TOR/MIL - Henson for Ross

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

TOR/MIL - Henson for Ross 

Post#1 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:28 am

Toronto gets John Henson

Milwaukee gets Terrence Ross

Why for Toronto? Get a shotblocking C to fill the Biyombo role and opens guard minutes for Powell and Wright

Why for Milwaukee? Just signed Plumlee while an athletic wing shooter is a good fit for their needs
Buckfan76
Senior
And1: 33

Re: TOR/MIL - Henson for Ross 

Post#2 » by Buckfan76 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:47 am

As a Bucks fan I'd do this deal and I think most would. I expanded it though for the Bucks to get rid of Monroe also.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zvast8n

Bucks get: Ross, T. Evans, and C. Zeller. Ross backs up Giannis at the 3, Evans even though he won't start the season he'd be our 6th man. Zeller would be either the starter or backup C. Bucks could then trade MCW or keep em.

NOP gets: Monroe. Simple they need a PF/C to pair up with AD. Monroe is from LA.

Raps get: Henson who steps into the lineup to either start or backup Sullinger.

Hornets get: Ajinca whose signed for 3 years, and Vaughn a good young SG prospect. Hornet fans would want maybe more in the deal?
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#3 » by LuessiT » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:01 am

Not interested unless something else comes along the way. Right now we will run a Plumlee/Henson C rotation with Monroe being traded.
Henson is signed to a very team friendly contract and is one of the best rim protectors in the league. No way you get him just for Ross.
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Post#4 » by patman52 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:47 am

LuessiT wrote:Not interested unless something else comes along the way. Right now we will run a Plumlee/Henson C rotation with Monroe being traded.
Henson is signed to a very team friendly contract and is one of the best rim protectors in the league. No way you get him just for Ross.

Agreed, The value and the fit there is way off. I think buck fans are happy with thier wing offense, it is their defense that needs a bump.

But I think the possibilty of Monroe being traded is slight. How many teams that want what Monroe brings can absorb 18mill and wants to take the chance that he does not opt in. This years cap space is almost all gone.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#5 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:52 am

patman52 wrote:Agreed, The value and the fit there is way off. I think buck fans are happy with thier wing offense,

Not really. Our backup wings are, well, really noone.

After the Plumlee contract I'd probably make this trade.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Post#6 » by patman52 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:56 am

Buckfan76 wrote:As a Bucks fan I'd do this deal and I think most would. I expanded it though for the Bucks to get rid of Monroe also.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zvast8n

Bucks get: Ross, T. Evans, and C. Zeller. Ross backs up Giannis at the 3, Evans even though he won't start the season he'd be our 6th man. Zeller would be either the starter or backup C. Bucks could then trade MCW or keep em.

NOP gets: Monroe. Simple they need a PF/C to pair up with AD. Monroe is from LA.

Raps get: Henson who steps into the lineup to either start or backup Sullinger.

Hornets get: Ajinca whose signed for 3 years, and Vaughn a good young SG prospect. Hornet fans would want maybe more in the deal?

Bobcats are already trying to dump a center, if by chance they dump one they are not going to want one coming back.

If you want them to take on Monroe, you have to find a team to take on Asik.
vanhill
Senior
And1: 245

Post#7 » by vanhill » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:13 pm

fair trade for both teams. Henson would be a good addition for the raps
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#8 » by Golabki » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:43 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:Toronto gets John Henson

Milwaukee gets Terrence Ross

Why for Toronto? Get a shotblocking C to fill the Biyombo role and opens guard minutes for Powell and Wright

Why for Milwaukee? Just signed Plumlee while an athletic wing shooter is a good fit for their needs

I've consistently said I think ross is a marginal rotation player and not worth much of anything... But even I think ross is worth more than henson
Jwduff
Pro Prospect
And1: 155

Post#9 » by Jwduff » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:44 pm

Player calibers are about the same but the Raptors have Poeltl and Sullinger to back up Val so I dont think theyd be interested. Plus, Henson's deal is a year longer than Ross's at a higher price point as well
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,775

Post#10 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:45 pm

We've discussed this deal a whole bunch of times. I think in a vacuum Henson is worth more than Ross, but this is a situation where both teams really need the other team's player quite a bit more. I think a straight swap is fine, or maybe a minor asset to the Bucks.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,535

Post#11 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:56 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:We've discussed this deal a whole bunch of times. I think in a vacuum Henson is worth more than Ross, but this is a situation where both teams really need the other team's player quite a bit more. I think a straight swap is fine, or maybe a minor asset to the Bucks.

Add in Noguierra? If not Toronto has 4 centers anyway, and he qualifies as a minor asset.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#12 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:09 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:We've discussed this deal a whole bunch of times. I think in a vacuum Henson is worth more than Ross, but this is a situation where both teams really need the other team's player quite a bit more. I think a straight swap is fine, or maybe a minor asset to the Bucks.

Add in Noguierra? If not Toronto has 4 centers anyway, and he qualifies as a minor asset.

That's fine but my concern is SF after the deal. Who backs up Carroll?
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#13 » by Andre Roberstan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:13 pm

This makes a decent amount of sense for both teams. Pretty much agree entirely with Chuck.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#14 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:12 pm

If there's a way to make it so Toronto receives a SF back I'm game.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#15 » by M-C-G » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:50 pm

Ross is the SG version of Henson, Henson is the C version of Ross...I think both can fairly be described as inconsistent and maddening players to their respective fan bases. Give me the one that can protect the rim. Henson isn't the center we need to be moving.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,581

Post#16 » by JayMKE » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:15 pm

I think Henson is more useful to the Bucks than Ross would be, don't trade big for small like this when all things are even. We gotta move Monroe instead in my opinion.
FREE GIANNIS
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#17 » by Morris_Shatford » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:06 pm

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

That's fine but my concern is SF after the deal. Who backs up Carroll?

I think you need to sign a guy at that point.
I would imagine that one of the older guy still out there ends up being available for the Min;
Martin, Green, etc
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
Jaballa Parkay
Junior
And1: 166

Post#18 » by Jaballa Parkay » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:25 pm

I'm not ready for that trade yet. If we trade Monroe and Maker becomes a quality backup, then we can discuss Henson.

Return to Trades and Transactions