Yay/Boo: your team's best and worst offseason move so far

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Re: Yay/Boo: your team's best and worst offseason move so far 

Post#101 » by ackypoo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:10 pm

kinda all or nothing with me for the bucks. if they think they are ready to be competitive and make it out of the first round then all the signings make sense and im fine with them. if they miss the playoffs this year, then they kinda messed up the next 3 years of what coulda been a really exciting core.

i was hoping theyd resign plumlee (albeit cheaper), find a stopgap at PG that didnt involve us spending 10m/yr (not sure if anyone was available), and trade monroe (still hoping that works out).

the maker pick...which i didnt hate at the time, and dont hate now, even if he is 23. brogdan pick, looks good. selling a 2nd round pick for 2.4m doesnt seem to make sense now that we get to my final point, and the thing people will argue is completely inconsequential...

the release of damien inglis.

they basically released a 21 who hasnt been healthy and in shape, and played 150 minutes in his entire nba career. he even looked productive in limited minutes last year. i dont understand it at all.
blazersbucs40
Rookie
And1: 43

Post#102 » by blazersbucs40 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:28 pm

Yay: Ezeli
Boo: Napier
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#103 » by winter_mute_13 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:29 am

No one did the Pacers yet?

Yay: Picking up Thad Young for the #20 pick

Boo: Not doing anything about our gazillion combo guards
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,105

Post#104 » by ozwizard8 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:09 pm

Yay: W.Hernangomez
4 year signing on 1m per year deal. (Miles Plumlee got 52m/4 year, Willy can easily exceed Plumlee level.)

Boo: Sasha Vujacic
He sucked at last 3 years of his professional career. He was playing for 10th team of Turkish Basketball League before he sign with Knicks. Make him asistant/coach if he's valueable off the court. Vet.min contract is not a big deal though.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#105 » by j-ragg » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:34 pm

Can't remember if anyone touched on Orlando.

Yay: Frank Vogel replacing Skiles. Fournier signed to one of the best deals of free agency. Front court defense.

Boo: Jeff Green, although only 1 year. Augustin for 4 years is a long time but he isn't over 30 yet. Think there is potential for a minute logjam too in the front court, but we'll see.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.

Return to Trades and Transactions