PHI/CHA/SAC/PHX...Big names on the move

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

BuzzCity
Rookie
And1: 608

PHI/CHA/SAC/PHX...Big names on the move 

Post#1 » by BuzzCity » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:32 am

76ers trade- Okafor
76ers get- Bledsoe, Koufus

76ers do this b/c: they finally get their PG who is locked in for the next 3 years. Theyd have a very athletic core in Bledsoe, Simmons, Noel and Embiid. With Simmons playing the point forward at times, the lineups would be flexible enough to shift Bledsoe at SG on offense at times. This would be a fun team to watch.

Hornets trade- MKG, Lamb, Zeller, unprotected1st
Hornets get- Okafor, Gay

Hornets do this b/c: we saw 2 years ago what a prime Big Al could do on this team. Just think what Okafor could do with all his years ahead of him. Gay can fill in for MKG this year and will most likely opt out next year. This leaves the Hornets flexible financially in the offseason. This also allows Frank to be a stretch 4 behind Marvin and eliminates our delima of how much to sign Zeller back for in the offseason.

Kings trade- Gay, Koufus
Kings get- MKG, Chandler

Kings do this b/c: Gay apparently wants out. MKG is signed to a great deal over the next 3 years. Bobcats stole Gerald Wallace from the Kings in the expansion draft many years ago. Now we give you a guy who can be the better version of him. Adding Tyson gives WCS somebody to mentor him. Also lets Cousins step in day 1 at PF and know he has a seasoned vet protecting the paint

Suns trade- Bledsoe, Chandler
Suns get- CHA's 1st, Lamb, Zeller

Suns do this b/c: they shed a ton of salary, while getting younger. This team has a great young core. They need to groom these guys and focus on the future. I think both Zeller and Lamb could step in and make an instant impact. Not to mention getting an unprotected 1st
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Re: PHI/CHA/SAC/PHX...Big names on the move 

Post#2 » by lakerhater » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:39 am

This leaves Sac with a logjam at SF since they have Casspi and Barnes. Sac wants to balance their roster in a Gay deal so this doesn't make sense for them.
BuzzCity
Rookie

Post#3 » by BuzzCity » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:44 am

lakerhater wrote:This leaves Sac with a logjam at SF since they have Casspi and Barnes. Sac wants to balance their roster in Gay deal so this doesn't make sense for them.

What position do u think they go after? PG? Also, can't Casspi play SG? Barnes is also getting up there in age. Is him or Casspi who u want starting at SF?

Not disagreeing, just asking
SunsBlood23
Sophomore
And1: 45

Post#4 » by SunsBlood23 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:52 am

I hate this for Phoenix. Not only do the Suns have no interest in trading Bledsoe, they definitely wouldn't trade him for this package. Chandler is no longer a bad contract either as we saw what players like Plumlee got paid today. On top of all that, you say we have all this outgoing salary like it's a good thing. We haven't even hit the salary floor yet so we don't want more outgoing salary, if anything we want a little incoming if the situation is right. The only thing I like about this is it gives Ulis time and Len all the center minutes he can handle.
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#5 » by lakerhater » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:53 am

BuzzCity wrote:
lakerhater wrote:This leaves Sac with a logjam at SF since they have Casspi and Barnes. Sac wants to balance their roster in Gay deal so this doesn't make sense for them.

What position do u think they go after? PG? Also, can't Casspi play SG? Barnes is also getting up there in age. Is him or Casspi who u want starting at SF?

If Casspi could play SG he would have played it last season. He and Barnes will likely split the SF minutes.

PG and a stretch 4 are their greatest positions of need.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#6 » by kalenclayton » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:54 am

lakerhater wrote:This leaves Sac with a logjam at SF since they have Casspi and Barnes. Sac wants to balance their roster in a Gay deal so this doesn't make sense for them.

This just doesn't matter. MKG would be a huge get for the Kings. If we got him while only giving up Gay and Koufos, I would be over the moon. Barnes can play the 2, 3, and spot stretch 4 minutes. The same goes for Casspi. MKG can play the 2 and the 3. I see no logjam. This trade would simply be amazing for the Kings. Unfortunately, it just won't happen. MKG has more value than this.
Sheva7
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#7 » by Sheva7 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:55 am

BuzzCity wrote:

I disagree, I think we need 3 SFs as Barnes is getting old plus Joerger has said Barnes will play a lot of 4 this year.

Our biggest need is a backup PG and maybe another SF if gay is traded. I like MKG but I feel like he isn't a good fit with him not being able to shoot. I also don't think chandler is a good fit with his contract. I would much rather keep koufos.
TheIdiotGamer
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#8 » by TheIdiotGamer » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:55 am

SunsBlood23 wrote:I hate this for Phoenix. Not only do the Suns have no interest in trading Bledsoe, they definitely wouldn't trade him for this package. Chandler is no longer a bad contract either as we saw what players like Plumlee got paid today. On top of all that, you say we have all this outgoing salary like it's a good thing. We haven't even hit the salary floor yet so we don't want more outgoing salary, if anything we want a little incoming if the situation is right. The only thing I like about this is it gives Ulis time and Len all the center minutes he can handle.

Totally agree.
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#9 » by NashtyNas » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:32 am

This is basically throwing in Phoenix to be the boned team to make something work for the other squads.
We're giving up literally the second most valuable piece in this trade and are getting nothing of value back for it. I don't touch this with a 10 foot pole as a Suns fan, and whoever proposes it is instantly on my blocked callers list.

You literally mention 2 reasons, we get younger and we shed salary. Neither of those is worth giving up Bledsoe at this point.
We are in no way "old" and we definitely don't need to shed Chandler at the cost of Bledsoe. That CHA "unprotected" pick is almost guaranteed to be mediocre after these moves - likely in the 15-20 range.

Man this is bad.... I need a drink.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
hcsilla
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#10 » by hcsilla » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:32 am

Makes (some) sense for PHI, SAC and CHA take out the value from the Suns, therefore terrible for PHO.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#11 » by bondom34 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:25 am

SunsBlood23 wrote:I hate this for Phoenix. Not only do the Suns have no interest in trading Bledsoe, they definitely wouldn't trade him for this package. Chandler is no longer a bad contract either as we saw what players like Plumlee got paid today. On top of all that, you say we have all this outgoing salary like it's a good thing. We haven't even hit the salary floor yet so we don't want more outgoing salary, if anything we want a little incoming if the situation is right. The only thing I like about this is it gives Ulis time and Len all the center minutes he can handle.

Other than the Chandler part (still think its a bad contract), agree with this pretty well.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,538

Post#12 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:53 am

I dislike it a bunch for Philly.
BuzzCity
Rookie

Post#13 » by BuzzCity » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:13 pm

I_Socrates wrote:This is basically throwing in Phoenix to be the boned team to make something work for the other squads.
We're giving up literally the second most valuable piece in this trade and are getting nothing of value back for it. I don't touch this with a 10 foot pole as a Suns fan, and whoever proposes it is instantly on my blocked callers list.

You literally mention 2 reasons, we get younger and we shed salary. Neither of those is worth giving up Bledsoe at this point.
We are in no way "old" and we definitely don't need to shed Chandler at the cost of Bledsoe. That CHA "unprotected" pick is almost guaranteed to be mediocre after these moves - likely in the 15-20 range.

Man this is bad.... I need a drink.

I apologize...threw this together late and knew when I hit send that most Suns fans would prolly hate it...like somebody else mentioned, you guys haven't hit the salary floor yet, which I didn't know. Let me tweek this quite a bit for the Suns. When I look at your team, I see a lot of great talent that needs to be developed, but no particular hole. Just needing PT for those guys to get experience. But you're right, you should get back better value for trading Bledsoe.

It's interesting to see some Kings fans like it while others don't. I know the Suns still wouldn't hit the floor, but with if Zeller went to the Kings and WCS came to the Suns? It's still not enough but would that be a player you'd at least be interested in?
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#14 » by BullyKing » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:23 pm

This is robbery for the Hornets.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
ckchen
Veteran
And1: 574

Post#15 » by ckchen » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:10 pm

This seems like a pretty questionable return for Philly, especially considering that they end up having to pay Koufos for the next 3 seasons on a team that already has too many big men. So the only positive return is Bledsoe and his very questionable injury history? I imagine Philly would pass.
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#16 » by NashtyNas » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:06 pm

BuzzCity wrote:I apologize...threw this together late and knew when I hit send that most Suns fans would prolly hate it...like somebody else mentioned, you guys haven't hit the salary floor yet, which I didn't know. Let me tweek this quite a bit for the Suns. When I look at your team, I see a lot of great talent that needs to be developed, but no particular hole. Just needing PT for those guys to get experience. But you're right, you should get back better value for trading Bledsoe.

It's interesting to see some Kings fans like it while others don't. I know the Suns still wouldn't hit the floor, but with if Zeller went to the Kings and WCS came to the Suns? It's still not enough but would that be a player you'd at least be interested in?

Hey, no need to apologize. Everyone has bad proposals on here at one point or another, some more than others. ;)

WCS is a great prospect and I'm sure most teams are interested in him. I like him, but I'm not giving up Bleds for him since we have Len already anyway. If anything, I'd be more interested in a Knight/Gay swap with the Kings.

The Suns really have no place in this other than to give up value that other teams are seeking and not get any back themselves. Deals like those rarely work because there is one team getting massively boned, and that would be the Suns in this case.

Based on the pieces moving around, I don't see the Suns being a part of this type of move at all. We'd just let those other 3 figure out which one of them will get the shortest stick instead of picking it up ourselves.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#17 » by City of Trees » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:23 pm

I think Sac needs to send out more assets to even out value here.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#18 » by DRK » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:24 pm

No incentive for Phoenix to do this. Lose their best player, and a great veteran presence who are both on great contracts.

Not to mention, the Suns are not looking to shed salary at all.
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win

Return to Trades and Transactions