Celtics/Sixers/Suns/Lakers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Celtics/Sixers/Suns/Lakers 

Post#1 » by Bentley1225 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:21 pm

Premise this idea is based on:
-Celtics have too many players, likely to cut James Young
-Sixers have too many PFs, likely to but Landry
-Suns need a short term PF while Chriss and Bender develop
-Lakers seem done with Nick Young.

To Boston (Trade Jerebko, Young)
-Carl Landry
-2018 Suns 2nd round pick
-2019 Bulls 2nd round pick

To Philadelphia (Trade Landry)
-Nick Young
-2017 Suns 2nd round pick
-2021 Lakers 2nd round pick

To Phoenix (Trade 2 2nds)
-Jonas Jerebko

To Los Anngeles (Trade Young, 2 2nds)
-James Young

Why?
-Celtics free up a roster spot and get back further assets in the event of 1-2 trades in near future. They can cut Holland.

Thomas/Rozier/Jackson
Bradley/Smart/Hunter
Brown/Crowder/Green
Johnson/Landry/Mickey
Horford/Olynyk/Zeller

-Sixers free up glut of PFs while saving $1 million this season. They can keep Young on roster and negotiate buyout in 2017 on player option.

Bayless/Rodriguez/McConnell
Henderson/Stauskas/Luwawu
Simmons/Covington/Grant/Young
Noel/Saric/Holmes
Okafor/Embiid

Suns add a short term PF who can start games to begin season while Chriss and Bender develop.

Bledsoe/Barbosa/Ulis
Knight/Booker/Goodwin
Warren/Dudley/Tucker
Jerebko/Chriss/Bender
Len/Chandler/Williams

Lakers get a young SG/SF while saving close to $3 million.

Russell/Calderon/Huertas
Clarkson/Williams/Young
Deng/Ingram/Brown
Randle/Nance Jr./FA
Mozgov/Black/Zubac
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Re: Celtics/Sixers/Suns/Lakers 

Post#2 » by gaspar » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:31 pm

No thanks, we don't need Jerebko whatsoever. He isn't better than Dudley or Tucker and he isn't worth 2 picks, probably not even 1.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#3 » by Bentley1225 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:38 pm

gaspar wrote:No thanks, we don't need Jerebko whatsoever. He isn't better than Dudley or Tucker and he isn't worth 2 picks, probably not even 1.

The idea is Dudley and Tucker dont have the size to the play the 4, thats the whole point. Jerebko is 6'10", more athletic than the 2 aforementioned players and he can knock down the 3 whereas Tucker can't
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Post#4 » by patman52 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:44 pm

gaspar wrote:No thanks, we don't need Jerebko whatsoever. He isn't better than Dudley or Tucker and he isn't worth 2 picks, probably not even 1.

Dudley, no. Tucker yes. and he can give min at PF. He is a player that has very good value as a swing forward.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer

Post#5 » by gaspar » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:50 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:

The idea is Dudley and Tucker dont have the size to the play the 4, thats the whole point. Jerebko is 6'10", more athletic than the 2 aforementioned players and he can knock down the 3 whereas Tucker can't

I don't care what size they are, I still would much rather have Tucker (more physical and better defender) and Dudley (better shooter and passer) play PF than Jerebko.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer

Post#6 » by gaspar » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:52 pm

patman52 wrote:

Dudley, no. Tucker yes. and he can give min at PF. He is a player that has very good value as a swing forward.

I doubt it, not for the Suns, that's for sure.
hcsilla
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#7 » by hcsilla » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:05 pm

There is zero point of spending 5 mil. cap space on wasting 2 2nd rounders for the Suns.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,521

Post#8 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:14 pm

hcsilla wrote:There is zero point of spending 5 mil. cap space on wasting 2 2nd rounders for the Suns.

I feel like Phx fans keep saying that the team is more likely to push win now versus rebuilding.

If thats true, then spending a couple of 2nds and cap space for some pf help isn't a waste. Now Jerebko might not be the best piece, and I have trouble seeing him worth 2 2nds versus 1; but unless that direction has changed I don't really understand the tone of the response.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer

Post#9 » by gaspar » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:35 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
hcsilla wrote:There is zero point of spending 5 mil. cap space on wasting 2 2nd rounders for the Suns.

I feel like Phx fans keep saying that the team is more likely to push win now versus rebuilding.

If thats true, then spending a couple of 2nds and cap space for some pf help isn't a waste. Now Jerebko might not be the best piece, and I have trouble seeing him worth 2 2nds versus 1; but unless that direction has changed I don't really understand the tone of the response.

Re-signing Earl Watson and drafting two raw projects in the top-8 of the draft indicates something completely different.

We signed Dudley to a 3-year deal to be our starting PF for the next 1-1.5 years and we have Tucker, Warren and Len who can play some minutes at PF (besides Bender and Chriss). We don't need more help at PF unless it's someone who could be a long-term starter with more potential than Bender and Chriss.
HartfordWhalers

Post#10 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:52 pm

gaspar wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Re-signing Earl Watson and drafting two raw projects in the top-8 of the draft indicates something completely different.

We signed Dudley to a 3-year deal to be our starting PF for the next 1-1.5 years and we have Tucker, Warren and Len who can play some minutes at PF (besides Bender and Chriss). We don't need more help at PF unless it's someone who could be a long-term starter with more potential than Bender and Chriss.

So Phx rebuilding trades won't get told they are the wrong direction for Sarver anymore?
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer

Post#11 » by gaspar » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:58 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
gaspar wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

So Phx rebuilding trades won't get told they are the wrong direction for Sarver anymore?

Depends what you mean by "rebuilding trades". Dumping Bledsoe and/or Knight (most popular Suns trades on this board) for pieces/picks is not what the the Suns are looking for. They are both considered key parts of the core.
HartfordWhalers

Post#12 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:02 pm

gaspar wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
gaspar wrote:Re-signing Earl Watson and drafting two raw projects in the top-8 of the draft indicates something completely different.

Depends what you mean by "rebuilding trades". Dumping Bledsoe and/or Knight (most popular Suns trades on this board) for pieces/picks is not what the the Suns are looking for. They are both considered key parts of the core.

Bledsoe.
Knight.
Tucker.

If Phoenix is committed to the long time frame that Bender and Chriss are supposed to take, they should be willing to consider moving those guys. If not, I'm really not sure what to make of all the team direction complaints I see thrown around in Phoenix trades -- we cannot give up assets for win now pieces and we cannot trade our win now pieces.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer

Post#13 » by gaspar » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:20 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
gaspar wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Bledsoe.
Knight.
Tucker.

If Phoenix is committed to the long time frame that Bender and Chriss are supposed to take, they should be willing to consider moving those guys. If not, I'm really not sure what to make of all the team direction complaints I see thrown around in Phoenix trades -- we cannot give up assets for win now pieces and we cannot trade our win now pieces.

Bledsoe and especially Knight are young enough to be in the Suns long-term plans. And even if the Suns wanted to move them, doing it right now when their value is at all time low, instead of waiting at least until the trade deadline next season would be stupid.

Players like Jerebko, Gay, Monroe, Hawes or any other unwanted mediocre vets (who are constantly offered to the Suns on this board) are more "win-never pieces" than "win-now pieces".
HartfordWhalers

Post#14 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:31 pm

gaspar wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
gaspar wrote:Depends what you mean by "rebuilding trades". Dumping Bledsoe and/or Knight (most popular Suns trades on this board) for pieces/picks is not what the the Suns are looking for. They are both considered key parts of the core.

Bledsoe.
Knight.
Tucker.

Bledsoe and especially Knight are young enough to be in the Suns long-term plans. And even if the Suns wanted to move them, doing it right now when their value is at all time low, instead of waiting at least until the trade deadline next season would be stupid.

Players like Jerebko, Gay, Monroe, Hawes or any other unwanted mediocre vets (who are constantly offered to the Suns on this board) are more "win-never pieces" than "win-now pieces".

If Bledsoe and Knight are guaranteed to go up in value, they would already be up in value. :)
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,700

Post#15 » by the_process » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:06 am

gaspar wrote:Re-signing Earl Watson and drafting two raw projects in the top-8 of the draft indicates something completely different.

Okafor and Thompson for Warren, Knight, and the 2018 MIA 1st?
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,632

Post#16 » by Qwigglez » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:48 am

oyoyer wrote:

Okafor and Thompson for Warren, Knight, and the 2018 MIA 1st?

Take out Warren and the Suns would say yes. Don't know who Thompson is so you can take him out too.
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,478

Post#17 » by Karmaloop » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:21 pm

This deal seems superfluous for the Lakers. Having Nick Young under contract (whether it be at his normal salary or the stretched salary) really doesn't affect their 2017 FA cap space significant enough to really warrant giving up anything of value. Not sure the Lakers need an extra $2.3M in cap space or whatever minuscule amount for next year that badly.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,643

Post#18 » by Smitty731 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:59 pm

There is no chance the Celtics are giving up Jerebko (who is actually a valuable rotation guy) to take on Landry just to dump Young. They'd just cut Young and eat his salary.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#19 » by Golabki » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:10 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:Premise this idea is based on:
-Celtics have too many players, likely to cut James Young
-Sixers have too many PFs, likely to but Landry
-Suns need a short term PF while Chriss and Bender develop
-Lakers seem done with Nick Young.

To Boston (Trade Jerebko, Young)
-Carl Landry
-2018 Suns 2nd round pick
-2019 Bulls 2nd round pick

To Philadelphia (Trade Landry)
-Nick Young
-2017 Suns 2nd round pick
-2021 Lakers 2nd round pick

To Phoenix (Trade 2 2nds)
-Jonas Jerebko

To Los Anngeles (Trade Young, 2 2nds)
-James Young

Why?
-Celtics free up a roster spot and get back further assets in the event of 1-2 trades in near future. They can cut Holland.

Thomas/Rozier/Jackson
Bradley/Smart/Hunter
Brown/Crowder/Green
Johnson/Landry/Mickey
Horford/Olynyk/Zeller

-Sixers free up glut of PFs while saving $1 million this season. They can keep Young on roster and negotiate buyout in 2017 on player option.

Bayless/Rodriguez/McConnell
Henderson/Stauskas/Luwawu
Simmons/Covington/Grant/Young
Noel/Saric/Holmes
Okafor/Embiid

Suns add a short term PF who can start games to begin season while Chriss and Bender develop.

Bledsoe/Barbosa/Ulis
Knight/Booker/Goodwin
Warren/Dudley/Tucker
Jerebko/Chriss/Bender
Len/Chandler/Williams

Lakers get a young SG/SF while saving close to $3 million.

Russell/Calderon/Huertas
Clarkson/Williams/Young
Deng/Ingram/Brown
Randle/Nance Jr./FA
Mozgov/Black/Zubac

Seems like this is really two deals - Boston trades Jerebko to Pho for 2 seconds, and LAL dumps Young by attaching 2 seconds.
bigmean
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#20 » by bigmean » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:38 pm

I don't like this deal sorry?

Return to Trades and Transactions