Real Talk about your team's young players

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,760

Real Talk about your team's young players 

Post#1 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:51 pm

Simple really. List your team's young players (feel free to limit yourself to your best prospects, don't need every guy on the roster unless you just really want to) and then tell us who the worst young player you would trade them for.

For example:

Karl Towns: I wouldn't trade him for any player on a rookie contract
Ben Simmons: I would trade him for Karl Towns

I mainly just want to see what kind of consensus there is or isn't from fanbases here on how they value their own young talent and to try and get some kind of record to refer back to when deals are proposed. I'll admit that as a neutral fan I see lots of deals where I think the value is reasonably close only to hear both fanbases freak out that their guy is worth way more than the other guy.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
kcpruitt1
Ballboy
And1: 7

Re: Real Talk about your team's young players 

Post#2 » by kcpruitt1 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:00 pm

Devin Booker: would trade for Towns
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#3 » by bondom34 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:06 pm

OKC is tough right now because of Westbrook. At this point, its tough to trade any of them, but if you're to assume he's signed up long term and they're willing to part with anyone:

Payne: Trade for a mid/high end starting SF or a mid tier SF and backup PG
Sabonis: I have no idea right now, he was just taken 11th, so whatever value that has.
Adams: Don't ask. Only in a superstar type package.
Roberson: Honestly, he's probably more valuable to OKC than anyone else

Those are the main 4. I don't know what to think w/ Kanter and Abrines.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#4 » by pacers33granger » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:08 pm

Myles Turner is the only one really worth mentioning for Indy. Without looking at all the other young guys, I'd trade him for Towns, KP and that's about it. I recognize that guys like Simmons/Ingram have more value, but I'm not sold on them personally yet and also recognize that guys like Booker/Russel are of similar value, but I'd prefer Myles as it stands right now.
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,473

Post#5 » by Chinook » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:08 pm

Jonathon Simmons: Anything that would be considered first-round value.

Anderson: Wouldn't trade him for any prospect outside the very top level (really just Towns). Save the "Well Aaron Gordon, Lavine, Okafor, whatever is way more valuable than Anderson obviously." I don't care. You can keep them -- the Spurs need Anderson.

Murray, Bertans, LJC and the UDFAs: Too early to tell. Not feeling like including any of them in trades until February at least.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#6 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:10 pm

Giannis: Wouldn't trade him unless AD is coming back
Texas Chuck

Post#7 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:11 pm

Chinook wrote:Anderson: Wouldn't trade him for any prospect outside the very top level (really just Towns). Save the "Well Aaron Gordon, Lavine, Okafor, whatever is way more valuable than Anderson obviously." I don't care. You can keep them -- the Spurs need Anderson.

In the interest of clarification, I'm going to list some names and you tell me which if any you would trade Anderson for.

Towns
Wiggins
Ingram
Booker
Jokic
Jabari
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,076

Post#8 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:12 pm

Adams: Simmons
Dipo: Booker
Cam Payne: S. Johnson
Sabonis: Winslow
Texas Chuck

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:13 pm

kcpruitt1 wrote:Devin Booker: would trade for Towns

kcpruitt1 wrote:Clippers get:
PJ Tucker
Devin Booker

Suns get:
Nikola Jokic

Nuggets get:
Blake Griffin
Lotto protected 1st rounder from Clippers, which turns into 2 second rounders in 2020.

This post suggests you would add value to trade Booker for Jokic. So for clarification is Jokic a worse player you would trade Booker for---or do you believe Jokic to be a better prospect than Towns, perhaps?

Thanks
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,473

Post#10 » by Chinook » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:16 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Chinook wrote:Anderson: Wouldn't trade him for any prospect outside the very top level (really just Towns). Save the "Well Aaron Gordon, Lavine, Okafor, whatever is way more valuable than Anderson obviously." I don't care. You can keep them -- the Spurs need Anderson.

In the interest of clarification, I'm going to list some names and you tell me which if any you would trade Anderson for.

Towns
Wiggins
Ingram
Booker
Jokic
Jabari

Towns for sure. Probably Jokic and Jabari and Wiggins. Not feeling Ingram or Booker yet.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,471

Post#11 » by jayjaysee » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:26 pm

Justin Anderson - any actual good prospect.
Powell - any actual prospect.

No green font, no one is calling us though.
Texas Chuck

Post#12 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:28 pm

jayjaysee wrote:Justin Anderson - any actual good prospect.
Powell - any actual prospect.

No green font, no one is calling us though.

You mean you don't believe Donnie that teams were calling up offering mid 1sts for each of them? I'm aghast.
kcpruitt1
Ballboy

Post#13 » by kcpruitt1 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:28 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

This post suggests you would add value to trade Booker for Jokic. So for clarification is Jokic a worse player you would trade Booker for---or do you believe Jokic to be a better prospect than Towns, perhaps?

Thanks

I really love Jokic, think he could become the best big man in the league within a couple of years and is on a great contract.
I don't think Towns is worse than Jokic, I would prefer him slightly over Jokic, but considering contracts, I would have to say they are pretty equal and maybe even Jokic is slightly more valuable. If both the Wolves and Nuggets offered me Towns/Jokic for Booker, I would probably take the Nuggets offer, although it's really close. I may be alone on this, but I think Towns and Jokic are the two best young guys in the league.
kcpruitt1
Ballboy

Post#14 » by kcpruitt1 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:29 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

Thanks

I really love Jokic, think he could become the best big man in the league within a couple of years and is on a great contract.
I don't think Towns is worse than Jokic, I would prefer him slightly over Jokic, but considering contracts, I would have to say they are pretty equal and maybe even Jokic is slightly more valuable. If both the Wolves and Nuggets offered me Towns/Jokic for Booker, I would probably take the Nuggets offer, although it's really close. I may be alone on this, but I think Towns and Jokic are the two best young guys in the league.
Texas Chuck

Post#15 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:31 pm

kcpruitt1 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

Thanks

Thanks. I'm just trying to dial these values in as closely as I can. Appreciate you expounding.
wablty
Sixth Man
And1: 1,048

Post#16 » by wablty » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:41 pm

Towns: No one

Wiggins: Almost no one. Giannis, AD, Kawhi basically.

LaVine: More a criteria than a specific player- Youngish starting forward (either spot) under team control for a while that plays defense and can shoot. Aaron Gordon maybe. If there was a way to trade some of LaVine's upside for a more established guy that still fits the window and allows Wiggins to slide to SG, I'd strongly consider it. If there was a 25 year old Rudy Gay equivalent basically. Maybe Porter Jr.? Hard to say. Probably not. LaVine's absurd upside and current defense makes him difficult for me to value. I'm inclined to keep rolling the dice just to see if he turns into the offensive juggernaut I think he has a chance to be.

Tyus Jones: A rotation combo forward (preferably with some multi-position defense or high end range). Someone like Casspi I guess?

Dunn: Premature
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,787

Post#17 » by Colbinii » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:42 pm

Towns - Nobody
Wiggins - I would trade him for Porzingis, but that is about it. Most of the other moves are lateral, or the other players have more question marks (Simmons, Ingram).
Dunn - I would trade him for Booker, I wouldn't trade him for WCS, Noel, or Okafor
LaVine - I would trade him for Ingram, I wouldn't trade him for Booker
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#18 » by Andre Roberstan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:54 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Adams: Simmons
Dipo: Booker
Cam Payne: S. Johnson
Sabonis: Winslow

That's about fair.

To that I'd add—

McGary: reclamation project or fringe 2nd-rounder prospect. Maybe James Young? Bruno Caboclo? He's got talent but he can't seem to stay away from the weed. Tanked his value.

Huestis: Stauskas, maybe? A fringe guy who hasn't seemed to find his footing or a scrub-level wing would be the range.

Roberson: Doubt we'd get back value. He's more valuable to OKC than anyone else until he finds a shot.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,081

Post#19 » by JDR720 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:59 pm

players who are under 25.

Lamb- 2nd round pick talent. maybe like Jarnell Stokes.
Cody- late 1st round pick. maybe like Tyler Ulis
MKG- top 10 pick. maybe like Stanley Johnson
Frank- top 20 pick. maybe like Denzel Valentine

you can have Aaron Harrison for a box of rocks and I dont know enough about Wood.
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#20 » by Slartibartfast » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:18 pm

Jaylen Brown: Winslow
Kelly Olynyk: Valentine
Rozier: Jerian Grant
RJ Hunter: Stauskas
Yabusele: Cody Zeller
Zizic: RHJ