history.

Welcome to the boards! Come visit us over on the Thunder board.

And yeah, Chandler's contract is an abomination. But it might be worth it to get another defensive big man and a tough forward who can play 2–4.

Chandler didn't play much of either end last year and its not going to get prettier moving forward. I'd much rather turn Kanter into cap space than marry ourselves to Chandler. PJ Tucker isn't worth that risk.

Sent from my LG-K330 using RealGM mobile app
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,807

Re: Re: OKC/Suns this feels way too obvious? 

Post#26 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:02 am

spearsy23 wrote:Chandler didn't play much of either end last year and its not going to get prettier moving forward. I'd much rather turn Kanter into cap space than marry ourselves to Chandler. PJ Tucker isn't worth that risk.

Sent from my LG-K330 using RealGM mobile app

Good to see you around again mate. Hope we see more of you during the off-season?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#27 » by rsavaj » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:20 pm

Kanter's trade kicker makes the deal much less attractive for me as a Suns fan, especially with Len coming up on FA soon
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#28 » by Andre Roberstan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:27 pm

rsavaj wrote:Kanter's trade kicker makes the deal much less attractive for me as a Suns fan, especially with Len coming up on FA soon

It's an extra 2.5mil split between the remaining 2 years of the contract. Kanter's kicker is capped at the max, and option years aren't counted in kicker calculations.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,457

Post#29 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:30 pm

rsavaj wrote:Kanter's trade kicker makes the deal much less attractive for me as a Suns fan, especially with Len coming up on FA soon

What is his trade kicker? On further thought, I'd do this deal if I had a plan or had signed a SF vet wing defensive guy...perhaps younger than Tucker.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,457

Post#30 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:30 pm

dbrandon wrote:

It's an extra 2.5mil split between the remaining 2 years of the contract. Kanter's kicker is capped at the max, and option years aren't counted in kicker calculations.

Oh, well that's nothing under this new cap.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#31 » by NashtyNas » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:15 pm

Yeah this is quite easy yes for OKC, but just as easy a NO! from the Suns.
Kanter would just hinder Len's progression whereas Chandler helps it... and I just don't think Kanter is good - like at all.
Yes he can score especially when he has Durant and Westbrook to take pressure off, but his defense is beyond atrocious and he won't have those superstars in Phoenix. More importantly, I don't consider PJ a throw in.

OKC would need to send something of actual value for us to do this.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas

Return to Trades and Transactions